Bootloader unlock allowed no

Search This thread

clewis

Apr 19, 2011
London
dlb-network.com
That can't be right because mine is looked to orange and also says 'no' for boot loader unlocking and i have installed a bug fix update OTA and 2.3.4 via pc companion which would both brick a phone with an unlocked boot loader and mine downloaded fine.

danlivesey

Dec 5, 2010
blackburn
Mine said no to unlock bootloader and was locked on o2 but I paid to have the sim unlocked and the bootloader for a small price of a web site, its a 100% safe and also you can still do OTA updates with out a brick.

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

Reactions: lignite

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
Last edited:

hardmaninc

Mine said no to unlock bootloader and was locked on o2 but I paid to have the sim unlocked and the bootloader for a small price of a web site, its a 100% safe and also you can still do OTA updates with out a brick.

So you got it unlocked by software though a website ? who ?

No new play will come with the bootloader already locked, people with bootloader unlock is NO have to use the testpoint method of bootloader unlock :)

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

Is it safe ? and what tools do I need ? is it worth doing ?

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
I sent you a pm with the site a link, as far as I knew if you are sim locked you cant unlock your bootloader until your sim is unlocked

No not at all, you don't need to sim unlock your device before you unlock the bootloader. Infact one of the features you get with the paid unlock method is, it will sim unlock your device too. So paying for a sim unlock first is a waste of money. :)

Reactions: Jinx13

danlivesey

Dec 5, 2010
blackburn
I looked every were and im sure every unlocking bootloader method was you had to have your sim unlocked first. If I new that I wouldnt of payed and I would of done it my self.

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
I looked every were and im sure every unlocking bootloader method was you had to have your sim unlocked first. If I new that I wouldnt of payed and I would of done it my self.

I'm serious, i know there is alot of conflicting information right? But the deal is, factory unlocked phones can use the official bootloader unlock method. Sim locked phones, even if you get the sim unlocked, it does not unlock fastboot, thats why you need the testpoint method, and a sim unlocked device defo isnt required for that, because my device was still locked to o2 when i got my bootloader unlocked.

danlivesey

Dec 5, 2010
blackburn
Ok lol I looked at to much conflicting info then. I knew I should of just tried it. Do you still get OTA updates with out bricking?

brochador

Jul 25, 2011
I'm serious, i know there is alot of conflicting information right? But the deal is, factory unlocked phones can use the official bootloader unlock method. Sim locked phones, even if you get the sim unlocked, it does not unlock fastboot, thats why you need the testpoint method, and a sim unlocked device defo isnt required for that, because my device was still locked to o2 when i got my bootloader unlocked.

how to use/do testpoint method? is it free?

i don't want to PM alejandrissimo for unlocking my BL, if i only knew 7 months ago, i wouldn't pay someone to sim-unlock my phone, instead i will PM right away alejandrissimo to unlock my BL..

Clienterror

Jun 21, 2010
Quad Cities, Illinois
how to use/do testpoint method? is it free?

i don't want to PM alejandrissimo for unlocking my BL, if i only knew 7 months ago, i wouldn't pay someone to sim-unlock my phone, instead i will PM right away alejandrissimo to unlock my BL..

He unlocked my bootloader and sim within 15 minutes. I don't think you need to unlock the sim first because mine was a r800at and everything was locked to begin with.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's because fastboot comes with sim unlock.

Jinx13

I dont understand :confused: my phone its not locked to any carier anymore, ive got it unlock by UnlockThatPhone.com, so i cant get a unlock bootloader without paying again?

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Could you instruct me step by step how to do that ?

here's the link :)

Code:
    http://androidflip.com/unlock-xperia-phones-bootloader-without-losing-drm-data-track-id-working/

Just make sure to use the correct testpoint for the xperia play :D
    For anyone needing sim unlock and bootloader unlock PM me and we can talk there :)

Jinx13

So you got it unlocked by software though a website ? who ?

Is it safe ? and what tools do I need ? is it worth doing ?

Use jinx13 on this website, he unlocked my play, he will provide you with all the software you need, he does the unlock remotely using teamviewer, all you need is a paperclip. :)

I sent you a pm with the site a link, as far as I knew if you are sim locked you cant unlock your bootloader until your sim is unlocked

No not at all, you don't need to sim unlock your device before you unlock the bootloader. Infact one of the features you get with the paid unlock method is, it will sim unlock your device too. So paying for a sim unlock first is a waste of money. :)