[Q] Galaxy S4 i9505 Yellow window, no files in efs folder

Search This thread

QuaTiMxi

Feb 18, 2012
Stockholm
Hello, im a new to this kind of things. Yesterday I flashed a rom and when I booted the rom up a yellow window poped up, check the attactment how the window looks like. I have tried many solutions on the internet but none of them has worked. My efs folder is also empty, and I didn't make a backup of it i just made a full backup in cwm. I'm hoping that somebody can help me because my S4 is the only phone that I have. Sorry for my bad english.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-23-18-25-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-23-18-25-14.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 2,846

samersh72

Nov 26, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Hello, im a new to this kind of things. Yesterday I flashed a rom and when I booted the rom up a yellow window poped up, check the attactment how the window looks like. I have tried many solutions on the internet but none of them has worked. My efs folder is also empty, and I didn't make a backup of it i just made a full backup in cwm. I'm hoping that somebody can help me because my S4 is the only phone that I have. Sorry for my bad english.

Efs folder is not empty.
Use root explorer or file explorer with mount option and do the following:
open file "factorymode" in efs/factoryApp directory, it probabely says "off", change to "on" (yes "on" is the correct setting to turn it off), then save

reboot

sent from my Galaxy

Last edited:

QuaTiMxi

Feb 18, 2012
Stockholm
Efs folder is not empty.
open file "factorymode" in efs/factoryApp directory, it probabely says "off", change to "on" (yes "on" is the correct setting to turn it off), then save

reboot

sent from my Galaxy

I have tried both Root expolorer and root browser none of them dosen't find the files in efs, I have attached some thumbnails of the apps

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-23-19-33-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-23-19-33-55.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 2,257
  • Screenshot_2013-06-23-19-34-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-23-19-34-09.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 2,284

samersh72

Nov 26, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Reactions: QuaTiMxi

QuaTiMxi

Feb 18, 2012
Stockholm
I forgot to say that the lockscreen isn't working, when I press the sleep button the phone turns black but when i press it again it won't ask for my lockscreen code. I can't make calls because the mobile network isn't functional. No luck in that file manager either :confused:

samersh72

Nov 26, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
I forgot to say that the lockscreen isn't working, when I press the sleep button the phone turns black but when i press it again it won't ask for my lockscreen code. I can't make calls because the mobile network isn't functional. No luck in that file manager either :confused:

and i think that power menu is gone also...
go to efs/imei folder, and make a file called "keystr" (without " ") (it is probably missing)
open "keystr" file and write "on" (without " " ),save. set permission of the file (all ticked).
But unfortunately, i think that your efs partition is corrupted. You must make a backup for this partition after rooting.
Try to flash stock firmware, some reported that it worked

sent from my Galaxy

QuaTiMxi

Feb 18, 2012
Stockholm
go to efs/imei folder, and make a file called "keystr" (without " ") (it is probably missing)
open "keystr" file and write "on" (without " " ),save. set permission of the file (all ticked).
But unfortunately, i think that your efs partition is corrupted. You must make a backup for this partition after rooting.

sent from my Galaxy
I managed to get the yellow text away by uninstalling the factorytest apk.
I have tried to install stock firmware trough odin no luck there to. How can I make a backup for this partition?

QuaTiMxi

Feb 18, 2012
Stockholm
Now my mobile network works to, I managed to fix it by turning my simcard lock of. The only problem that is left now is the lockscreen and powermenu. I can use the keystr solution and it works but every time I reboot my phone the /efs folder gets empty. Please help me im so confused :confused:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

benni_1994

Jul 8, 2012
Friedrichshafen
Guys i've got the same problem but i dont have a backup :'(
I wanted a fully clean system so i've wiped everythimg and flashed the me8 firmware as pda in odin.
Everything works but i've got no lockscreen and no power menue.
I would be so happy if someone could help me to solve my problem.
I'm using a 9505.

samersh72

Nov 26, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
I wanted a fully clean system so i've wiped everythimg and flashed the me8 firmware as pda in odin.
I'm using a 9505.

Root your phone and see post number 6 in this thread

sent from my Galaxy

QuaTiMxi

Feb 18, 2012
Stockholm
It must work, no other solution, be sure that you set "keystr" file permission when you finish

sent from my Galaxy
I got it to work! I followed all the steps and when i was done I edited the keystr file in hex editor so the values was 4f and 4e and all others 00. This solution worked but its not permanent, each time I reboot the phone I have to do the same thing again, is there any permanent solution? :confused:

samersh72

Nov 26, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
I got it to work! I followed all the steps and when i was done I edited the keystr file in hex editor so the values was 4f and 4e and all others 00. This solution worked but its not permanent, each time I reboot the phone I have to do the same thing again, is there any permanent solution? :confused:

Save the file after editing

sent from my Galaxy

benni_1994

Jul 8, 2012
Friedrichshafen
Yeah I have followed your advice but the only way to disable the yellow window is to freeze/uninstall it :/ The permissions are all ticked (0777). Even after a reboot. Tried the solution from post 2 and 6 ...

This wouldnt be so bad but the power menue and the lockscreen are more important. I hope someone can help :)

benni_1994

Jul 8, 2012
Friedrichshafen
I'm so glad... everything works again. Download the android terminal emulatir from the playstore and enter the following commands:

su
echo -n ON > /efs/FactoryApp/factorymode
sync
reboot

This was the only way I was able to get the locksceeen and power menue :)
Hope that helps you!

Reactions: spagman72

samersh72

Nov 26, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
I'm so glad... everything works again. Download the android terminal emulatir from the playstore and enter the following commands:

su
sync
reboot

This was the only way I was able to get the locksceeen and power menue :)
Hope that helps you!

Good to hear:thumbup:
This command leads to same result posted in second post

sent from my Galaxy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Efs folder is not empty.

reboot

sent from my Galaxy
    Dear all, it happenned to me too but I managed to repair it.
    you need your S4 to be root installed, from your PC using adb :
    adb shell
    su
    mke2fs -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
    mount -w -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p10
    reboot

On your S4, download the android terminal emulator from the playstore and enter the following commands:
    su
    sync
    exit
    exit

reboot in recovery and wipe data factory reset

it should be OK.
    hope this help everyone.
    best regards.

from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2245460 and http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2204960 and benni2903 post from this thread
    I have tried both Root expolorer and root browser none of them dosen't find the files in efs, I have attached some thumbnails of the apps

Can you make a call?.
    Any way use this file mansger (go to setting and enable "root explorer" and "mount system folders" ) https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5yaG1zb2Z0LmZtIl0.

sent from my Galaxy

sent from my Galaxy
    I'm using a 9505.

Root your phone and see post number 6 in this thread

sent from my Galaxy