[Q] about s2e, darktremor, ungaze, link2sd, etc.

Search This thread

wtfshouldidonow

Dec 21, 2011
Quezon City
i know that we should all try out which seems to be best fitting for our own personal taste, but i just want to know if who uses what the most. so please, tell me: which rom you use and what you use to transfer apps to your partition because i have tried a lot of other scripts and apps, but i just can't seem to decide which is the best. thanks in advance if you would cooperate :D

Kaustubh_93

Jul 30, 2011
I am on cm7.2RC5.2 and use 'link2sd' for linking apps to sd.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda premium

galaxy mini

Dec 21, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I have use s2e and darktremor both are good and working but i think darktremor is the better choise!! Havent try the both other!!
Notice: on s2e app do not sync automatic like weather etc. on darktremor no problem!!

motorazrv3

Dec 30, 2011
Ruhrpott
I use cm7.2 rc5.5 with latest link2sd.
Works flawless.
Used link2sd also on other roms. No problems there to.

dheeraj (dhlalit11)

Sep 30, 2011
fatehabad (hry)
i know that we should all try out which seems to be best fitting for our own personal taste, but i just want to know if who uses what the most. so please, tell me: which rom you use and what you use to transfer apps to your partition because i have tried a lot of other scripts and apps, but i just can't seem to decide which is the best. thanks in advance if you would cooperate :D
when i was on mini i used link2sd because it lets me choose which app to move and which to not

wtfshouldidonow

Dec 21, 2011
Quezon City
I see most of you use link2sd. But for those who use s2e, have you already experienced a time when you boot your sgm, you suddenly lose all your apps and you can't check or uncheck the Applications box?

kitrax59

Dec 11, 2011
I see most of you use link2sd. But for those who use s2e, have you already experienced a time when you boot your sgm, you suddenly lose all your apps and you can't check or uncheck the Applications box?

Did not experience this problem. Been using s2e for a long time. You can check the Application data by going to s2e settings and check Advance mode. Restart s2e, and you should be able to check it. But I think its impratical to move it to sd-ext. The developer had it default to not move it. I mean, what's the use of your internal memry if nothing's on it? ;) Afaik, the developer chose not to move it since it needs a high I/O speed and internal mem best suits the requirement. It's only practical to move it if you have a class 10 sd card.. :D still its the users choice, so..

Sent from my GT-S5570 using XDA App

motorazrv3

Dec 30, 2011
Ruhrpott
A sd card class 10 certified is a must if you don't want to loose so much speed compared to internal memory.
Although reading speed is not that prob for many card, writing is the more important factor. There class 10 should give you best results.
You can also gain more speed setting a higher sd read ahead cache size. You can do it via an app (sd speed increase for example) or a rom which supports it (cm7 rc5.5 squadzone for example).

galaxy mini

Dec 21, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Redmi Note 10 Pro
A sd card class 10 certified is a must if you don't want to loose so much speed compared to internal memory.
Although reading speed is not that prob for many card, writing is the more important factor. There class 10 should give you best results.
You can also gain more speed setting a higher sd read ahead cache size. You can do it via an app (sd speed increase for example) or a rom which supports it (cm7 rc5.5 squadzone for example).

;-)) a good class 10 card coast almost as much as the mini ;-))
Class 6 or 8 is much enough i think for a low price android phone!!

AzhMan

Feb 26, 2012
Use s2e

I use emanon V4 and i have try both of darktremor n s2e..maybe darktremor is better than s2e but i like to use s2e :D:D

chemicalrage

Oct 17, 2011
Its not just you who experienced s2e corrupting the partition and destroying all partition data suddenly. It happened to me thrice and got me pissed like ****. Now I removed partition, formatted my 8 GB memory card. Flashed cm7 by subskype. Using the default cyanogen settings options to set default installation directory to external memory i.e memory card. Am done with this partition crap.

wtfshouldidonow

Dec 21, 2011
Quezon City
To everyone, thanks a lot for cooperating. I think I'd try s2e, link2sd, darktremor, and the move to sd card settings in cyanogenmod each in a week. Then I'll see which one I think is best. :D