[Q] Boot problem LOST.FOUND

Search This thread

Montaxx

Jul 31, 2014
Hey Guys,

I have a Android/WinCE Car Radio.
So I got Android on a SD Card and it booted well, but one day it stopped booting.
If I mount the SD from the internal Android on the device, there is a LOST.FOUND directory on the boot partition where boot.scr and so on is.
If I delete the directory and restart, the system boots from the SD again. But if I do a restart, the system won't boot again. I need to delete the LOST.FOUND directory every time...
I'll Attach the boot partition, maybe you can give me a solution to this.

Attachments

• boot.rar
    4 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Elkan1985

Aug 1, 2014
If you run fsck, the filesystem check and repair command, it might find data fragments that are not referenced anywhere in the filesystem. In particular, fsck might find data that looks like a complete file but doesn't have a name on the system — an inode with no corresponding file name. This data is still using up space, but it isn't accessible by any normal means.

If you tell fsck to repair the filesystem, it will turn these almost-deleted files back into files. The thing is, the file had a name and location once, but that information is no longer available. So fsck deposits the file in a specific directory, called lost+found (after lost and found property).

Files that appear in lost+found are typically files that were already unlinked (i.e. their name had been erased) but still opened by some process (so the data wasn't erased yet) when the system halted suddenly (kernel panic or power failure). If that's all that happened, these files were slated for deletion anyway, you don't need to care about them.

Files can also appear in lost+found because the filesystem was in an inconsistent state due to a software or hardware bug. If that's the case, it's a way for you to find files that were lost but that the system repair managed to salvage. The files may or may not contain useful data, and even if they do they may be incomplete or out of date; it all depends how bad the filesystem damage was.

Make sure your boot files in the root of the partition are ok.
Make a backup of the files, copy the files in the lost.found directory over the existing files or use the original one (firmware download from device supplier?)
And make sure you unmount the SDcard safe.

Good luck..

Last edited:

Montaxx

Jul 31, 2014
THere are no files at the LOST.FOUND directory.

If I take a other SD and put the stock image on it, it's the same problem.