Bionic JB Update File 98.72.22

Search This thread

neo1738

Nov 24, 2010
Hey everyone, here is the Bionic JB Update file.
Steps for those that don't know.

1) You can be rooted an install this. Please use OTA Rootkeeper and protect root before install. It is not necessary to "temp unroot."

2) If you have SS or BS recovery installed that needs to be uninstalled. Simply open the app and click "uninstall recovery." You do not have to delete the app just remove the recovery. You can NOT install this using custom recovery as far as I know, uninstall using stock rom --> SS (or BS) app and click "uninstall recovery"

3) Download the file, then load onto the root of the external SD card.

4) Boot into stock recovery:

To get into stock recovery hold both volume keys while holding power on. Use volume down to scroll through options then volume up (or power button tap can't remember) to select. If you get red triangle don't worry, just hit both volume keys again you should get recovery menu.

5) Select update from .zip, find the Blur.....875.zip you downloaded to the root of SD card and select update from that.

6) Enjoy official JB support.

Install errors

If you get failed to install side load error 7 or similar you most likely have one of these problems.

1) Edited build.prop previously --> Fix: Get stock build prop (future reference: Always keep copies of anything you change!)
2) You are trying to install over custom recovery or on top of a stock rom but on a custom recovery partition --> Fix: Wipe partitions, reboot into stock, open SS or BS and click "uninstall custom recovery"
3) You froze or removed system apps including bloatware--> Fix: Replace stock apps or unfreeze them.

P.S. Large update it's over 300 mbs. And for those that say "it's only .246" Motorola calls the new update what you are upgrading FROM not to.

Original Link: REMOVED SO I CAN USE DROP BOX AGAIN

UPDATED LINK 2: http://mikecheat.com/Bionic_JB_98.72.22.zip Thank you to mikecheat04 for this direct download link! Fastest link as of yet, hosted on private server.

UPDATED LINK 3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kntdddlgisidsxt/Blur_Version.6.7.246.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip Thank you to ChevyNovaLN!

UPDATED LINK 4: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_2pChWglwHMdkNlTHpLRGdwbTQ/edit?usp=sharing Thank you to guitsol93!

UPDATED LINK 5: http://www.mediacoronline.com/bionic_jb_987222.html Thank you PeterbDowell1967!

If you see someone who helped share this please give them a "thanks".

We have enough direct and bit torrent files. Thank you to those that submitted!

Bit Torrent: Please see attachment.

Attachments

• Blur_Version.6.7.246.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip.torrent
    13 KB · Views: 4,036
Last edited:

SCFirefighter

Oct 14, 2012
Before/After

-- Signature expired.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366034698052.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366034698052.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 2,974
  • uploadfromtaptalk1366034723968.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366034723968.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 7,229

un1ocked

Sep 24, 2011
This jb rom is rootable?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app

podspi

Jul 6, 2011
Chicago
Worked great! I wonder if the Bionic will get an upgrade to 4.2 or not...

FYI: For some reason I lost root, even with OTA Rootkeeper installed and with root protected. Not sure why.

kivo360

Dec 8, 2012
I move it to the external sd card, but I'm not getting a pop up window. Now I am sad on the inside. I cant get that jelly bean goodness.

Last edited:

neo1738

Nov 24, 2010
Is this the official update?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda app-developers app

Yes it is, I will try to upload to Drive. Those who download please reupload to your own drive/box etc accounts so everyone can have. Bandwidth regulations for these sights means only a handful of people can get each link.

tring17

Apr 15, 2013
did you reboot the phone? have to reboot after moving it to external SD

I downloaded the update unzipped it then created a folder on my SD card called SD-ext then copied the files into that folder and rebooted, but my Bionic just boots normal. Why does it not recognize the update?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone, here is the Bionic JB Update file.
    Steps for those that don't know.

1) You can be rooted an install this. Please use OTA Rootkeeper and protect root before install. It is not necessary to "temp unroot."

2) If you have SS or BS recovery installed that needs to be uninstalled. Simply open the app and click "uninstall recovery." You do not have to delete the app just remove the recovery. You can NOT install this using custom recovery as far as I know, uninstall using stock rom --> SS (or BS) app and click "uninstall recovery"

3) Download the file, then load onto the root of the external SD card.

