[Q] Is the new Kitkat Update for the Optimus G (e975) worth it?

Search This thread

Agentkwik

Nov 1, 2013
Greetings fellow users. I see that the new 4.4.2 update for the Optimus G has been released for the E975 variant (v20a).

My question is very simple. Before trying on this update which I cannot turn back (since I don't want to flash anything anymore)

I must know whether or not this update is really better than the 4.1.2 version of this phone.

Also if there are any bugs that you've observed, please do include them to your responses. Thank you and God bless :eek:

flawlessking

Jan 29, 2009
cons.....
1. lagging ui and app drawer!!!!! my lgog was lag free on jb
2. slow touch response, i can feel the difference, specially on keyboard, on jb it was way quiker
3. keyboard is slow...switching between numbers and alphabets is not that quick, back space is headache
4. notification led not working for whtsapp, facebook etc
5. dewdrop animation is buggy
6. lock button doesnt work somtime, needs double press to unlock
7. sometimes holding the power button to turn off the phone doesnt bring the menu, gets lock and its damn frustrating
8. vibration when the other person picks the phone isnt working even if u have the option turned on
9. themes, live wallpapers all missing
10. battery acts weird, when phone is restarted it drops upto like 5-10%
11. accuracy of touch screen has been degraded
pros......
1. definitely camera is better, focus issues got solved
2. i can see a little improvement in the battery department, not much noticeable though

technomedico

Jun 9, 2013
New Delhi
digipassion.com
Its not worth it dear!

I updated my Optimus G (E975) and after two days of this all I have to say is that the firmware is pretty buggy as of now. I would say that you should wait for some time (say for another week), may be LG will upload a bug-fix version of the firmware soon.

Agentkwik

Nov 1, 2013
Thanks for the answers guys! Really appreciate it. And it's just sad that after this very long wait we get a buggy update from lg :(
By the way, is there anyone who has already update their Optimus G to the v20B or higher?
If there are, then can you share your experiences with it? :D

BartxGamer

Nov 15, 2012
Eden
Thanks for the answers guys! Really appreciate it. And it's just sad that after this very long wait we get a buggy update from lg :(
By the way, is there anyone who has already update their Optimus G to the v20B or higher?
If there are, then can you share your experiences with it? :D

Yeees, its very buggy. I used android 4.4 on LG OG. And it hasnt got any bugs. I haven't noticed even one. Im on F180k, maybe this is d difference.

Galileo

Aug 13, 2010
Yeees, its very buggy. I used android 4.4 on LG OG. And it hasnt got any bugs. I haven't noticed even one. Im on F180k, maybe this is d difference.

Maybe because the F180 update has been here for a while longer, it has already recieved a few minor updates, aka bugfixes. The other version should be recieving them soon enough.

Agentkwik

Nov 1, 2013
Maybe because the F180 update has been here for a while longer, it has already recieved a few minor updates, aka bugfixes. The other version should be recieving them soon enough.

True, true... I just hope it would be fixed quicker. And thanks for the comments guys. Will be needing more news on this update when it would be stable for the e975 :D