Unable to mount /system, Error mounting /system!

Search This thread

Fidelator

Jul 25, 2011
So guys, I downloaded the latest CM nightly through the CMupdater app, I rebooted into recovery TWRP 2.6.3.0 at that moment I think, when I tried to flash my update it said "Unable to mount /system" and just stood there, I rebooted into recovery again and tried to mount it from the mounts menu without result.

Next I updated to the latest TWRP but the problem persisted, changed to the latest CWM and that too, is unable to mount /system displaying the message "Error mounting /system!"

I seriously don't want to lose my data as this was a simple update so I didn't make a backup but I don't know what the hell else I'm supposed to do.

Oh and BTW, trying to boot to system leaves me at the Google screen for an indefinite amount of time.

Thanks in advance

Edit:Turns out formatting system doesn't delete my data, I got impatient and did that, problem solved.

Last edited:

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
So guys, I downloaded the latest CM nightly through the CMupdater app, I rebooted into recovery TWRP 2.6.3.0 at that moment I think, when I tried to flash my update it said "Unable to mount /system" and just stood there, I rebooted into recovery again and tried to mount it from the mounts menu without result.

Next I updated to the latest TWRP but the problem persisted, changed to the latest CWM and that too, is unable to mount /system displaying the message "Error mounting /system!"

I seriously don't want to lose my data as this was a simple update so I didn't make a backup but I don't know what the hell else I'm supposed to do.

Oh and BTW, trying to boot to system leaves me at the Google screen for an indefinite amount of time.

Thanks in advance

Turns out formatting system doesn't delete my data, I got impatient and did that, problem solved.

Can you add SOLVED to the thread title..

Glad to see everything is ok :good:

Thx Josh

Reactions: XxLordxX

Izeltokatl

So, i just started getting this same error after updating to TWRP 2.8.2.0, I tried wiping the system and still got the error? I downgraded to TWRP 2.8.1.0 and wiped system again, and that seemed to fix the issue. Not sure if it was my own bug or 2.8.2.0 but just wanted to leave feedback for the next person who may be searching for help.

Reactions: 3DSammy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks in advance

Turns out formatting system doesn't delete my data, I got impatient and did that, problem solved.

Can you add SOLVED to the thread title..

Glad to see everything is ok :good:

Thx Josh
    So, i just started getting this same error after updating to TWRP 2.8.2.0, I tried wiping the system and still got the error? I downgraded to TWRP 2.8.1.0 and wiped system again, and that seemed to fix the issue. Not sure if it was my own bug or 2.8.2.0 but just wanted to leave feedback for the next person who may be searching for help.