Playing videos from dropbox

Search This thread

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
All I have found is older threads on the subject.

Currently running TeamVenom Viper 1.60 ROM.
Out of the box, the phone still has the issue.
Which is...

Difficulty playing videos on drop box that camera uploaded.
They will open the player and start to stream but won't playback like they should.
No problems doing this (over wifi or LTE) on iOS 7.1.1 or 4.4 KK on other devices.
Plenty of speed both on wifi and LTE so that's not the problem.

Any solution to this?
I've tried a variety of video players but all have the same issue.

BrianBaker

Dec 15, 2009
Apopka FL
All I have found is older threads on the subject.

Currently running TeamVenom Viper 1.60 ROM.
Out of the box, the phone still has the issue.
Which is...

Difficulty playing videos on drop box that camera uploaded.
They will open the player and start to stream but won't playback like they should.
No problems doing this (over wifi or LTE) on iOS 7.1.1 or 4.4 KK on other devices.
Plenty of speed both on wifi and LTE so that's not the problem.

Any solution to this?
I've tried a variety of video players but all have the same issue.
Try downloading MX player from the market https://play.google.com/store/search?q=mx player&hl=en
and choosing that as the default player when playing videos from drop box

Update 2:-FYI drop box videos that were uploaded from my phone play fine for me in drop box

Update 3 lol: smaller videos play fine for me such as Zoes but i just tried playing a little larger video file and i got a connection timed out to server..

Update 4: Ive played 6 other videos in my drop box camera uploaded folder some over 1 gig some around 250mb and some around 650mb and they played for me..They are .mp4 video files

Last edited:

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
Try downloading MX player from the market https://play.google.com/store/search?q=mx player&hl=en
and choosing that as the default player when playing videos from drop box

Update 2:-FYI drop box videos that were uploaded from my phone play fine for me in drop box

Update 3 lol: smaller videos play fine for me such as Zoes but i just tried playing a little larger video file and i got a connection timed out to server..

Update 4: Ive played 6 other videos in my drop box camera uploaded folder some over 1 gig some around 250mb and some around 650mb and they played for me..They are .mp4 video files

Thanks, tried that player a while ago.
Same issue.

Really weird because S4/S5 devices, both stock and rooted, don't have this issue.

BrianBaker

Dec 15, 2009
Apopka FL
Yeah,besides that one time of a connection time out to server I've been able to view videos from drop box on my Stock M8

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cpufrost

Feb 26, 2012
Big Country
Sorry to necro an older thread, but found out something of interest over the holiday weekend...

I believe this may be a Sense related issue.

I have a Note 3 that plays back videos on dropbox without an issue at all. Typically takes a few seconds, sometimes even less to start playing with no pausing, etc. It's a T-Mobile unlocked to ATT and is running Jovy's Darthstalker V7.

On a stock M8 as well as custom rom (Team Venom which is pretty much the best rom for this device) has the issue unfortunately.