[AROMA][SPRINT]Recovery Switcher[2014-05-07]

Search This thread

Original T

Apr 10, 2012
Shoreview, MN
You're right I believe. A backup made on philz recovery Will not restore on Twrp,they are using different methods of making the backup so they will not restore back correctly using the opposite recovery

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks that is what i thought just needed confirmation. what about different versions #s of a recovery like twrp 2.7.0.0 and twrp 2.5.0.0 (just an example) or whichever versions being used? can u restore from one to the other if that were the case? thanks

EVOuser94

Aug 6, 2012
Bloomsdale
Thanks that is what i thought just needed confirmation. what about different versions #s of a recovery like twrp 2.7.0.0 and twrp 2.5.0.0 (just an example) or whichever versions being used? can u restore from one to the other if that were the case? thanks

I wouldn't try it, because what 2.7.0.7 has 2.7.0.0 might not sometimes it can be crucial updates that change compression, or partitioning. Safest to use whatever you used to backup to restore. Sometimes it will work but you will have to test at your own risk.

Original T

Apr 10, 2012
Shoreview, MN
I wouldn't try it, because what 2.7.0.7 has 2.7.0.0 might not sometimes it can be crucial updates that change compression, or partitioning. Safest to use whatever you used to backup to restore. Sometimes it will work but you will have to test at your own risk.

yeah i wasnt thinkin it was something that couild be done really. just wasnt sure about it so figured id ask so i knew for sure. but thanks

BlackJin10dan

Aug 29, 2010
Maryland
I've had some problems installing the zip. At first it would not install saying a custom folder needed to be created. I just tried again to install V2 and I got the Welcome screen, press Next to continue. Touching the next on the bottom right does nothing.

I have PhilZ Touch 5.26.6 CWM v6.0.4.8 recovery installed which says No CWM /aroma fm/aroma fm.zip in storage paths.

lucky_515

Oct 8, 2014
columbus indiana
Disclaimer:
By flashing this rom you take full responsibility to whatever happens on your device. The developer will NOT be held responsible to whatever happens on your device. Of course, this tool has been tested but whatever happens on your device will not be held against the developer.

*NOTE*
If you Want Want To See A Recovery That not in Here Just Ask

Be Sure You Have A HTC One(M8)
Works CDMA Sprint DO NOT FLASH ON GSM OR verizon OR YOU WILL BRICK
About:
One day while on xda I saw a recovery switcher made by another xda user so I said to myself "hay I want that"
so After Messing With Stuff I Was Done With my Own Recovery Switcher But Enough taking go ahead and flash and have fun IF you like my development please follow my project from desktop, by going on the first page of this thread and pressing from the top black corner the button telling you "FOLLOW PROJECT”.
THANK YOU

Recoverys In Here:

• [*]TWRP Recovery 2.7.0.2
    [*]PhilZ Touch 6.25.6
    [*]Unofficial TWRP Recovery 2.7.0.7
    [*]Unofficial ClockworkMod Touch 6.0.4.8
    [*]Unofficial ClockworkMod Non Touch 6.0.4.8

Features:

• [*]Switch Pre Built Recovery Made For Your Device On The Fly

[*]No More Flashing recovery's In Fastboot

Changelog:
v1.0 - 5/7/14:
Added @Captain_Throwback's Unofficial TWRP 2.7.0.7 Recovery
v1.0 - 5/7/14:
Initial Release

Downloads:

Recovery_Switcher_One_M8_SPRINT_v2
MD5 0f16dc592a50e6e7dbdac972754feebb

Recovery_Switcher_One_M8_SPRINT_v1
MD5 1f80855c7c01402ff9e4adf897202cef
Don't forget to hit the thanks button, I have worked very hard on this

Instructions:
  1. Download the zip
  2. Boot into recovery
  3. Install It like you would with a Mod Or Rom
  4. Then Set The Check Box At the end With Reboot In To System
  5. Then Boot Back In to recovery and See your new recovery

Thanks To/Credits: @amarullz - For Aroma Installer
@CNexus - For The Idea (Im getting It Right Now lol)
@Phil3759- For Philz Recovery
@Dees_Troy - For Twrp Recovery
@interloper - For CWM Recovery
@EVOuser94 - Thanks For The Sprint M8 Layout
@Captain_Throwback - For TWRP 2.7.0.7 Recovery @Venomtester - For The Op Pictures
glencoco
in the aroma installer ..touch is broken..cannot use touch screen to select..had to abort the install..tried getting around this useing the power button and volume..made it all the way till had to check the box to agree to terms..there was no way to do this..i cant wait to try this....and yes ive got the htc m8 sprint cdma..super cid..just used an ruu with the latest update 4.4.4..odd though after useing the rom update uttlity i was still unlocked just with official software..im only stateing this because im not sure if its the firmware causeing the touch not to work??..is there a way to fix this.is it my phone?or the zip?

