[Q] Gorilla Glass 2

Search This thread

ShAaShAy

Apr 11, 2012
New Delhi
Yeahh I'm pretty sure it has gorilla glass (coming from a one v user)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

rjerikz

Jan 17, 2012
Hhm some site says it use gorilla glass 2 others says its just a typical screen wothout gorilla glass.. confused!

Sent from my HTC One V using XDA

sparxone

May 20, 2012
My phone fell from the table yesterday face down and the top glass covering instantly cracked. I doubt if One V even has gorilla glass. Before it cracked, it had taken many small scratches too, even though i kept it inside a cover always.

JalmiNyondong1933

Nov 15, 2011
Bandung
My phone fell from the table yesterday face down and the top glass covering instantly cracked. I doubt if One V even has gorilla glass. Before it cracked, it had taken many small scratches too, even though i kept it inside a cover always.

my phone didn't fell face down. maybe that's why it does't have crack. maybe you should try to return to your seller. If you lucky, they can give you a brand new phone or refund.

sparxone

May 20, 2012
I called up HTC customer care, they told it won't be covered under warranty. I need to pay for the whole Super LCD 2 unit. Even though just the top glass is cracked.
:banghead:

Last edited:

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth

fell on what? a warhammer? please...

sparxone

May 20, 2012
No dude fell on the ****ing floor
So i would say it doesn't have a gorilla glass. Specs on the box and its site doesn't state a gorilla glass either. The glass layer is something which makes viewing angles better as far as i know, not a gorilla indeed. I was shocked to see scratches even when i kept it in a cloth cover all the time. And now a fall from 2 feet face down cracked it completely.

Last edited:

Passa91

Dec 17, 2010
Gorilla glass is not that strong. I'm not surprised it cracked when falling face down.

My friend has a Motorola Defy like me (you know, that "lifeproof" phone with gorilla glass), and she dropped it about a metre onto concrete, at a 45 degree angle. Whole glass panel was completely shattered.

On the flip side, I have dropped my Defy a bunch of times (including a few times where I have accidentally launched it forward a few metres) and it has been fine, but the initial impact has always been on the back. I think all phones will shatter when they hit the ground screen first.

Gorilla glass prevents abrasion and scratches from keys or coins etc in your pocket, but not falling a metre or two onto concrete or tiles.

Top Liked Posts