[ROM] MIUI.us v4 ICS 4G WiMax working

Search This thread

treyxazn

Feb 8, 2008
Boston, MA
Its only when its over 160 characters. We need to fix the mms apk. Sorry, we've got a lot to do. I think I may start this particular port over with the fascinate.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

No no don't be sorry at all I'm looking forward to it, sorry I had not realized the error was in the texts being over 160 characters. I just didnt search the posts throughly so I apologize but looking forward to the update man.

sonarchist

Mar 27, 2011
Washington, DC
This is what I'm showing so far =
DL was swift 4 both miui.gapps as well as miui; from total wipe, flashed both files:
Phone = chk (no rOd)
Sms = *edit > default mms app missing (will DL gosms)
Camera = chk (settings, pic, social media icons are fine)
Video = chk (720 HDvideo, w/ 1 sec tearing fr playback)
Email = chk
4g = chk
3g = chk (has 1x w/ bars showing data)

Also, was able to DL xda app to post miui findings thus far.........fyi: was running a clean install of CM9beta3 + CWM5.5.0.4 before flashing.
***edit: monday nite > ODIN'd EL30/victory.tar, + FC09 ota quickly loaded/installed.......ODIN'd CWM5.0.2.7, flashed CM9beta3, Play Store installed my apps.........:)
***thnx to EpicMiuiTeam, this evening created nandroid, + here we are!.........added details, may be helpful to others ;)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: darklichny

jdee323

Dec 20, 2011
los angeles
This is what I'm showing so far =
DL was swift 4 both miui.gapps as well as miui; from total wipe, flashed both files:
Phone = chk (no rOd)
Sms = chk. (fine as is, have not DL'd gosms)
Camera = chk (settings, pic, social media icons are fine)
Video = chk (720 HDvideo, w/ 1 sec tearing fr playback)
Email = chk
4g = chk
3g = chk (has 1 w/ bars showing data)

Also, was able to DL xda app to post miui findings thus far.........fyi: was running a clean install of CM9beta3 + CWM5.5.0.4 before flashing.
***edit: monday nite > ODIN'd EL30/victory.tar, + FC09 ota quickly loaded/installed.......ODIN'd CWM5.0.2.7, flashed CM9beta3, Play Store installed my apps.........:)
***thnx to EpicMiuiTeam, this evening created nandroid, + here we are!.........added details, may be helpful to others ;)

Same here for me although im coming from the previous miui build after just wiping cache and dalvik. The only odd thing i noticed is that the default mms app was gone. I installed gosms and so far everything's fine.

sonarchist

Mar 27, 2011
Washington, DC
Same here for me although im coming from the previous miui build after just wiping cache and dalvik. The only odd thing i noticed is that the default mms app was gone. I installed gosms and so far everything's fine.

Correct, default mms app IS absent.........my bad, sent myself a bevy of emails + texts from a friends device, some of these relayed + showed differently...........good for you for staying w/ the last build...........am off to install gosms ha ha ;)

*edit = guys, bbelos has released update 'shadowkernel 6.3.1', am posting early confirmation: OK on miui-2.5.18 from FC09, may NOT be ok on other firmwares.....also: you MUST have VoodooControl (aka Voodoo Sound from Play Store) installed to control green gamma (yuk! :( )
**yup, not withholding judgement either, but this 2.5.18build is running strong + steady.....no hiccups after 2 hrs, will see what tomorrow may bring ;)

Last edited:

lmsomb

May 2, 2010
Union City
Correct, default mms app IS absent.........my bad, sent myself a bevy of emails + texts from a friends device, some of these relayed + showed differently...........good for you for staying w/ the last build...........am off to install gosms ha ha ;)

*edit = guys, bbelos has released update 'shadowkernel 6.3.1', am posting early confirmation: OK on miui-2.5.18 from FC09, may not be ok on other firmwares.....don't know.
**yup, not withholding judgement either, but this 2.5.18build is running strong + steady.....no hiccups after 2 hrs, will see what tomorrow may bring ;)

I do have the SMS app...everything is working fine... will try some pictures messages later
Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

darklichny

Dec 27, 2011
NYC
I will try to fix the messaging tonight, just wanted to get this fix up asap so we didn't leave anyone hanging on the borked rom

Dps, I recommend a complete wipe, cheap fix, install titanium backup and clear data on camera... I found the only issue with camera is the led does not work atm... will look into it

Last edited:
Reactions: Death259

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
No no don't be sorry at all I'm looking forward to it, sorry I had not realized the error was in the texts being over 160 characters. I just didnt search the posts throughly so I apologize but looking forward to the update man.

