Hisense Sero 7 Pro General Questions Thread

Search This thread

MrSimmonsSr

Jul 24, 2008
I've never seen a tool to make it brighter.. Only dimmer, like "Screen Filter"..

Sent from my K007 using Tapatalk

hickoryboyz

Feb 7, 2015
Sero 7 Pro stuck at SMART screen

I've talked to Hisense support and they suggested a factory reset, which I did several times to no avail. I've never rooted any phone. This tablet will not boot past the SMART screen. I can get into the factory reset/RECOVERY screen. I have the tablet and an 8gb microSD card at my disposal to try to get this thing going again. I'd like to take it back to out-of-the-box/factory OS/ROM, but I really am not sure where to start. I've read through some of the posts, but most of them mention going into the Settings and turning on Development/Debugging. Mine will not boot, so I can't go there (although it may have been turned on before it booted). I'm not at all opposed to putting some other "standard" ROM on it. It belongs to my wife and she uses it for the typical stuff - browsing, email, Pinterest, FB, Instagram, text messaging, etc. When I power it on and connect it to my computer via USB, it installs "MTP USB Device" in device manager. Not sure if that is helpful or not?

Where do I start?

Thanks in advance to any replies/help.

Posted first here - http://xdaforums.com/general/xda-as...art-screen-t3024628/post58698811#post58698811

jerbear294

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 9, 2013
Google Pixel 4a
I've talked to Hisense support and they suggested a factory reset, which I did several times to no avail. I've never rooted any phone. This tablet will not boot past the SMART screen. I can get into the factory reset/RECOVERY screen. I have the tablet and an 8gb microSD card at my disposal to try to get this thing going again. I'd like to take it back to out-of-the-box/factory OS/ROM, but I really am not sure where to start. I've read through some of the posts, but most of them mention going into the Settings and turning on Development/Debugging. Mine will not boot, so I can't go there (although it may have been turned on before it booted). I'm not at all opposed to putting some other "standard" ROM on it. It belongs to my wife and she uses it for the typical stuff - browsing, email, Pinterest, FB, Instagram, text messaging, etc. When I power it on and connect it to my computer via USB, it installs "MTP USB Device" in device manager. Not sure if that is helpful or not?

Where do I start?

Thanks in advance to any replies/help.

Posted first here - http://xdaforums.com/general/xda-as...art-screen-t3024628/post58698811#post58698811
I was in a similar boat when my Sero screen cracked and I was trying to get all my data off of it. I discovered that there is a ClockWorkMod flashable package that can enable USB Debugging. It might be what you need.

hickoryboyz

Feb 7, 2015
I was in a similar boat when my Sero screen cracked and I was trying to get all my data off of it. I discovered that there is a ClockWorkMod flashable package that can enable USB Debugging. It might be what you need.

Thanks for the response. My issue is I'm not sure where to even start? USB debugging may be enabled already. Is there a beginners guide for doing what I'm trying to do? Load a ROM from USB for a device that doesn't boot.

mpatrickjr

Jun 22, 2012
CWM Sideload

Google "ADB Sideload". Certain versions of Recovery allow sideloading and install of ROMS directly from your PC. If your Recovery works (hold Vol Down then Power On until Recovery boots).

If Recovery doesn't allow sideloading, then you can resort to Fastboot. Google "Fastboot" and read the Cyanogenmod wiki to see how it works.
On the Sero, do Vol Up, then hold Power On until Fastboot appears.

Last edited:

danknasty

Nov 6, 2014
So I just got one of these for a fairly good deal figured id try it out I wasn't expecting much but I would say I'm a little underimpressed with this.. I thought I would atleast be able to do basic things seamlessly like check email but it lags at every opportunity did i get a bad one? I am running the aosp latest jellybean rom. I plan to try something different a bit later but I thought this thing would atleast be as fast as my iphone 5... Am I asking for too much?

jerbear294

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 9, 2013
Google Pixel 4a
So I just got one of these for a fairly good deal figured id try it out I wasn't expecting much but I would say I'm a little underimpressed with this.. I thought I would atleast be able to do basic things seamlessly like check email but it lags at every opportunity did i get a bad one? I am running the aosp latest jellybean rom. I plan to try something different a bit later but I thought this thing would atleast be as fast as my iphone 5... Am I asking for too much?
The Tegra 3 chip is starting to age. Back in 2013 this thing was no joke, but now it's starting to fall behind.
What you could try is flashing the AOSP Lollipop 5.1 ROM. Supposedly it's buttery smooth but I haven't tested it since my Sero broke back in October.

danknasty

Nov 6, 2014
The Tegra 3 chip is starting to age. Back in 2013 this thing was no joke, but now it's starting to fall behind.
What you could try is flashing the AOSP Lollipop 5.1 ROM. Supposedly it's buttery smooth but I haven't tested it since my Sero broke back in October.

