[THREAD CLOSED] SpeedTests, Benchmarks (AnTuTu, OpenGL..)

What's your average DL speed in UK (3G only!!)

• Under 10Mbps

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • 10-20Mbps

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Above 20Mbps

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

btemtd

Aug 8, 2012
ahh I see so the best thing you could do is hit the Speed test and then quickly hit the home button and goto phone and dial *#0011# to see what you are on, this is the only way i can see of that will allow you to see what you are doing while your on a test cause there is no option in speedtest for testmode to see live info while your peforming the test. I guess that is ok if you in a strong DC area if your in my area in that 2 -3 seconds it takes you to go to phone and press the test number it could of switched modes lol

Last edited:

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
ahh I see so the best thing you could do is hit the Speed test and then quickly hit the home button and goto phone and dial *#0011# to see what you are on, this is the only way i can see of that will allow you to see what you are doing while your on a test cause there is no option in speedtest for testmode to see live info while your peforming the test. I guess that is ok if you in a strong DC area if your in my area in that 2 -3 seconds it takes you to go to phone and press the test number it could of switched modes lol

Correct! You can do in this order: dial *#0011# and press home, open and run SpeedTest then hold home and switch to Test mode... ;)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

Badelhas

Aug 12, 2012
Braga
What I did was enter service mode and then turn data on, it's the same as doing a speed test because email and such will use Internet. Here are my print screens

http://db.tt/JIRtAqfU

http://db.tt/tTtZ0NcQ

Last edited:

btemtd

Aug 8, 2012
your Attachment pics are corrupt cannot see anything

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Correct! You can do in this order: dial *#0011# and press home, open and run SpeedTest then hold home and switch to Test mode... ;)

ok I wiil give it a go when im in the right area

Reactions: DjeMBeY

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
Last few days I was testing MODEM's.... From tests I've noticed a big differences in DL&Ping....
Fastest MODEM for 3UK is BUALI6!!! Getting on it up to 20Mbps....
Another good one is XXALK2 but can't get more than 15Mbps...
Worst one I've tested was XXALI9 couldn't get more than 10Mbps....
All modems tested in same place with same reception, similar times of day....
Hope it helps a bit :)

kollybie

Apr 28, 2009
I tried all modem but the variation seem not much a different in Singapore. Getting about 10mpbs but upload is 30mpbs. I tried on iphone 5 and One XL give me about DL 20 - 40 mbps , UP 30 plus mbps.

I try tethering using the S3 for my laptop and surprising i get 45mbps for DL and 30 mpbs for UL . Is there incompatability with S3 and speed test software ?

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
I tried all modem but the variation seem not much a different in Singapore. Getting about 10mpbs but upload is 30mpbs. I tried on iphone 5 and One XL give me about DL 20 - 40 mbps , UP 30 plus mbps.

I try tethering using the S3 for my laptop and surprising i get 45mbps for DL and 30 mpbs for UL . Is there incompatability with S3 and speed test software ?

UL 30Mbps??? That's 4G not 3G...
I've tested modems on 3G in UK.... In Singapore you will have to work out which one is best for your part of the world.... ;)
I don't have 4G sim-card to test if there'll be any differences in speed regarding different modem's...

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
My best score so far..... :D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354488243110.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354488243110.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 295

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
:cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops: :cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops: :cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops: :cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops: :cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops: :cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops: :cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops: :cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops:

Attachments

• fastest.jpg
    fastest.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 636
Last edited:

Badelhas

Aug 12, 2012
Braga
:cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops: :cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops: :cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops: :cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops: :cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops: :cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops: :cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops: :cyclops::cyclops::cyclops::cyclops:
Damm! ;)

kleeneex

Oct 19, 2011
At work, vodafone, munich ;)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355213036866.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355213036866.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 212

btemtd

Aug 8, 2012
There we go this will shutup these ppl ranting about no difference in Internet speeds because They dont need LTE.

Well there you go NO LTE and good speeds ;)

I9305 < Enough said :p

DjeMBeY

Dec 23, 2011
London, UK
www.soundcloud.com
Yeah!!! Here in UK we have just One LTE network so far and it's Biggest Joke Ever!!! £36/pm - 500MB !!! Speeds are slow compared to yours in Australia (70Mbps+ !!!!), 8-20Mbps on average , 30Mbps if you lucky ...
I'm getting similar speeds on unlimited plan for less thanks to DC-HSPA+ :D
In future I'll swap to 4G but only with fast& unlimited plan…

shaz2sxy

Aug 20, 2012
I am on T-mobile(EE) full monty

I average around 5/6mpbs

but at my mums I got 20mb

will post pics later today when I do some more test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not much going on in GT-i9305 section so let see what this phone can really do...
    All kinds of Speed Tests, Benchmarks and Battery Stats are welcome ;)

Network: 3G or 4G???

Just wondering how it goes on DC-HSPA+??? Here in UK, Three is fastest so far... I'm getting speeds 15-25Mbps DL / up to 4.5Mbps UL in many places!! :D Who need expensive LTE with crazy data capping (500MB - £36/pm) and speeds 10-20Mbps... Joke...
    To check what kind of 3G connection you have while testing:
    1: dial *#0011# (phone will go in to Service Mode)
    2: press home button
    3: open and run SpeedTest
    4: press&hold home button and switch back to Service Mode... ;)
    5: on the bottom of screen look for "DC_HSPA+ : 1(enabled) 0(disabled)"

Battery:

Many people reported bad battery life but I'm very happy with it so I'll share some of my tricks how to get more juice....
    My current set up: Pandoriam ROM v6.6, latest Perseus Kernel: no UV, no OC, no tweaks, Modem: BUALI6, Network: 3UK (DC-HSPA)

1. Custom ROM & kernel is recommended but NOT essential ;) (most of them includes battery tweaks also they bloat free)
    2. Install BBS and check what's drinking your juice... Some of apps are heavy drinkers (Facebook, Twitter etc....) so keep eye on battery after you install new app(s). Don't use Juice Defender, it makes things worse.
    3. Disable Google Now & Locations (main juice drinker)
    4. Install "Fast Dormancy Toggle" from Play Store and disable it. It safe to use. If you don't use 4g, change Network Mode to WCDMA only. BTW bad signal reception draining more juice as well.
    5. Keep screen brightness on manual, as low as possible... obviously ;)
    6. Use inverted apps and dark wallpaper if possible, stay away from live wallpapers...
    7. Only If you know what you doing, install app called" NoBloat Free" or any other similar app and disable/freeze unimportant processes draining your battery. (Exchange and Samsung Push Services are heavy drinkers)
    8. AutoSync & NFC - OFF!!
    9. Use Original Samsung 1A charger, don't use your laptop to charge phone....
    10. Keep WiFi ON only if you need it. To make things easy, in Advanced WiFi settings, we have WiFi Timer. (can be used to keep it ON/OFF automatically, through the night for example)

attachment.php

attachment.php
    Sent from my GT-I9305T using xda app-developers app
    The Thunder Down Under - (more like lighning)

This was me at drinks on Friday on the outskirts of town, Brisbane Australia on Telstra 4G network. I took about 4 tests and this was the average one.

:D

Samsung Galaxy SIII - I1905T

526300_10151151236203597_2040085144_n.jpg

Another reason to come Down Under....
    Pandoriam v2.0, No OC&UV....