~Retred~ [KITCHEN|6.1 OEM|6.5 OEM|Guide] [Joshkoss Kitchen port for Rhodium]

Search This thread

joshkoss

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 31, 2007
CT, USA
Hey guys,

THANKS for the tools and kitchen components:
Abusalza,TPC,Zelendel,DA_G,Medkid,Phamquang,Tom_Condon,BEPE,Evirus,UDK,Olipro..

I don't have a rhodium myself but recently was contacted by two close friends that are familier with my works in kaiser, hermes, and now fuze.

Basically Long story short, They asked if it was possible for me to port my kitchen over to Rhodium.. Too which i have!!

It has taken hours and is now complete!!

It contains, SYS,XIP,and OEM from latest Rhodium. But in toolset folder you will find oemxip if you feel like upgrading to the latest 6.5 :)

also on the next post i plan on detailing how i did this manually :eek::rolleyes:
trust me it was painstaking and needs to be documented.

Peace,
Josh

Rhodium Kitchen 6.1_OEM HERE 09|03|09

Rhodium Kitchen 6.5_OEM Grab it HERE 10|18|09

Last edited:

joshkoss

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 31, 2007
CT, USA
Rom Basics "well sorta"

To dump a OEM rom:
1: Download the oem rom.
2 Extract the ruu.nbh out of the .exe file it comes in using 7zip
3: open nbhutil.exe and extract the os.nb out of the ruu.nbh
4 drag the os.nb onto DumpTools\imgfs tools\dump_800.bat
5 drag new imgfs folder onto DumpTools\Packagebuilder.exe "this will create your basic file structure"
6 Drag os.nb.payload onto the DumpTools\Dump xip\dumpxip.bat "this will dump xip section of the rom"
7 in xip folder now drag each dsm file onto the DumpTools\Packagebuilder.exe "this will create your new xip folder structure"
8 to create your ext packages you will need to go through the newly dumped oem folder and pick packages you want and drag then onto the DumpTools\EXT_PAckages_rebuilder.exe "evirus Thanks"

To edit shortcuts in the rom:
1 open oem\oem_lang_0409\initflash.dat with notepad and edit paths as you want.
2 in each ext package you will find app.dat, open these with notepad and edit.
3 in oem packages you will find initflash.txt, open these with notepad and edit.

To create a ext package from a cab:
1 drag the target .cab file onto the DumpTools\cab2oem.exe and this will create a oem package.
2 drag the new oem package onto DumpTools\EXT_PAckages_rebuilder.exe, this will create your new ext package.
3 now you can place your new ext package in the Kitch_Rhode\ext\all\*.* for it to be in the rom.

To change your name on the flashing screen:
1 open Kitch_Rhodium\Tools\Rhode.htcproj in notepad and edit your rom name in.

How to make kitchen compatible for 6.5:
1 edit build_rom.bat
2 on this link : set OLDKERNEL=1
3 remove the 1 so it looks like this: set OLDKERNEL=
now you can use real nk.exe for 6.5
4 in toolset2 folder you will find oemxipkernal for 6.5 you will need to copy this into your rom\xip folder "delete the one in there currently" NOW you can **** a decent 6.5 rom :)

**more to come**

Attachments

• DumpTools.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 938
Last edited:

quarintus

Apr 11, 2007
Hey Josh, good to see you on the TP2 forums! Your Hermes Roms are the best. But there are a lot of good ROM developers here too :)

Hope you will develop some ROMS for the TP2. You can ofcourse ask for donation to buy one ;) there a probably many users who will support you ;)

Regards,

lorgem

Jun 18, 2007
Hi Joss,

Welcome to Rhodium :D

I'm a fun of your ROM's from Hermes to Tytn2.

I'll wait for your NEW ROM. Thanks in Advance :)

joshkoss

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 31, 2007
CT, USA
Heyyyy guys!! Thanks for the support.. my test rom boots! So on post 1 you will find the kitchen as promised.

I hope to begin porting 6.5 shortly and get a 6.5 kitchen up.. also i'll try and answer questions and detail more instructions on post 2.

b16b

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2008
Athens
Heyyyy guys!! Thanks for the support.. my test rom boots! So on post 1 you will find the kitchen as promised.

I hope to begin porting 6.5 shortly and get a 6.5 kitchen up.. also i'll try and answer questions and detail more instructions on post 2.

thanks for great work..

i want something else from you

i think must add a line if you using real nk from 6.5

can you create a second bat or a number choice with that line?

joshkoss

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 31, 2007
CT, USA
thanks for great work..

i want something else from you

i think must add a line if you using real nk from 6.5

can you create a second bat or a number choice with that line?
to use real nk.exe for 6.5 you can edit build_rom.bat

on this link :
set OLDKERNEL=1
remove the 1 so it looks like this
set OLDKERNEL=

now you can use real nk.exe for 6.5 :)

Hi Josh,

Great to see you here too. Looks like the chef's competition will be hard on the TP2.

cheers
heyyy man, thanks... Nice to see you here. I don't own a rhodium so i can't compete :) Just trying to contribute and help for rhodium peoples.

mcfisch

Thx for the kitchen. I tried to cook a 23409 ROM, but after flashing the TP2 stops at bootscreen (the one with all the red version information) :confused:

I replaced the 409 and the OEM part with the ones from the 0407-Lang-File from here and the OEM from a dump of my german TP2.

I followed your instructions at the 2nd post here.

Does anyone have any ideas what goes wrong?

PS: maybe let the kitchen creating a logfile could be a good idea ;)

joshkoss

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 31, 2007
CT, USA
Thx for the kitchen. I tried to cook a 23409 ROM, but after flashing the TP2 stops at bootscreen (the one with all the red version information) :confused:

I replaced the 409 and the OEM part with the ones from the 0407-Lang-File from here and the OEM from a dump of my german TP2.

I followed your instructions at the 2nd post here.

Does anyone have any ideas what goes wrong?

PS: maybe let the kitchen creating a logfile could be a good idea ;)
stopped at splash screen could be missing wincles module.. or corrupt xip.. did you replace xip for that also...
for 6.5 replace oemxip in rom folder with the one in toolset2 folder then use the new msxipkernal from dag :)
Good idea on the log file.. i'll look into that.
edit: I'm going to create a separate 6.5 kitchen for you guys and i'll put it on post 1 for you this evening.

Last edited:

mcfisch

Ok, got it working with your oemxipkernel. My own didn't work, don't know why. Now it boots, but with the start of every exe-file which does not com from MS or HTC i get a question if i really want to start it. My sdkcerts and policies from xperia seems to don't work. Will wait now for your 6.5-kitchen ;)