[Q] Problem with HTC daily backup after update Android 4.4.2

Search This thread

Jeffetto62

May 8, 2009
Hi everyone. Good news. With the new upgrade to Android 4.4.4 HTC Backup has started to work again ..... Finally [emoji2]

Last edited:

suheyl

May 28, 2013
I have the issue since upgrade to 4.4.4. BEfore that mu backups were succesfull. Now it stops after 48%. Any sollution???

deechte

Feb 1, 2007
Soest
OnePlus 7T Pro
OnePlus 11
My backup problems have also started with the 4.4.4 OTA update. It now gets to 44% and then stops everytime. I have contacted HTC support too, and tried all the following:
- Remove FB account
- Remove FB app cache and data
- Changed the boot settings under Energy to NOT use fast boot
- Reset
Didn't work

I have also removed all FB updates, I have even tried deactivating the app, Force closing it, have even cleared and deactivated the Facebook HTC Sense app. Nothing worked.

So they advised me to make a backup with HTC Sync Manager and do a factory reset after that. I have spent hours now, but Sync Manager won't recognize my phone. I have tried USB drivers from various sources, disabled Firewall and Antivirus, 2 different PC's, nothing helps. I don't wanna reset without a backup.

Has any of you tried a factory reset? Does it solve the stuck HTC backup at all?

deechte

Feb 1, 2007
Soest
OnePlus 7T Pro
OnePlus 11
My backup problems have also started with the 4.4.4 OTA update. It now gets to 44% and then stops everytime. I have contacted HTC support too, and tried all the following:
- Remove FB account
- Remove FB app cache and data
- Changed the boot settings under Energy to NOT use fast boot
- Reset
Didn't work

I have also removed all FB updates, I have even tried deactivating the app, Force closing it, have even cleared and deactivated the Facebook HTC Sense app. Nothing worked.

So they advised me to make a backup with HTC Sync Manager and do a factory reset after that. I have spent hours now, but Sync Manager won't recognize my phone. I have tried USB drivers from various sources, disabled Firewall and Antivirus, 2 different PC's, nothing helps. I don't wanna reset without a backup.

Has any of you tried a factory reset? Does it solve the stuck HTC backup at all?
After all that I've tried yesterday, as described above, this morning I erased all data from the HTC backup app, through the Android apps menu. After that, It backups succesfully. I'm happy with that, but I really cannot imagine that I did not try that yesterday too, with everything I tried. But maybe others can try that too and confirm?

SnowBeliever

Oct 29, 2014
@deechte
thank u so much

yesssssss....thank god... erased all data from HTC backup solve my problem too.... it stop for minute or more on 43%, I thought same problem again.... and then continued...and finished... :D

Last edited:

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Last edited:

Jeffetto62

May 8, 2009
I got same issue again ..... Erasing HTC backup cache and data didn't change anything unfortunately .....

jujak82

May 28, 2012
i can back up my phone using dropbox but i cant back up my phone using google drive.
anyone hav a solution??

deechte

Feb 1, 2007
Soest
OnePlus 7T Pro
OnePlus 11
I can backup using dropbox. After the HTC Service Pack from Play Store from November 7th, I decided to try google drive again. It worked! I don't know if the service pack fixed something, or if it was the succesful dropbox backup that made gdrive work again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Maybe I have a workaround for that issue

Had the same issue with HTC Backup since 4.4.3 upgrade ..... until today.
    The only way I found to complete HTC Backup was to deactivate Facebook app before starting my backup.
    Hope FB/HTC developers solve the issue definitely cause using this workaround I cannot anyways use automatic backup ..... :(