Unresponsive screen

Search This thread

mattg210

Sep 11, 2012
Chicago
(Currently on 2nd s5) Have noticed a few occasions where neither home nor power button will wake. Only soft keys light up. If you touch blank screen you still hear touch sounds. But results in having to pull battery. S5 is NOT rooted, and only a very small handful of apps installed(Facebook, xda, dropbox, Amazon). Thought was a bad hardware issue, thus why I replaced phone. Only to see issue still remains. Any suggestions? I've factory reset multiple times on both phones. Did however carryover sd card from s3. Would wrong that possibly fix?

bryanu

Dec 1, 2010
(Currently on 2nd s5) Have noticed a few occasions where neither home nor power button will wake. Only soft keys light up. If you touch blank screen you still hear touch sounds. But results in having to pull battery. S5 is NOT rooted, and only a very small handful of apps installed(Facebook, xda, dropbox, Amazon). Thought was a bad hardware issue, thus why I replaced phone. Only to see issue still remains. Any suggestions? I've factory reset multiple times on both phones. Did however carryover sd card from s3. Would wrong that possibly fix?

After your factory reset try not loading anything else on the phone, just leave it flat out stock with your contacts only and see how it goes.

I've not seen it and if you've had two do it now it's probably some app conflict.

Could be SD card also, but rare chance. I say could be because it could have an issue and be keeping the phone busy else wise but I doubt. I think it's probably some type of app or setting conflict.