[Q] USB icon upper left screen

Search This thread

Wildride432

Feb 18, 2012
question on how to make the upper left usb icon to appear on my phone when connecting usb cable to my computer it wont appear but it charges the phone battery need help i think my phone dont have a usb driver how am i going to install??? :(

lalitjsraks

Feb 22, 2012
india
check you have your phone drivers installed or not .

also check from your phone settings . which mode is enabled in usb conenctions .

Wildride432

Feb 18, 2012
My phone is sky vega xpress IM-A710K running gingerbread 2.3.4 kernel version 2.6.35.7-perf p11190@BS88 #1 Software version v3.17

Wildride432

Feb 18, 2012
i got drivers installed on my PC but i dunno in my phone and it is in USB debugging mode i got no USB setting on my phone... and how am i going to flash my phone when my PC doesn't detect it :(((

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
i got drivers installed on my PC but i dunno in my phone and it is in USB debugging mode i got no USB setting on my phone... and how am i going to flash my phone when my PC doesn't detect it :(((

Is the phone Rooted? What kind of phone is it? I'll assume it has an SD Card. If the phone is Rooted. Do you have a Custom Recovery installed? Such as Clowork Mod. You do not need USB to flash a Rom. You do need a Recovery installed. Pull the SD Card, put the Rom on the Root of your SD Card. Boot into Recovery, do a full wipe. Then flash the Rom.

TEAM MiK
Mik Roms Since 3/13/11

Wildride432

Feb 18, 2012
Is the phone Rooted? What kind of phone is it? I'll assume it has an SD Card. If the phone is Rooted. Do you have a Custom Recovery installed? Such as Clowork Mod. You do not need USB to flash a Rom. You do need a Recovery installed. Pull the SD Card, put the Rom on the Root of your SD Card. Boot into Recovery, do a full wipe. Then flash the Rom.

TEAM MiK
Mik Roms Since 3/13/11

no my phone is not rooted i can't seem to root it because my computer does not detect usb when plugged in and my phone is sky vega xpress IM-a710k and yes it has a micro sd card i tried rooting through air but still failed any suggestion how to root without using USB cable and any tutorial how to do the flashing my roms are all stocks

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
You said your in USB Debugging mode. Go into Menu-Settings-Applications-development, make sure it's checked. Didn't find any custom Recovery for the device. I did find Unlock Root that says it will root the device. Link is below.
www.unlockroot.com.

TEAM MiK
Mik Roms Since 3/13/11

Wildride432

Feb 18, 2012
yup its already checked and already installed the unlock root when trying to press the root button it says plugged in USB :(((

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
Make sure your USB Cable is a good one. Had a similar issue a while back, USB just quit being recognized. Turned out my cable had gone bad. They wear out like anything else. Also, beware of knock off USB Cables.

TEAM MiK
Mik Roms Since 3/13/11

Wildride432

Feb 18, 2012
uhmm okie will try to buy a new USB cable to try it out going to look for someone heading to south korea lol :))) and how come if the USB is broken how come it still charges the phone's battery?

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
You should be able to find the USB Cable you need here in the states, or online. Unless it's something really strange. The cacle will still charge the device, because that does not put much demand on the cable. But if it's transfering data, and it's frayed, or damaged in anyway it will not work.

TEAM MiK
Mik Roms Since 3/13/11

Wildride432

Feb 18, 2012
ohh ic :) okie will try to find a new cable, i lived here in the Philippines and its very hard to find the cable for my phone because my phone is unknown and not well known in most country except korea where it is came from :) thanks for your help :)

Wildride432

Feb 18, 2012
uhmm is there a way to root my device through wifi only without using USB cable since i think im not going to buy a new usb cable since its not available here in our country.

Wildride432

Feb 18, 2012
yup it needed a usb cable with 20 pins which is very hard to find here in the Philippines because most phones use here are only the popular ones which has only less than 20 pins in the teeth of the usb cable