Ringtone plays when phone is connected to charger port

Search This thread

sarvanan84

Jun 11, 2013
Chennai
When i connect my phone to a charging port or while disconnecting from the charging port i am getting ringtone played so pls help me out in getting rid of it.

cntryby429

Aug 27, 2013
Washington D.C.
That's reassuring, it's not just me. It began a few days ago shortly after installing a new xposed module, minminguard. Probably a red herring though. I'm about to clean install viper 1.8 which I have been running without issue for something like a month until now.

Crooke356

Jun 30, 2011
Indianapolis
I'm worried it's s hardware issue. I've restored, wiped, flashed.. All of it. Still happening. There was a guy in my G+ community who had this problem. Had to have it replaced or repaired. I can't remember which.

cntryby429

Aug 27, 2013
Washington D.C.
SOLUTION!?!
FYI folks, as I mentioned this seemed to start for me around the time I installed a new exposed module. However, I noticed that the GravityBox (KK) module was just updated on the 19th and again on the 20th with the following improvement (for the 20th version):

- Fixed battery/charging events sounds playing even if no sounds are set
--- known to happen on Samsung and other "unsupported" devices

In retrospect, I probably saw that I had updates available as I was installing my new module (which is why it seemed to show up at the same time) and updated to the problematic version. With 2 minutes of testing updating GravityBox (KK) seems to have solved the issue but I'll keep an eye out for a day or two.

Reactions: Crooke356

Crooke356

Jun 30, 2011
Indianapolis
SOLUTION!?!
FYI folks, as I mentioned this seemed to start for me around the time I installed a new exposed module. However, I noticed that the GravityBox (KK) module was just updated on the 19th and again on the 20th with the following improvement (for the 20th version):

In retrospect, I probably saw that I had updates available as I was installing my new module (which is why it seemed to show up at the same time) and updated to the problematic version. With 2 minutes of testing updating GravityBox (KK) seems to have solved the issue but I'll keep an eye out for a day or two.

I have to thank you for posting this. I was about to contact HTC today. Thank you.

I plugged it in while looking at the update and as usual, it began to ring, like always. It never fails. After the update and reboot, not once. I feel confident this is indeed the cause and fix.

Edit: it irritates me I didn't catch this. By now, I know to check Xposed before jumping to conclusions.

Last edited:

cntryby429

Aug 27, 2013
Washington D.C.
You're welcome. I'm happy feeling like I've finally contributed to this community even if it helped just 1 person. BTW, Your mention of the word "hardware" the other day raised my blood pressure a little.

Crooke356

Jun 30, 2011
Indianapolis
You're welcome. I'm happy feeling like I've finally contributed to this community even if it helped just 1 person. BTW, Your mention of the word "hardware" the other day raised my blood pressure a little.

Lol, I've no doubt. I think I jumped to that conclusion so quickly because of the guy that I had been taking to on my G+ community. He described the same problem. After he went through the proper steps, his was found to be hardware. Instead of doing the same, I assumed. Wrong thing to do. I shouldn't have restored so quickly. One thing at a time. I know better lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SOLUTION!?!