Sorry I meant to say I am using lollipop I get all these friggin candy names confused .. Lol. Anyway a slight update I downgraded to a different rom on Kitkat and so far it's much better I'll see how this goes.

boonesmi

Jan 9, 2014
Sorry I meant to say I am using lollipop I get all these friggin candy names confused .. Lol. Anyway a slight update I downgraded to a different rom on Kitkat and so far it's much better I'll see how this goes.

i hope it changes with time, but so far im not impressed with lollipop on the sero... i get much better performance with kitkat.

origitat

Jan 20, 2015
New Orleans
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
My SD card sporadically gets inaccessible. I have to reinsert it or reboot the tablet. Unmounting doesn't help.
Mine's a refurb, so that might be the cause.

Well it isn't that, the SD card is recognized in Storage but normally when you go to the Apps section you can click on an app and there is an option 'Move App to SD card' That option is gone on this rom. Is that something to do with Android version 4.4.4?

danknasty

Nov 6, 2014
What is the best way to restore this tablet to factory again after rooting and installing custom philz touch recovery? I am back to stock firmware but I still have that philz touch recovery and althought super su isn't in the apps anymore I'm assuming its still rooted.

bazmas

Apr 18, 2015
Help needed

I took the plunge and decided to upgrade my sero 7 pro to android 4.4 following philz guide. In Step 3, I have formatted ok and then proceeded to install the ROM, when I select install zip and select from /storage/sdcard1 then select sero7pro-aosp444-dopa-v2, nothing happens and I get a message at the bottom of the screen saying "no files found" but they are on the SD card. Has anyone a solution to this problem. I have tried different SD cards. I am a newbee. Many thanks.

May 27, 2013
Kapolei, Hawaii
Well it isn't that, the SD card is recognized in Storage but normally when you go to the Apps section you can click on an app and there is an option 'Move App to SD card' That option is gone on this rom. Is that something to do with Android version 4.4.4?
Can anyone tell me? Does this ROM support installing apps to the SD card?

No. Google made the SD card almost useless with Kitkat. It's pretty much only for media storage. If you are rooted you can use something like Folder Mount to get some extra functionality from the card. There are a lot of things I like about Kitkat, but the SD card implementation is not one of them.

Prettygrim

Apr 8, 2012
latest stable rom for UK model Hisense sero7 Pro

hi all. i just came across my sero, which i haven't used for ages. i wanted to get the latest stable rom on it but am a bit confused as to which it is. could someone please point me to the one i should use? i looked at the 'Carbon' page, but didn't understand which i should download or, quite frankly, how's best to get it on to the tablet anyway. it would be helpful for my young nephew just for a few months if i can get it updated.

many TIA

bonjudy

Feb 27, 2011
hi all. i just came across my sero, which i haven't used for ages. i wanted to get the latest stable rom on it but am a bit confused as to which it is. could someone please point me to the one i should use? i looked at the 'Carbon' page, but didn't understand which i should download or, quite frankly, how's best to get it on to the tablet anyway. it would be helpful for my young nephew just for a few months if i can get it updated.

many TIA
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3226373

Use dopa from its great

Sent from my ASUS_Z00A using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i'm not quite sure what miui is based off of, but the nexus 7 port says "This is a port of MIUI V6 (kitkat) from the Nexus 7 2013 to our grouper. It is built on AOSPA 4.4.2"

Then it should work fine using dolorespark's AOSP trees I believe :)
    I'll attempt to port.

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    OK -- now that we have a thread for general questions, I'll go first.

Has anyone tried Ubuntu Touch on their Sero? There appears to be some very interesting features

If you look here I'm about to start development of Ubuntu Touch for the Sero 7. The Sero also meets the minimum requirements for the high-end version of it, meaning you can connect a keyboard, mouse, and external HDD to the Sero so it can double as a portable Ubuntu desktop computer. Who's up for some portable Android development? :D
    There are many different xposed modules that give you the reboot to recovery option and Gravity is just one of them. Advanced power menu is a geeat one. X Blast is another, and there are a few more but you have to be willing to install Xposed framework on your device.
    To be honest though, I have yet to see a custom rom that didn't have this feature already built into it.
    I hope this helps and the Hisense Sero 7 pro is one of my favorites among my tablets.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium HD app
    not really a question but I noticed newegg has the sero pro refurb for $49 a/r
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834738002
    wait no playstore.... hmmmm so how do i install apps lol
    are these the only ones i need??
    sero7pro-aosp601-dopa6-v1-bld3.zip - the ROM
    sero7pro-gapps-dopa6-v1-bld3.zip - a "nano" Gapps package compatible with this build

Those files will do it.

The GApps package will install Google Play.