Looking into buying a new stereo Bluetooth headset

Search This thread

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
I got an old Motorola sd9 headset I've been using, was given to me for free and I think it's dying. Audio cuts in and out all the time, seems to get worse in my pocket and the buttons at starting to come off. The audio is the biggest thing. Is this just a nature of the beast? Which one does everyone recommend? I just din wanna buy another and have the same issues. Seems when I stick my phone in my pocket it cuts in and out even worse.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
Well after 2 hours of reading reviews and having 6 different headsets in my cart, I ended up buying the arctic sound one for $27 off amazon. Biggest selling point was the first review was from a former SD-9 owner complaining about how the SD-9 would intermittently skip for no reasons, and the Arctic sound one had flawless signal. There were many other factors too for my decision, but that was the ultimate one. I mean there was a nice GoGear headset that looked a lot like a jaybird I was very close to buying and then one review mentioned having the same issue I'm having with my SD-9. I also really wanted one that went around the back of the neck. Also 4 star rating if I recall, the other one was another generic one similar design with a 4 1/2 star rating. The one review comparing it directly to the SD-9 was the tie breaker. Wish me luck!

shogunmark

Retired Senior Moderator
May 10, 2006
repost after you have a chance to test them... i have the Moto's also and have always had the intermittent sound problem. I would love to replace them.

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
Kept meaning to report back but I kept forget. Anyway the arctic sound headset is awesome! Audio quality is world's ahead actual has bass an fits just as nice. I've used them probably 4 hours this far and no signal loss what so ever. Only times the signal cut out were the phones fault: ie accessing data, syncing. A lot of reviewers complain about the build quality but for $27 I expected worse. Imo people think that motos have great build quality because of the unibody design but truth be told they are no better than this set. And that's another thing, the arctic sound actually fold up and come with a case for easy pocket storage when your not using them.

There are however 2 things moto does better. First is the lightweight and stylish design of the sd9. It looks good on your head. The arctic sound looks ridiculous. You look like your wearing a star wars droid costume with the arctic sound while the sd9 just looks literally like 2 pairs of Bluetooth headsets stuck together. The other problem is button layout and feel. With the sd9 I could easily skip, pause, or turn up and down the volume as necessary and the buttons were hard and stuck out so you could feel them easily with your fingers. The arctic sound pair isn't as well thought out. Their are 5 buttons on the right side and no dedicated call button, instead there is a gigantic "multifunction" button that controls power, call, and play and pause buttons through various button combinations that can get confusing. For instance voice dialing is holding 2 seconds, power off is 5 seconds. Redial is tap twice, play and pause are default. The skip forward, backwards, vol up and down are arranged in a cross pattern around it. They don't stick out very well so you gotta kind of feel around to push the correct button.

Inspite of these minor shortcomings overall it's a better headset than the Motorola and a steal for $27. Highly recommend

Reactions: shogunmark

bigballa

Feb 24, 2009
Atlanta
www.twitter.com
I had those Motorola SD-9hds also. I would keep the phone near to my face and it would still skip?! I was so frustrated. I spent like 70$ on that!

But I finally got fed up and bought the plantronics back beats. Best investment ever.

Sent from my HTC Vivid 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
It was a relief to know other people had the skipping issue too. I was worried it was just the nature of the beast. I thought it was my captivate originally causing the problem but then I upgraded to the vivid and same issue

ilordvader

Oct 27, 2007
Mumbai
Can you kindly tell me if this Jabra Wave works on a Android phone for Skype's Calls?!
Maybe trying yourself?! if anyone has it
Or which one does work with Skype
Please

Thanks...

Cor-master

Apr 16, 2011
Indianapolis IN
Been using my headset for a week and no skips whatsoever till I get almost 50 feet away from it and even then its limited. Excellent pair for the money

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kept meaning to report back but I kept forget. Anyway the arctic sound headset is awesome! Audio quality is world's ahead actual has bass an fits just as nice. I've used them probably 4 hours this far and no signal loss what so ever. Only times the signal cut out were the phones fault: ie accessing data, syncing. A lot of reviewers complain about the build quality but for $27 I expected worse. Imo people think that motos have great build quality because of the unibody design but truth be told they are no better than this set. And that's another thing, the arctic sound actually fold up and come with a case for easy pocket storage when your not using them.

There are however 2 things moto does better. First is the lightweight and stylish design of the sd9. It looks good on your head. The arctic sound looks ridiculous. You look like your wearing a star wars droid costume with the arctic sound while the sd9 just looks literally like 2 pairs of Bluetooth headsets stuck together. The other problem is button layout and feel. With the sd9 I could easily skip, pause, or turn up and down the volume as necessary and the buttons were hard and stuck out so you could feel them easily with your fingers. The arctic sound pair isn't as well thought out. Their are 5 buttons on the right side and no dedicated call button, instead there is a gigantic "multifunction" button that controls power, call, and play and pause buttons through various button combinations that can get confusing. For instance voice dialing is holding 2 seconds, power off is 5 seconds. Redial is tap twice, play and pause are default. The skip forward, backwards, vol up and down are arranged in a cross pattern around it. They don't stick out very well so you gotta kind of feel around to push the correct button.

Inspite of these minor shortcomings overall it's a better headset than the Motorola and a steal for $27. Highly recommend