No worries. I'll try to fix that and mms over wifi and mms in general today. Are there any other issues besides the camera one you guys are having?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

dps33

Oct 4, 2008
Saginaw
I will try to fix the messaging tonight, just wanted to get this fix up asap so we didn't leave anyone hanging on the borked rom

Dps, I recommend a complete wipe, cheap fix, install titanium backup and clear data on camera... I found the only issue with camera is the led does not work atm... will look into it

Thanks for response, I had a clean install after factory reset. Even after that I did go to app manager and clear data and force stop the Camera app. Still did not work. So I took you advise and already had Titanium backup. Used that to wipe Camera data and reboot fixed the Camera issue. Did not have to redo complete wipe. What is LED issue?
Others ahve SMS but I just do not even see the APP, is that comes from GAPPS?
Regarding Contacts, I may have bad export from CM9?? I will delete all those old vcf files and export from MIUI and rei-mport to see teh resutls. But MIUI Contacts app does not have common Groups? Is that the reason Import does not populate or create Groups from stored VCF file.Is dockbar on home screen supposed to ahve only 3 ICONS?

lmsomb

May 2, 2010
Union City
Thanks for response, I had a clean install after factory reset. Even after that I did go to app manager and clear data and force stop the Camera app. Still did not work. So I took you advise and already had Titanium backup. Used that to wipe Camera data and reboot fixed the Camera issue. Did not have to redo complete wipe. What is LED issue?
Others ahve SMS but I just do not even see the APP, is that comes from GAPPS?
Regarding Contacts, I may have bad export from CM9?? I will delete all those old vcf files and export from MIUI and rei-mport to see teh resutls. But MIUI Contacts app does not have common Groups? Is that the reason Import does not populate or create Groups from stored VCF file.Is dockbar on home screen supposed to ahve only 3 ICONS?

The led issue might be that the camera flash doesn't work. Switch between auto flash and off and back and that should fix it as mine is working.
The sms app probably does come from the gapps provided in the latest link. Why don't u use google to store your contacts? I'm not sure about groups may be is something you have to set up in your gmail with your pc. My dock bar has 4 icons. I guess the one you are missing is the sms app.

omair2005

Jul 26, 2007
No worries. I'll try to fix that and mms over wifi and mms in general today. Are there any other issues besides the camera one you guys are having?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

V6 services patched, torch if possible, build.prop/init.d tweaks

Last edited:

dps33

Oct 4, 2008
Saginaw
The led issue might be that the camera flash doesn't work. Switch between auto flash and off and back and that should fix it as mine is working.
The sms app probably does come from the gapps provided in the latest link. Why don't u use google to store your contacts? I'm not sure about groups may be is something you have to set up in your gmail with your pc. My dock bar has 4 icons. I guess the one you are missing is the sms app.

My flash is working fine, once the Camera issue was resolved.
I downloaded and used gapps from suggested miui.gapps. And may be doe snot ahve SMS ?? Should I update from gapps from CM9?
I will try Google for storing contacts.
I am missing SMS app.
Another issue i just found: I am not gettign and Voice mails and notification. I was told then I called from another phone to leave me a VM and nothing. I tried to hold key 1 to go to VM and I am getting *86 dialed and message "the feature code is not valid".

omair2005

Jul 26, 2007
I downloaded and used gapps from suggested miui.gapps. And may be doe snot ahve SMS ?? Should I update from gapps from CM9?
I am missing SMS app.
Another issue i just found: I am not gettign and Voice mails and notification. I was told then I called from another phone to leave me a VM and nothing. I tried to hold key 1 to go to VM and I am getting *86 dialed and message "the feature code is not valid".

You have to change that to your number. I think it's under settings, or if you open the dialer, hit menu setting

lmsomb

May 2, 2010
Union City
I am missing SMS app.

Did you flash this one? MIUI_gapps_2_4_27.zip

dps33

Oct 4, 2008
Saginaw
Did you flash this one? MIUI_gapps_2_4_27.zip

Yes. And did not get SMS either. I tried again and paid attention, it only installs Gmail, GTALk and Play store.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Thanks, That did it. May be it should be considered to add all this in ROM to make it complete.

Last edited:

omair2005

Jul 26, 2007
Yes. And did not get SMS either. I tried again and paid attention, it only installs Gmail, GTALk and Play store.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Thanks, That did it. May be it should be considered to add all this in ROM to make it complete.

i did request couple post up..

Death259

Nov 15, 2010
Yes. And did not get SMS either.

To fix SMS in the mean time just use goSMS from the google play store. Darklichny is working hard to get this all fixed.

As for including the voicemail app, I would think we wouldn't want to include it, since not everyone wants it and from what i've read, A LOT of people don't like it. It's easy enough to have as an addon and once darklichny finishes his latest awesome creation, then I will update my installer/customizer to have the VM app as an option. That way we can keep a clean MIUI.

