[Q] Help - Rooting gone wrong

Search This thread

Akkordinator

Apr 5, 2014
So I got the HTC One s and try to root it with the following instruction: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1583427&__utma=248941774.997411949.1390324490.1394471756.1396118873.6&__utmb=248941774.2.10.1396118873&__utmc=248941774&__utmx=-&__utmz=248941774.1394471756.5.2.utmcsr=feedburner|utmccn=Feed:%20xda-developers/ShsH%20(xda-developers)|utmcmd=feed&__utmv=-&__utmk=25799614
As I thought that Step 3 was only there to install the Superuser.apk i just skipped it (mistake no. 1) and wiped the whole thing (without making a backup --> mistake no. 2) and tried to install the Maximus HD Rom which as I am still S-On of course didnt work. So I wiped again but really careless and made mistake no. 3: wiping the whole thing instead of just a few partitions like system, cache,....

So now I have my device S-On, theres really nothing on it exept TWRP but there (and in other recoverys I tried) the USB mout doesnt work so I cant get a new rom on it :( So I tried to push it through fastboot but I cant find a fitting command.

Any advice what I can do to either get the USB work in the recoverys or push it through fastboot and which rom works without S-Off?

If you need further infos Id like to give those!

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
So I got the HTC One s and try to root it with the following instruction: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1583427&__utma=248941774.997411949.1390324490.1394471756.1396118873.6&__utmb=248941774.2.10.1396118873&__utmc=248941774&__utmx=-&__utmz=248941774.1394471756.5.2.utmcsr=feedburner|utmccn=Feed:%20xda-developers/ShsH%20(xda-developers)|utmcmd=feed&__utmv=-&__utmk=25799614
As I thought that Step 3 was only there to install the Superuser.apk i just skipped it (mistake no. 1) and wiped the whole thing (without making a backup --> mistake no. 2) and tried to install the Maximus HD Rom which as I am still S-On of course didnt work. So I wiped again but really careless and made mistake no. 3: wiping the whole thing instead of just a few partitions like system, cache,....

So now I have my device S-On, theres really nothing on it exept TWRP but there (and in other recoverys I tried) the USB mout doesnt work so I cant get a new rom on it :( So I tried to push it through fastboot but I cant find a fitting command.

Any advice what I can do to either get the USB work in the recoverys or push it through fastboot and which rom works without S-Off?

TWRP has ADB Sideload feature. Means you can flash zips using adb. Of course you can flash a roms this but keep in mind you have to flash the kernel (boot.img) manually immediately after flashing the rom.zip. When flashed Rom.zip by using ADB sideload method make SURE that you direct go into fastboot mode and flash the kernel (fastboot flash boot boot.img) (you can extract the boot.img from your rom.zip)

May be a compatible rom this time? But you're lucky -> Infact you already deleted everything you won't have to perform a wipe before flashing lol :p

Reactions: Akkordinator

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
You can use adb sideload as followed:

Start TWRP -> advanced -> ADB sideload + swipe to activate it. Connect your phone to the computer. Open "CMD Commandline" and type "adb sideload ROMNAME.zip"

Of course "ROMNAME" has to match the zip you want to flash. Thats it :)

In twrp go to "REBOOT" -> "fastboot"

When fastboot usb is ready use CMD commandline again and type "fastboot flash boot boot.img"

Then you can boot android :)

Last edited:

Akkordinator

Apr 5, 2014
I whished I could. As I start ADB sideload it keeps doing nothing at all until I abort it. What I think is important to know is that it is then:
"E:Unable to mout '/internal_sd'
E:Unable to mount storage.", which I think is the problem.

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Flash Stock recovery And perform "factory Reset + clear storage" that will fix your storage. Then flash twrp Version 2.7 again and do what I suggested to flash the Rom :)

Sent from my beloved HTC One S using (most time buggy) Tapatalk :)

Akkordinator

Apr 5, 2014
Did the exact thing which removes the mounting error, but this has no effect on the sideload (or usb mount). Still not working.

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Did the exact thing which removes the mounting error, but this has no effect on the sideload (or usb mount). Still not working.

Can you acces your sdcard by twrp? Lot of poeple here has sd card bug yet and it was fixed everytime.

You're facing sdcard bug.

This is how to solve:

1. Flash stock recovery
2. reboot to bootloader and perform "factory reset + clear storage" (While in bootloader NOT in recovery)
3. Flash custom recovery again
4. Reboot recovery - mount usb storage - copy ROM.zip to sdcard // adb sideload rom
7. NOW boot android (Not at any time before! Even there is no system installed)

Please just repeat it.

Last edited:

Akkordinator

Apr 5, 2014
Can you acces your sdcard by twrp? Lot of poeple here has sd card bug yet and it was fixed everytime.

I can acces it in TWRP (of course only a TWRP folder in it). Tried the repeating progress over and over but nothing changes. And USB-OTG isnt able to mount.

Thanks for your patient help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

TWRP has ADB Sideload feature. Means you can flash zips using adb. Of course you can flash a roms this but keep in mind you have to flash the kernel (boot.img) manually immediately after flashing the rom.zip. When flashed Rom.zip by using ADB sideload method make SURE that you direct go into fastboot mode and flash the kernel (fastboot flash boot boot.img) (you can extract the boot.img from your rom.zip)

May be a compatible rom this time? But you're lucky -> Infact you already deleted everything you won't have to perform a wipe before flashing lol :p
    You can use adb sideload as followed:

Start TWRP -> advanced -> ADB sideload + swipe to activate it. Connect your phone to the computer. Open "CMD Commandline" and type "adb sideload ROMNAME.zip"

Of course "ROMNAME" has to match the zip you want to flash. Thats it :)

In twrp go to "REBOOT" -> "fastboot"

When fastboot usb is ready use CMD commandline again and type "fastboot flash boot boot.img"

Then you can boot android :)
    Flash Stock recovery And perform "factory Reset + clear storage" that will fix your storage. Then flash twrp Version 2.7 again and do what I suggested to flash the Rom :)

Sent from my beloved HTC One S using (most time buggy) Tapatalk :)

You're facing sdcard bug.

This is how to solve:

1. Flash stock recovery
    2. reboot to bootloader and perform "factory reset + clear storage" (While in bootloader NOT in recovery)
    3. Flash custom recovery again
    4. Reboot recovery - mount usb storage - copy ROM.zip to sdcard // adb sideload rom
    7. NOW boot android (Not at any time before! Even there is no system installed)

Please just repeat it.
    I can acces it in TWRP (of course only a TWRP folder in it). Tried the repeating progress over and over but nothing changes. And USB-OTG isnt able to mount.

Thanks for your patient help!

In case you can acces the storage in twrp its related to windows or drivers. What windows version you are running?