[ROM] Cornerstone

Search This thread

double1

Nov 13, 2010
Cornerstone is a multi windowed ui application that allows you to see and interact with 3 applications in the same window. Cornerstone requires changes to the framework so unlike other apps must be flashed and baked into a ROM.

Manufacturers website http://www.onskreen.com/cornerstone/

Development version (no root) v 0.85.1 (02/26/2012)
https://github.com/Onskreen/cornerstone/downloads

Team EOS cornerstone nightlies (w/root). http://goo-inside.me/devs/teameos/roms/cornerstone/nightlies

Main development Google group thread https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/cornerstone-dev

Last edited:
Reactions: joshndroid and ilai

jdlaser

Jun 24, 2011
Huntington Beach CA
Question

Is it possible to get a md5 hash for the download file?. I assume we install the zip file with CW over the EOS nightly rom. Any info would be appreciated.

double1

Nov 13, 2010
Does this work for WiFi xoom? I see an _1, does that mean it has improved already? :)
Yes, this is for the wingray model. 0.85.1 is the newest version. Changlog is here http://github.com/Onskreen/cornerstone/wiki/Cornerstone:-Version-History
Is it possible to get a md5 hash for the download file?. I assume we install the zip file with CW over the EOS nightly rom. Any info would be appreciated.
Yes, I just flashed the zip on top of EOS rom. As far as md5, I don't know.

Saintfyre

Feb 24, 2011
Portland, Oregon
So if this if for the Wingray model, I assume flashing it over the EOS Stingray version would result in loss of mobile data? Has anyone tried?

double1

Nov 13, 2010
See OP has been updated with EOS builds. There are stingray builds there. The EOS team needs to start a cornerstone nightlies thread IMO.

Tomcar

Jul 30, 2009
Aachen

REHolt218

Mar 31, 2011
There is a Stingray version available but when I flashed it my 4g stopped working. I'm at work right now and can't connect to wifi but I will try when I get home. For now I am back on Stingray nightly # 63 but will be trying this on a regular basis until they get something that will work.

I'm pretty excited about finally getting a nightly for cornerstone:D

ewok666

Apr 4, 2006
I flashed the Eos Cornerstone build and don't have the buttons to swap windows. Is this
something that's missing by design?

TIA

okantomi

Feb 20, 2011
Boston, MA
Last edited:

RobBull69

Oct 9, 2009
Chicago
I've been running this for about a day over nightly #78 and there are a few issues that I've run into, but I'm going to continue using this as a DD unless the issues get worse.

Here are the problems I've encountered:
- the clock on the notification bar does not update. Because of the time not updating, third party clock widgets on the homescreen give a "Problem displaying widget" message
- Beating on Cornerstone (running memory hogs in all three panels) can make it force close. If it force closes, the only option is to reboot. If you try relaunching Cornerstone, the launcher force closes and Cornerstone never comes back up.
- Some WiFi issues. The notification bar shows me connected to a network that is well out of range and I cannot connect to a new network. I have to keep toggling WiFi on/off and I am eventually able to connect to another network.
- Stock live wallpapers do not size correctly - extremely zoomed in. For some reason, third party wallpapers work just fine.
- Lockscreen works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't

In addition to these problems, which are more of an inconvenience than catastrophic issues, here are some things that may be reported as "issues", but are not truly issues:
- the density of the main screen changes when Cornerstone windows are showing. Apps at the extreme right and left edges of the home screen will not show when the two extra windows are showing, but will show in full screen mode.
- if an app is coded as strictly a tablet app without resizing, it cannot run in the small windows, only the main panel.
- you can only run one instance of an app

EDIT: It looks like some of the clock/wifi issues were fixed by reflashing Cornerstone and GApps without wiping cache.

Last edited:

mosamjc

Nov 7, 2007
is anyone else's headphone jack not working now under the EOS Cornerstone nightly 1? Audio is playing for me through the speakers and only the speakers.

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

Reactions: double1

Ghost-of-the-Sun

Jan 6, 2012
I flashed the wingray nightly and I didn't have any problem till now!

The limit of only one instance for each app can be a little annoying but not a real problem.
If I won't find serious bugs this will be my daily :D

RobBull69

Oct 9, 2009
Chicago
My headphones were working fine this morning when I was watching the Rum Diary on the train. I'll try to test with more apps later.

Edit: Confirmed, my headphones work across the board. Maybe a wipe and reflash is in order fir those having issues.

Last edited:

Alxoom33

May 18, 2011
New York
www.sack-ip.com
Google Pixel Tablet
Installed over build #78. Working well, with the issues already mentioned. I will use it for a while and see what I think.

Team EOS does such a stellar job...we are really on the cutting edge.

On edit: the wingray Cornerstone build is a bit too unstable to use as a daily driver, but I can see that it is really coming along.
I agree, but still, a very cool app with a lot of potential. Knocks out my Calender and gmail Widgets and apps. Force close problems. Would like to get window switching back. Uninstalled, until next update.

johnny0911

Nov 1, 2010
Michigan
I agree, but still, a very cool app with a lot of potential. Knocks out my Calender and gmail Widgets and apps. Force close problems. Would like to get window switching back. Uninstalled, until next update.

I have been running cornerstone 1 over build 64 with no issues what so ever. Here's what I did when flashing from build 60. Flashed 64, flashed gapps 10.5, wiped cache and dev cache, rebooted. After reboot, rebooted back into recovery and flashed conerstone 1 and gapps10.5, wiped again rebooted and everything is working flawlessly. It is running extremely well with the kuma kernal by rogue. What I have found is if you are having issues with cornerstone just reflash it with gapps and it will usually fix the issue.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: okantomi

p1rate7

May 23, 2009
Chilliwack
I tried conerstone-2 and it worked OK for the most part but the HDMI interface did not move audio to the TV and left the output on the built in speakers. I will give the next release another look as I believe that it has advantages.

okantomi

Feb 20, 2011
Boston, MA
I tried conerstone-2 and it worked OK for the most part but the HDMI interface did not move audio to the TV and left the output on the built in speakers. I will give the next release another look as I believe that it has advantages.

Is anyone else having difficulty downloading the 2.0 rom?

Top Liked Posts