Full Instructions to change VM#:
  1. Open the Phone app
  2. Hit the menu button and go to settings
  3. Scroll to the bottom and open "Voicemail settings"
  4. Choose "Voicemail settings" again
  5. Change the "Voicemail number"

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    miuiuslogo.png

MIUI.us and TeamKangBang (Epic4GPortTeam) Present
    MIUI ICS v4
    Samsung Epic 4G

Join us and watch the team work through bugs and see updates happening right in front of your eyes!
    MIUI Google Doc

Downloads

http://roms.miui.us

SCREENSHOTS

NOTE: Nobody is responsible for anything that happens as a result of you flashing this. We will try to help to our fullest extent but cannot promise anything.

If you use a kernel, mod, or theme that is not included in this ROM, do not come to this thread to complain. Once you flash a mod, kernel, or theme, you are no longer using MIUI.us

What Doesn't Work
    Nothing

What Works
    Themes
    Facebook sync
    v6 supercharger (you still have to run the script yourself)
    No phantom vm!
    Phone service (Fascinate MIUI porters & Epic CM team & darkierawr & marcusant)
    Physical keyboard and software keyboard (G2 MIUI devs & marcusant & xboxfanj & xBTx & CM team & Aluminous)
    Accelerometer (Epic CM team)
    Multi touch (Epic CM team)
    GPS (Epic CM team)
    SMS and MMS (darkierawr)
    Camera (Epic CM team)
    Video recording (Epic CM team)
    Everything else I forgot (Epic CM team, Samsung, Google, MIUI team, Nexus S MIUI porters, Fascinate MIUI porters, xboxfanj, marcusant, darkierawr, xBTx, etc.)
    4G WiMax (rlasalle15, blind, JAfterdark, |0xD34D|, darklichny, xboxfanj
    Everything

If you find a bug, please run "adb logcat > logcat.txt" and attach the logcat with a detailed explanation on how to reproduce the bug in question.

.​
    CHANGELOG​

Since A1/2
    Updated to miui 2.3.16
    Updated to CM9 B0
    Updated kernel to one compiled with noobnl's display fixes
    New lockscreen
    New gallery
    Themes fixed
    USB storage quickfix until we can fix it completely
    Switch to MIUI.us
    Updated GAPPS
    Re-added v6 supercharger fix
    Added facebook sync fix
    Added phantom VM fix (we think)
    More
    I'm going to release the build tonight most likely, barring any unforeseen bugs.
    MIUI.us 2.6.8...

Good day everyone, I present you with MIUI.US v4 Version 2.6.8

First things first:
    AGAIN, Please be sure to thank ALL of the following Devs for their efforts on getting this rom to the point it is now:
    Special thanks to Scott951, BigRushDog, |0xD34D|, Blind, RLasalle15, xboxfanj, Jafterdark, Death259, Marcusant and many more!!

MIUI.us 2.6.8 Patch Notes: 2.6.8 Patch Notes

Installation Instructions:
    Perform a FULL wipe if you aren't on a previous build...
    Download rom here:Miui 2.6.8
    I personally ALWAYS wipe before an install, but if you choose to flash over another build, be aware there may be data issues, if this happens, WIPE and reflash fresh

What works:
    Lockscreen music works correctly (Play, Pause, Previous/Next track, etc..)
    Proper reboot menu (Normal, Recovery, Hot Boot)
    3G working from fresh install correctly
    4G connects and stays connected
    MMS works, SMS works, but SMS SPLIT does not...
    USB storage working (UMS app)
    GPS working

WHAT DOESN'T WORK (yet):
    miui toolbox to change bar settings (Still working on it)

About the kernel:
    This rom has Nyan Kernel v5 in it:
    info here: Nyan Kernel v5 {With Voodoo}...

If you do not want the TWRP recovery (which is the default), use this zip to flash and remove it:
    http://marcusant.com/android/epic/restore-cwm.zip

Below you see some screens of the new music app, etc...
    Screenshot_2012-06-06-21-37-09.png
    Screenshot_2012-06-06-21-38-19.png
    Screenshot_2012-06-06-21-38-39.png
    screenshot2012053020433.png
    screenshot2012060922073.png

once upon a time... lots of hard working developers came up with the idea that 4g could work on miui...

Marcusant repeatedly smashed several faces into his keyboard
    Rlasalle15 went thru 100 cases of jolt cola, xbox dug some friends out from under his porch, death never sleeps anyhow

attachment.php

attachment.php

Special thanks to rlasalle15, blind, |0xD34D| and Jafterdark for wimax

Here you go:
    http://min.us/mppPVE3Cb