[q] need help upgrading gnexus

Search This thread
Sep 4, 2014
Hey Guys,

First off, thanks to all the devs on here for working hard! Without you guys, we wouldn't be anywhere on our phones.

I haven't flashed my GNexus in a year now.

I am currently running 4.2.1 (JellyBean) JBSourcery-V4.3 and my radio bandwith is I515.10 V.FF02/1515.FG02

I would like to update this bad boy to the latest Radio, as well as run a bug-free ROM/Kernel.

I know that JBSourcery didn't create roms for KitKat. But I did love their work and will miss them!

What would you guys recommend?

Btw, I have the GNexus with Verizon Wireless!

Thanks!:fingers-crossed:

P.S. - Any links to the downloads would help out so much!

Sep 4, 2014
In addition, should I flash the Radio first and then the ROM/Kernel?

How do I flash again? It's been over a year I haven't flashed and don't want to brick my phone as I am going from JellyBean to KitKat.

purephysics

Apr 27, 2012
Brighton
Hey Guys,

First off, thanks to all the devs on here for working hard! Without you guys, we wouldn't be anywhere on our phones.

I haven't flashed my GNexus in a year now.

I am currently running 4.2.1 (JellyBean) JBSourcery-V4.3 and my radio bandwith is I515.10 V.FF02/1515.FG02

I would like to update this bad boy to the latest Radio, as well as run a bug-free ROM/Kernel.

I know that JBSourcery didn't create roms for KitKat. But I did love their work and will miss them!

What would you guys recommend?

Btw, I have the GNexus with Verizon Wireless!

Thanks!:fingers-crossed:

P.S. - Any links to the downloads would help out so much!

I'm not sure about the radio as that is not something I am familiar with, but a quick snoop around XDA lead me to the main GNexus Q&A forums (
http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/help) and this thread which includes a section about installing ROMs, Kernels and Tweaks (http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/help/guide-ultimate-nexus-4-root-guide-t2018179)

Sep 4, 2014
Thanks for your response!

However, I'm still trying to figure out when I am going from JellyBean to KitKat, how am I supposed to install a radio/ROM/Kernel?

I read those instructions and I think it pertains to only if your on the same operating system (like going from JellyBean to JellyBean).

Also, I'm not sure if I should update the newer VZW radio or should I keep the one I am on? (I515.10 V.FF02/1515.FG02)

Can anyone else please help me? :confused: