[DEV] Ubuntu

Search This thread

Jhinta

Dec 20, 2010
This is only for the once that know how to use it ( dont even ask me i wont reply if there is no usable info )

info
rootfs has to be sdcard/linux/mini-linux.img
its not useable for the normal user dont even try !!!!! -> but for the user that do know how to work with it , help me.

Whats working
fb - oke
initrd - oke
Keyboard working by usb !!! 1 problem -> typing in tty1 -> goes to tty2 trying to fix that ( show you need to switch tty's to see what happening
Wifi - is loaded still need to test it

testimage
user = ubuntu
Pass = tmppwd

Note H layout looks good (posible not needed to rotate)

3d support oke ubuntu 12.10 is loaded , but some error after login

2sakosz.jpg

kernel source
https://github.com/TripNRaVeR
Thanks to Trip for his kernel !!!

Last edited:

theDroidfanatic

Apr 24, 2012
Jeddah
www.twitter.com
You say you aren't going to reply to any question on how to, yet you don't provide any relevant information or any details? Just a very vague working list? Not even a non working list?

And how do we know that this is even legitimate?

I saw your other thread(s) on this, got closed because you didn't provide enough information, so please, before that happens, at least let us know what we can expect from this, any credits, who made it, how to flash it, and most basically, what is it?!

Please do this to avoid a dev closing this thread as well

Cheers

PS: not a hater, just saying what needs to be done, because then otherwise this will probably end up getting closed like another Rom thread we had a few weeks ago, and like your other thread.

Once again, props to you if this really is Ubuntu, but we can't just flash this without some more info...

PPS: And pardon me if I'm mistaken, but bottom line is, we just need some more info :)

Sent from my One X running Blade v4.6.0. At a mere 240 MB, with tons of AROMA Mods and tweaks, this, is what you want.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Once again, if I'm mistaken, just disregard my post, just saying we need more information :)

Cherrs

Sent from my One X running Blade v4.6.0. At a mere 240 MB, with tons of AROMA Mods and tweaks, this, is what you want.

Last edited:

Jhinta

Dec 20, 2010
You say you aren't going to reply to any question on how to, yet you don't provide any relevant information or any details? Just a very vague working list? Not even a non working list?

I saw your other thread(s) on this, got closed because you didn't provide enough information, so please, before that happens, at least let us know what we can expect from this, any credits, who made it, how to flash it, and most basically, what is it?!

Cheers

PS: not a hater, just saying what needs to be done, because then otherwise this will probably end up getting closed like another Rom thread we had a few weeks ago, and like your other thread.

Once again, props to you if this really is Ubuntu, but we can't just flash this without some more info...

PPS: And pardon me if I'm mistaken, but bottom line is, we just need some more info :)

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Once again, if I'm mistaken, just disregard my post, just saying we need more information :)

Cherrs

hm oke
its a minimal ubuntu image with a kernel and initrd that will chainroot a image file

what has to be done
get a way of acces by mount chroot/keyboard/network
once one have acces start bij setting up network/keyboard/display and so on
then start fixing things
then create a full working rootfs

and credit goos to Trip for is kernel and me for the basic setup

ar4er

Sep 6, 2009
What kind of sources do you use? Linux kernel 3.8 has full support for Tegra 3, including Kernel Mode Setting, but changes are needed to HOX board.

Jhinta

Dec 20, 2010
Last edited:

theDroidfanatic

Apr 24, 2012
Jeddah
www.twitter.com
hm oke
its a minimal ubuntu image with a kernel and initrd that will chainroot a image file

what has to be done
then start fixing things

Thank you :)

Jhinta

Dec 20, 2010
keyboard working by default but tyyping in tty1 goes to tty2 so you need to switch tty's to see what going on . trying to fix that.
then fix wifi firmware loading so when can easy setup wifi and ssh

Reactions: krish_kc89

Giblet-dono

Mar 24, 2009
OnePlus 7T Pro
OnePlus Nord
I would suggest this thread to be moved to the Developer only section as I think this is really for advanced developers!
I love the idea of running ubuntu or any other linux distro for that matter on my phone
A lot of work on this has been done in the past for the HTC HD2.
They had a LOT working..
Maybe their "fixes" won;t work for the One X, but their methods of fixing errors could possible provide help!

As I said, would love to see this going further!
One of the best things would be: HDMI out to a screen, and use a wireless (Bluetooth/wifi) mouse and keyboard!
Then we have a full pocketsized workstation!

Reactions: Braindamage1989

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is only for the once that know how to use it ( dont even ask me i wont reply if there is no usable info )

info
    rootfs has to be sdcard/linux/mini-linux.img
    its not useable for the normal user dont even try !!!!! -> but for the user that do know how to work with it , help me.

Whats working
    fb - oke
    initrd - oke
    Keyboard working by usb !!! 1 problem -> typing in tty1 -> goes to tty2 trying to fix that ( show you need to switch tty's to see what happening
    Wifi - is loaded still need to test it

testimage
    user = ubuntu
    Pass = tmppwd

Note H layout looks good (posible not needed to rotate)

3d support oke ubuntu 12.10 is loaded , but some error after login

2sakosz.jpg

kernel source
    https://github.com/TripNRaVeR
    Thanks to Trip for his kernel !!!

Cheers

Cherrs

Cheers

Cherrs

hm oke

what has to be done
    then start fixing things

keyboard working by default but tyyping in tty1 goes to tty2 so you need to switch tty's to see what going on . trying to fix that.
    then fix wifi firmware loading so when can easy setup wifi and ssh
    I would suggest this thread to be moved to the Developer only section as I think this is really for advanced developers!
    I love the idea of running ubuntu or any other linux distro for that matter on my phone
    A lot of work on this has been done in the past for the HTC HD2.
    They had a LOT working..
    Maybe their "fixes" won;t work for the One X, but their methods of fixing errors could possible provide help!

As I said, would love to see this going further!
    One of the best things would be: HDMI out to a screen, and use a wireless (Bluetooth/wifi) mouse and keyboard!
    Then we have a full pocketsized workstation!