Chromecast wish list

Search This thread

revdirty

May 6, 2011
So I just got my cc a few days ago and am loving it.. Having sunk money into plexpass membership I'm happy with everything so far but there are 2 things I'd like to see added..
1) local PC gameplay casting. I tried casting the full desktop and playing a game in windowed mode and I could see the game but the frame rate was terrible. Surely if casting was buildt into something like open broadcast software or nvidias showplay . that would be ideal for spectator purposes as there are times my girlfriend likes to watch me play games but doesn't want to sit at the computer to do so. I know twitch is coming but It doesnt need it to be streamed out to twitch to be casted back into my house..

2) the ability to cast video from various sources ( hulu,Netflix and plex) but keep audio playing locally. Something akin to what the roku 3 does with their remote. But also adding a party mode example ( me and gf watch same show using our headphones plugged into our phones so we doesn't wake our children with loud movies.

I'm not sure if either features are coming but it would be awesome.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
1) Non-Android twitch isn't coming unless Google does something miraculous.
Would be awesome to see Nvidia jump on board and support ShadowPlay casting to Chromecast though.

2) Chromecast's platform (I believe) is capable of Bluetooth, but I don't think it's turned on. It's possible Google will add it. The tricky part is just syncing the audio and video since the Bluetooth audio is delayed. Well, that and little things like whether all the code fits in the available storage, heh. The Roku remote with audio is a pretty darn cool feature. Since our phones/tablets are our remotes, it would be awesome to have the option for streaming audio there. We'll see...

sherdog16

Feb 9, 2012
My number one is to be able to download my google purchases locally and stream them through my network because my internet connection sucks but my network can easily handle HD streams locally. This would keep me off the torrents for good...

Paqueo

Apr 25, 2011
Would kill for MLB at bat app to stream on chromecast. It crashes for me on two different phones using mhl cables... :-/

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Good luck greg. I need it to see the Tigers....The cables ar about as reliable as an M16 in the mud.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

Last edited:

aburns7487

Mar 14, 2011
just a heads up, MLB At Bat 2014 now had chromecast support......just stumbled on it tonight, myself.