[3.0 & +] Battery Test app (For audio, video, Internet).

Search This thread

jacksparao

May 4, 2012
India
appzinventors.wordpress.com
My First Android application.

This utility tool is used to measure the battery data and statistics on an Android device with respect to Video & Audio playback and Browsing the internet.

The test runs until the battery reaches 15% charge at which point the test is considered complete and the results are displayed.
Just click the link below to go to Google Play Store to download the app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.battery.utility

I request all the users to review and rate the application, you can send mail to nidlpvtltd@gmail.com in-case if you found any issue or If want to add any new features.

Enjoy

Please Don't Forget to Click THANKS Button.

Jacksparao.

Last edited:

Ok_Kaleidoscope5109

Dec 29, 2009
WTF dude. I was just going to post to ask for an app like this and you answered.

Maybe your app will be the king of all apps, but will this be similar to say how review sites like GSMArena or Anandtech, etc. run video/audio/browser looping tests?

I think it'd be nice to be able to run one of these tests.

jacksparao

May 4, 2012
India
appzinventors.wordpress.com
Thanks

WTF dude. I was just going to post to ask for an app like this and you answered.

Maybe your app will be the king of all apps, but will this be similar to say how review sites like GSMArena or Anandtech, etc. run
video/audio/browser looping tests?

I think it'd be nice to be able to run one of these tests.

I'm looking forward you're testing review in play store... Please advice me in-case if I want to add features...

Ok_Kaleidoscope5109

Dec 29, 2009

I'm looking forward you're testing review in play store... Please advice me in-case if I want to add features...

Some thoughts:
- User adjustable webpage loading intervals? I know AnandTech had to tweak this setting from their initial tests to their post iPhone 5 tests. It gave very different results when comparing LTE and 3G battery life.
- I know before starting the webpage loading interval, it shows the brightness for my screen. Say 1/225. Can we adjust that in app perhaps? The slider bar in AOSP Android isn't very useful IMO so I can't set 100/225 easily for example.

SammiSaysHello

XDA Portal Team
Sep 3, 2012
Australia
I'm really interested in this app, but every time I try to start a test, the app force closes :(
I have an xperia arc s with android 4.0.4 if this helps :)

Jamin_1

Aug 17, 2010
Benz Town
Thanks for the great looking app. Can not wait to test it. Can't download it right now cause of it's size. Why is it 118 MB big?

ruadus

Jun 9, 2012
Hi,

Sound interesting, I look a lot to my battery stat using the stock settings but your app is more then welcome.

By my understanding there is a video with app which make it 118mb, maybe you can just put a link to the video on the playstore page. 118mg is somehow discouraging to download for a battery stat app :eek:

Thanks

esigolo

Feb 23, 2012
São Paulo
Gostei da ferramente
Very good tool
i'm testing it

I've translated the description of the tool on google play to Portuguese Br.
If you want feel free to use it ( was not made on google translator)

This Utility tool is used to measure the battery statistics on an Android device with respect to Video & Audio playback and Browsing the internet.
The test runs until the battery charge reaches 15% at which point the test is considered complete and the results are displayed.
With this app, you can approximate the battery usage of an audio file with a specific bitrate or a video file with a particular resolution and see the battery consumption rate/minute. You can also check the battery consumption rate with 10 standard url's with the browser test.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE FEATURES IN THIS APPLICATION OR HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE COMMENT OR MAIL

Esta ferramenta é utilizada para medir as statisticas de bateria em um dispositivo Android em relação a reprodução de Video & Audio e navegar na internet.
O teste roda até que sua bateria atinja 15% de capacidade e nesse ponto o teste é considerado finalizado e os resultados mostrados.
Com esse aplicativo, você pode aproximar o uso de bateria de um arquivo de áudio com um bitrate especifico ou um arquivo de vídeo com uma resolução em particular e ver o consumo de bateria porcentagem/minuto.
Você também pode verificar o consumo de bateria em 10 url’s com teste via navegador

Last edited:

nikhilpatil

Aug 2, 2012
Dude! I stopped before downloading Sorry.With all due respect, 118MB is unacceptable from an end user perspective! As others have already mentioned, provide a link to the videos or find out SOME way to address the size issue. It's practically preventing a number of users like me from using your app! :-/

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
Why not make the video playback tests optional, and require an addon to actually test (around ~100MB, and holds the video files)?
That way people won't complain about the size.

Night5talker

Jun 13, 2011
this isnt for mdpi my deire just stuck with progress bar and necer remove(after install) and these sliders are way small with spacing between to i move both sliders at same time and for 118MB i should at least see video

edit: alarm totaly destroy test, ps is test ever finish alone?

Last edited:

PMOttawa

Oct 17, 2012
Ottawa
This is one of the most genuinely useful apps I've gotten recently

I've been wondering for two years what drains my battery they way it does. Other monitoring apps gave me some information, but it never seemed to be enlightening. And now I know.... it's everything. Boy my battery sucks (power).

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My First Android application.

This utility tool is used to measure the battery data and statistics on an Android device with respect to Video & Audio playback and Browsing the internet.

The test runs until the battery reaches 15% charge at which point the test is considered complete and the results are displayed.
    Just click the link below to go to Google Play Store to download the app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.battery.utility

I request all the users to review and rate the application, you can send mail to nidlpvtltd@gmail.com in-case if you found any issue or If want to add any new features.

Enjoy

Please Don't Forget to Click THANKS Button.

Jacksparao.
    Thanks for the great looking app. Can not wait to test it. Can't download it right now cause of it's size. Why is it 118 MB big?
    The app comes with 1080 and 720 p videos for testing :)
    Will give it a try!

Enviado de meu LT22i usando o Tapatalk 2
    so...looks like this is no longer on Google Play store. any idea if it is going to be released anywhere else? or is it officially dead?
    true...

The app will be available soon.....

We are making one app which will be keymaker app for battery.