• porcupineplatypus

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

j3nn

Feb 21, 2014
Greetings Zooper Deities!

I am still new to andoid in general and Zooper in specific. Widget making is awesome, I am completely in love with the possibilities! I'm just wondering if one of those possibilities is to have dual Zooper music player widgets positioned at the same time. Specifically, I want to make a player for my audible books (sacrificing the 30-second "go back" feature and the sleep timer) and one for my music player (Google PlayMusic for now, until my Rocket Player is supported).

I don't want to go to all the trouble to design a pair of widgets that can't be used together... and I honestly don't even want a homepage for audio playing if it can't control both. The way I have it now is using the proprietary widgets from Rocket Player and Audible, but they are mismatched and ugly and make me sad. :crying:

So, am I still asking too much, or is this a doable goal?

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
Probably the Zooper Forums
Greetings Zooper Deities!

I am still new to andoid in general and Zooper in specific. Widget making is awesome, I am completely in love with the possibilities! I'm just wondering if one of those possibilities is to have dual Zooper music player widgets positioned at the same time. Specifically, I want to make a player for my audible books (sacrificing the 30-second "go back" feature and the sleep timer) and one for my music player (Google PlayMusic for now, until my Rocket Player is supported).

I don't want to go to all the trouble to design a pair of widgets that can't be used together... and I honestly don't even want a homepage for audio playing if it can't control both. The way I have it now is using the proprietary widgets from Rocket Player and Audible, but they are mismatched and ugly and make me sad. :crying:

So, am I still asking too much, or is this a doable goal?

Just to clarify this: do you want to have separate widgets for different media players or do you want one to rule them all? The first is not possible to do with Zooper because you can't specify which music app should be controlled. The later should be possible, though I've never used Audible and thus I'm not sure if Media Utilities(MU) fully supports it.

P.S.: deities? love that :D

j3nn

Feb 21, 2014
I use the audible app to download and control my audio books. They offer a widget that works pretty well, but is ugly as sin.

I want to be able to switch on-the-fly from listening to my audiobook to listening to music. I can do that with the proprietary widgets, seamlessly: pressing play on one pauses the other and starts up where it left off. It needn't be *that* complex, I'm capable of pressing pause and then play myself. So, short answer long, I do indeed want two players.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app