you tube not workin on HTC handset

Search This thread

xero01uk

Jul 4, 2008
over the last few days youtube hasnt been working for me when i click on the video i want to view the program says connecting then after a few seconds it says 'unable to connect'

can anyone help please

kimtyson

Oct 30, 2006
York, Pa
LeEco Le 2
SEARCH and you will find the answer to you question. (See my sig for a link.) As NotATreoFan stated, this has been asked and answered.
It amazes me that people just drop into the forum and ask a question providing no information about their device or what they have done already to troubleshoot their issue. (In most cases this is because they have done nothing.) Rather conceited of you to think that YOUR configuration is the only one. There are thousands of device\Rom\radio\apps combinations out there. Even if we wanted to help you we couldn't since you have given us ZERO information about your device. All we know is it is an HTC Handset, which means it is one of a dozens of different possibilities.
Don't waste your time, and forum space, by posting generic questions like this. In fact, don't even respond to me. Just go search for your answer.

denco7

Apr 12, 2008
Houston, Texas
SEARCH and you will find the answer to you question. (See my sig for a link.) As NotATreoFan stated, this has been asked and answered.
It amazes me that people just drop into the forum and ask a question providing no information about their device or what they have done already to troubleshoot their issue. (In most cases this is because they have done nothing.) Rather conceited of you to think that YOUR configuration is the only one. There are thousands of device\Rom\radio\apps combinations out there. Even if we wanted to help you we couldn't since you have given us ZERO information about your device. All we know is it is an HTC Handset, which means it is one of a dozens of different possibilities.
Don't waste your time, and forum space, by posting generic questions like this. In fact, don't even respond to me. Just go search for your answer.

Wow ! And I thought I had a problem with caffeine in the morning. Sounds like he may have meant is there a problem with you tube. But I could be wrong.

Last edited:

xero01uk

Jul 4, 2008

well excuse me for asking a "mod edit" simple answer, jesus this is a good way to loose members "mod edit", jesus i wont "mod edit" bother in future

Last edited by a moderator:

xero01uk

Jul 4, 2008
**This is not intended as a flame**

A) This topic has been covered 9,999,999,999,999,999e10 times on the forum before
B) You need to provide more information. (ROM version, program being used for YouTube, etc...)

ok so my rom version is 1.56.405.5 radio version is 1.27.12.11 and the program is 'streaming media' by htc version 2.20, hope that helps

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
ok so my rom version is 1.56.405.5 radio version is 1.27.12.11 and the program is 'streaming media' by htc version 2.20, hope that helps

The Kaiser does not have native support for YouTube. You should download and install a program called TCPMP, and also download the FlashVideoBundle plugin for it. I cannot point you to a specific link because there are several different versions of TCPMP/FlashVideoBundle, so you have to experiment and find which one works for the ROM you are running.

xero01uk

Jul 4, 2008
thanks for a quick reply, at least some people are decent on here, but after comments like that off other members in not coming back...

this community needs some decent members!!!!

denco7 go "mod edit" yourself

Last edited by a moderator:

JimmyMcGee

Moderator Emeritus
You QUIT Flaming other members. This only make you as bad as them.

The reason they told you to search it this. If you had used the Search function and entered "how to play youtube" you would have found a bunch of answers.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=385227

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=320962

So What have we learned here.

1. Youtube is not supported Native.
2. Search Will yield Results, I promise.
3. You catch more flys with honey versus vinegar.
4. Don't be rude, even if someone else "started it."

Follow these rules and you will have a happy forum life.

P1Tater

Retired Senior Moderator
Nov 28, 2007
In UR Head
well excuse me for asking a "mod edit" simple answer, jesus this is a good way to loose members "mod edit", jesus i wont "mod edit" bother in future

I understand your anger but in the future, please don't swear at other members unless you want to enjoy a vacation at BANville. Read the flashing red message in my signature or follow the link to the forum rules to understand why I edited your post.

Thank you for understanding.

ChumleyEX

Oct 12, 2007
Temple
ah I remember the days when I flamed newbs for incomplete or unsearched threads. Sigh. Sniffle :( I miss them.

denco7

Apr 12, 2008
Houston, Texas
denco7 go "mod edit" yourself

Excuse me ? You little ass wipe .... I was defending you and telling kimtyson to relax a little.

Now you can take your 50 IQ and inability to figure out a simple electronic device and your " membership " and shove it up your ass. Asshole!

Sorry, I needed to make a point. Edit away P1

Edit 2 : If I considered someone like that a " member " then it would be swearing at another member.

Last edited:

nufsaid

Jul 1, 2007
ROFL, too bad there is not a way for nub cakes to unregister so as to not muddy up the nice clean waters of XDA w/ 'how do i play youtuube on me locked phone frum da AT and T's pluz! HALP MAI!' f'n nub cakes never use search...

ChumleyEX

Oct 12, 2007
Temple
I'm sure someone is getting banned or something. REGARDLESS>>>

Cat-YouJustGotServed.jpg

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Or spread the word and start using the Search Plug in in my Sig.

Yes i don't put my device type and rom in my sig.

But i used to have it, made my life easier not needing to retype the device type and rom i was running when reporting issues.

andrewkeith5

Feb 15, 2007
Birmingham
wow

i see you people still reserve your passionate hatred for anybody who is just asking for some help

i would like to point out that:

A) youtube is supported natively using the mobile youtube service
B) occasionally, maybe its just a bit better to respond by suggesting or asking for more information, as opposed to just shouting back "You need to provide more information"...way to help

jahrami

Jul 26, 2007
try installing flash player
i once had a cooked rom that was playing youtube i (think) and i am pretty sure it was released by Hyperdragon look at his roms

over the last few days youtube hasnt been working for me when i click on the video i want to view the program says connecting then after a few seconds it says 'unable to connect'

can anyone help please

JimmyMcGee

Moderator Emeritus
wow

i see you people still reserve your passionate hatred for anybody who is just asking for some help

i would like to point out that:

A) youtube is supported natively using the mobile youtube service
B) occasionally, maybe its just a bit better to respond by suggesting or asking for more information, as opposed to just shouting back "You need to provide more information"...way to help

Dude. Seriously?

This thread had died a spectacular death. And you, being a troll, dig it up and open old wounds.

You win first prize in silliness today :D