Nexus 5 Screen cracked.... Need help

Search This thread

rollerdyke44

Mar 31, 2012
so i dropped my phone from a height of less than 1m and the screen is shattered. anyways, i dont want to explain what happened but i need your advice.

now the lcd and touch are working but the glass at front is shattered
I searched online and nexus 5 has a fused lcd with glass and something like that so i cant buy the front glass seperately. ebay has replacements for about 180-200$.

is there any cheaper way to fix the screen? no warranty btw

Florian Bichl

May 16, 2013
I think there wont be any cheaper way. You don't have waranty¿

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

WarRaven

May 13, 2007
There a cell repair shop in my city advertising N5 screen replaced for $220.N4 for $170.

Not saying use them, just that for that cost, it should include installation.

WR

Sent from my Nexus 5

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
Case bro i dropped my N5 about 2 times already one on the corner and one face flat on screen the case saved the screen and till this day my nexus 5 is perfect

bblzd

Nov 6, 2013
Toronto
Easy to think you don't need a case. Until you drop a nice phone then you become a believer after that.

m52 power!

Mar 6, 2008
I just went through the same thing. Found a new oem frame with LCD and digitizer on eBay $148 shipped. Installed it today in 30 minutes and its as good as new! Thing is I have a case on it 95% of the time and the ONE day i take it off for a break it gets dropped.... Ugh!! It is what it is...

markdapimp

Nov 8, 2013
I just went through the same thing. Found a new oem frame with LCD and digitizer on eBay $148 shipped. Installed it today in 30 minutes and its as good as new! Thing is I have a case on it 95% of the time and the ONE day i take it off for a break it gets dropped.... Ugh!! It is what it is...

perhaps in the Nexus 6 google will add a bezel to absorb some of that shock from a flat face down drop
Like in the Note 3 here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXX_35xy8Rc
the iPhone 5s has the same FLAT design on the screen without a bezel like the Nexus 5 which gives all the impact to the glass itself
Adding a case of course adds a bezel from the case itself witch takes the shock instead of the glass itself.

See the Note 3 Drop test face down no case 100% naked above in the video @ 3:12

Last edited:

Caebron

May 7, 2010
One could always get a warranty from Square Trade, for about $125. But then there's also a $75 deductible on all claims, so you end up having to cough up $200 total for any damages. Makes more sense to just do it yourself. On a side note I'm surprised Google doesn't offer any kind of extended warranty when purchasing this phone.