Last edited by a moderator:

Flashalot

Jun 7, 2012
Chicago
in the aroma installer ..touch is broken..cannot use touch screen to select..had to abort the install..tried getting around this useing the power button and volume..made it all the way till had to check the box to agree to terms..there was no way to do this..i cant wait to try this....and yes ive got the htc m8 sprint cdma..super cid..just used an ruu with the latest update 4.4.4..odd though after useing the rom update uttlity i was still unlocked just with official software..im only stateing this because im not sure if its the firmware causeing the touch not to work??..is there a way to fix this.is it my phone?or the zip?
Hmm I forgot about this tool
And no its not your phone the aroma I used at this time was known to make the phone do that I will just have to pull cpt's fixed aroma

Also next time don't quote the whole op others may not be as nice as I am about the subject and would get very butt hurt about it [emoji6]

Reactions: lucky_515

lucky_515

Oct 8, 2014
columbus indiana
sorry bout that..and appreciate you being nice about it..cause now i know not to do that to any thread....and in your mess does this mean you will be updateing the recovery switcher?..so the touch could work?..i think this is a really handy tool,and would use it often!!..also not sure if the recoverys are all the latest anymore right is this ok to still use them?..im def.gonna keep an eye out on this ..cause if you do update it and everything is working im gonna flash again asap!!...ive made back ups with philz and twrp..be so easy to switch back and forth on the fly..thanks!!

Reactions: Flashalot

lucky_515

Oct 8, 2014
columbus indiana
has this been updated yet?..last time i flashed the touchscreen wouldnt work,dev said he was gonna fix it..just wanting to know if he did yet,cause im excited to use this for sure,hope the recoverys get updated to latest versions also!!..great idea.thanks for the work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer:
    By flashing this rom you take full responsibility to whatever happens on your device. The developer will NOT be held responsible to whatever happens on your device. Of course, this tool has been tested but whatever happens on your device will not be held against the developer.

*NOTE*
    If you Want Want To See A Recovery That not in Here Just Ask

Be Sure You Have A HTC One(M8)
    Works CDMA Sprint DO NOT FLASH ON GSM OR verizon OR YOU WILL BRICK
    About:
    One day while on xda I saw a recovery switcher made by another xda user so I said to myself "hay I want that"
    so After Messing With Stuff I Was Done With my Own Recovery Switcher But Enough taking go ahead and flash and have fun IF you like my development please follow my project from desktop, by going on the first page of this thread and pressing from the top black corner the button telling you "FOLLOW PROJECT”.
    THANK YOU

Recoverys In Here:

• [*]TWRP Recovery 2.7.0.2
      [*]PhilZ Touch 6.25.6
      [*]Unofficial TWRP Recovery 2.7.0.7
      [*]Unofficial ClockworkMod Touch 6.0.4.8
      [*]Unofficial ClockworkMod Non Touch 6.0.4.8

Features:

• [*]Switch Pre Built Recovery Made For Your Device On The Fly

[*]No More Flashing recovery's In Fastboot

Changelog:
    v1.0 - 5/7/14:
    Added @Captain_Throwback's Unofficial TWRP 2.7.0.7 Recovery
    v1.0 - 5/7/14:
    Initial Release

Downloads:

Recovery_Switcher_One_M8_SPRINT_v2
    MD5 0f16dc592a50e6e7dbdac972754feebb

Recovery_Switcher_One_M8_SPRINT_v1
    MD5 1f80855c7c01402ff9e4adf897202cef
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button, I have worked very hard on this

Instructions:
    1. Download the zip
    2. Boot into recovery
    3. Install It like you would with a Mod Or Rom
    4. Then Set The Check Box At the end With Reboot In To System
    5. Then Boot Back In to recovery and See your new recovery

Thanks To/Credits: @amarullz - For Aroma Installer
    @CNexus - For The Idea (Im getting It Right Now lol)
    @Phil3759- For Philz Recovery
    @Dees_Troy - For Twrp Recovery
    @interloper - For CWM Recovery
    @EVOuser94 - Thanks For The Sprint M8 Layout
    @Captain_Throwback - For TWRP 2.7.0.7 Recovery @Venomtester - For The Op Pictures
    glencoco
    Hope you all like it ?
    Well after a hr I have s-off and root and this tool aroma is not good (very crapy worst I have every ran )I did not think it was that bad I'll come up with something for you guys I think I know why its like this hopefully I can get done with it quickly so I can work on some aosp to

Sent from my CandyKat HTC One M8
    Thanks a lot for this!

Any chance of getting Capt's unofficial TWRP 2.7.0.7 added?

http://themikmik.com/showthread.php?16278-SPRINT-RECOVERY-TWRP-Recovery-(UNOFFICIAL)-v2-7-0-7

Thanks man!
    ya ill add it in
    Minor Update Released Check op for change log ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk