Thanks to (Arsaw) for the smali edits.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2110841
Was able to modify the smali settings to enable:
*Long press from 500ms to 300ms
*System Font same as keyboard Keys
*Auto correction enabled.
*Space bar enables Highlighted words.

*Backup your Current Samsung Keyboard!*

*To Enable secondary keys you must have a Rom that has the feature.xml included..
Or add one to SYSTEM/CSC folder. Must change permissions and owner.. Reboot
Feature.xml http://www.mediafire.com/view/?c0hbhfcbuac0rv6

Place APK in SYSTEM/APPS change Permissions and Owner to Root/Root...And Reboot. ..and remember to enable samsung keyboard..

*Modified Apk alone*
http://www.mediafire.com/?4lx9610rj094hh6

*Flash zip*
Works on DLl1/DLL4 so far,Maybe others haven't tried.....
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?t3d3tks0go6gqfs

Last edited:

meatlocker

Jul 29, 2007
FL
Yeah, Clean 4.5. Flashed your mod in TWRP. Weird thing, though. ..my battery is now stuck at 28%. Would this have monkied with the 1% battery increments?

*EDIT*
Resolved the battery issue by returning to stock theme, then re applying my theme.

Sent from my CLEANed GN2

Last edited:

wish777

Jan 24, 2012
Cleveland
OnePlus 6T
Yeah, Clean 4.5. Flashed your mod in TWRP. Weird thing, though. ..my battery is now stuck at 28%. Would this have monkied with the 1% battery increments?

*EDIT*
Resolved the battery issue by returning to stock theme, then re applying my theme.

Sent from my CLEANed GN2

Strange.. it shouldn't have anything to do with that..The zip only contains the apk and a script to install it and to change permissions...The keyboard is modfied with some smali edits... But might have just been coincidence..

9wire

Jul 19, 2009
No worky on SkyNote. Side loaded, set permissions, set owner, rebooted. Android was set as default, set Samsung, no keyboard. Rebooted to twrp, wiped caches, fixed permissions, no joy. Went into app manager, wiped caxhe and data, still no worky. :(

Jabroni

Dec 6, 2009
How do you change permissions & owner to root/root?! From where I'm setting, that isn't even an option using Root Explorer!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

godfirst

Jul 6, 2010
Somewhere Giving God All The Glory!
How do you change permissions & owner to root/root?! From where I'm setting, that isn't even an option using Root Explorer!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

The option is available in root explorer, just long press it. I've noticed one issue with the keyboard. If you don't spell a word the way the keyboard has it, it will continue to auto correct no matter what, instead of allowing you to add the word.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

wish777

Jan 24, 2012
Cleveland
OnePlus 6T
The option is available in root explorer, just long press it. I've noticed one issue with the keyboard. If you don't spell a word the way the keyboard has it, it will continue to auto correct no matter what, instead of allowing you to add the word.

Yeh I starting to see that more often on my keyboard too... Not sure if there is any more edits within the smali gotta ask someone . I'm not liking to have to hit the screen for it not to enter a word it doesn't except.

Reactions: godfirst

godfirst

Jul 6, 2010
Somewhere Giving God All The Glory!
Yeh I starting to see that more often on my keyboard too... Not sure if there is any more edits within the smali gotta ask someone . I'm not liking to have to hit the screen for it not to enter a word it doesn't except.

Lol, really great minds think alike:cool: I was doing the same thing, I switched back to SwiftKey for now.

royalh

Feb 25, 2006
Portland

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360830142703.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360830142703.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 288

Top Liked Posts