Best AOSP solution (so far)

Search This thread

Div033

Aug 17, 2010
Have all of the issues and glitches (speaker phone, etc) with the all AOSP roms been fixed? I assume the dual camera will not work.

Thanks

Speakerphone has been fixed. Bad audio quality is the only outstanding issue I believe. You can partially fix it by using a combination of audio mods.

You are correct; duo camera effects won't work on AOSP.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

hecksagon

Dec 15, 2010
Freeport, IL
Anybody have a link for a GPE Rom that has the sense camera? I have limited bandwidth and every one I downloaded has the Google camera.

Apr 1, 2014
Anybody have a link for a GPE Rom that has the sense camera? I have limited bandwidth and every one I downloaded has the Google camera.

If you're looking for the ability to do the duo effects and such, any of the GPE roms should work, even if they have the Google camera app. All you need to do is open the photo and edit it with HTC photo edit.

buckmarble

Sep 18, 2010
Michigan

There aren't any gpe or aosp Roms with the sense cam. Best alternative camera I have found for gpe and aosp is called snap camera. Its constantly updated and the viewer actually fills the whole screen unlike google cam and others. And yes the duo effects work with it. You just have to open the picture through google cam to access the HTC photo editor to make the edits.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

hecksagon

Dec 15, 2010
Freeport, IL
If you're looking for the ability to do the duo effects and such, any of the GPE roms should work, even if they have the Google camera app. All you need to do is open the photo and edit it with HTC photo edit.

Really I am concerned about the photo quality. All of the AOSP roms I've used so far have pretty awful image quality. I assumed it was because there are parts in the Sense framework that make a difference in that regard. So I may have mistakenly assumed that if the ROM didn't have the Sense camera, the image quality would be bad. I will have to go back and try some of the GPE ROMS I have already downloaded and actually take some pictures with them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'd like to discuss and compare the different AOSP solutions currently available. From what I can see, GPE is the only AOSP rom with a fully functional camera (dual lens) and other HTC features (dot view). However, GPE has the roaming issue (which is somewhat minor, but I'm really OCD about having my roms be 100% stable if I'm going to put all the work into making my daily driver).

I know there are LiquidSmooth, Vanir, CM etc... but from what I can gather these do not have a fully functional camera (dual lens) and are missing some fundamental things or are not completely stable (encryption? other minor issues).

Is there a fully operational, bulletproof daily driver setup as AOSP? I use my phone for both work and personal use. I have a lot of mission-critical things I do for work (remote meetings, etc), so little nitpicky things like "no data while on call" are really not acceptable.

For now, I am using CleanROM and it is amazing/stable and I am very happy with it. However, I am always going to be an AOSP lover and would like to return to using it as my daily driver.

I realize all of this info is out there, but it would be nice to have an ongoing discussion about different people's experiences and maybe give me enough confidence to go all-in on one of the AOSP options available.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Also, if there are any other threads that have a similar discussion please link, I could not find any. THANKS!!!!:)
    Well LiquidSmooth squashed the encryption bug and most others. I'm not sure the fault in LiquidSmooth except it won't use the dual lens. But it never will and I personally could care less. It's gimmicky at best. GPE is the best bet for you. The roaming thing is fixed in that it no longer shows the R. I can't find a flaw in GPE.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app