4) Boot into stock recovery:

To get into stock recovery hold both volume keys while holding power on. Use volume down to scroll through options then volume up (or power button tap can't remember) to select. If you get red triangle don't worry, just hit both volume keys again you should get recovery menu.

5) Select update from .zip, find the Blur.....875.zip you downloaded to the root of SD card and select update from that.

6) Enjoy official JB support.

Install errors

If you get failed to install side load error 7 or similar you most likely have one of these problems.

1) Edited build.prop previously --> Fix: Get stock build prop (future reference: Always keep copies of anything you change!)
    2) You are trying to install over custom recovery or on top of a stock rom but on a custom recovery partition --> Fix: Wipe partitions, reboot into stock, open SS or BS and click "uninstall custom recovery"
    3) You froze or removed system apps including bloatware--> Fix: Replace stock apps or unfreeze them.

P.S. Large update it's over 300 mbs. And for those that say "it's only .246" Motorola calls the new update what you are upgrading FROM not to.

Original Link: REMOVED SO I CAN USE DROP BOX AGAIN

UPDATED LINK 2: http://mikecheat.com/Bionic_JB_98.72.22.zip Thank you to mikecheat04 for this direct download link! Fastest link as of yet, hosted on private server.

UPDATED LINK 3: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kntdddlgisidsxt/Blur_Version.6.7.246.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip Thank you to ChevyNovaLN!

UPDATED LINK 4: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_2pChWglwHMdkNlTHpLRGdwbTQ/edit?usp=sharing Thank you to guitsol93!

UPDATED LINK 5: http://www.mediacoronline.com/bionic_jb_987222.html Thank you PeterbDowell1967!

If you see someone who helped share this please give them a "thanks".

We have enough direct and bit torrent files. Thank you to those that submitted!

Bit Torrent: Please see attachment.
    Another download link

I'm hosting the files on one of my companies non-production servers. It doesn't have any limits that I know of but see if you can find one, if you break it I'll send you a bill :p

http://cptel.me/mikestuff/Bionic_JB_98.72.22.zip

PS. I've installed the update on my Bionic without issue. I'll use as I always have a report back with any issues. So far it does seem more responsive.

Thank you for sharing this file!

EDIT:
    Feel free to add it to the OP
    downloaded but I can't seem to get it to flash
    Turn your phone on, pull the battery. Do that 4 times and then, after booting your phone for the 5th time hold the search button while you go to the toilet.
    If that doesn't work, please let us know what error you get so we can take it from there.
    Good luck!
    Great OS, Missing Pieces.

Hello Everybody,

Thank you very, very, much goes out to the people who made this update possible, long before Verizon would have gotten it to my phone. I copied the information to my External SD card, booted the Android Menu, and went right to installing/flashing the update. Everything worked out perfectly, no issues, no error messages, so I know it's the correct update. After installing, wiping cache, and factory resetting I dove right into the new OS.

Sadly there are a few things missing. The new "OmniBox" is no where to be seen. It's just the same "Google Search" widget, only white colored rather than black. I really like the Omnibox and being able to search from any home screen. You still can't customize your lock screen, which means you get the same 4 standard icons to unlock into. I can't unlock directly into Google Now, which means no access to Google Now from the Lockscreen, kind of pointless if I still have to unlock my phone to perform a simple search, or to get to the calculator that I use most often. The notification are isn't nearly as updated as they said it would be. I should be able to have power settings, wifi settings, sound settings, etc...right in the display area. Still have to open notification, click settings icon, then find the settings to change.

The new JB is absolutely faster and smoother than ICS. The swiping between screens is noticeably better than before. I love the new notification menu that allows me to respond to messages from my lock screen. There are plenty of new goodies in the camera, including a new ugly icon that makes it look like a brown suitcase, or a camera from the early 1900's, I haven't decided which yet. I haven't had a chance to test out the supposed fixes in signal issues/quality, or the 4GLTE/3G/Wifi handling that was said to improve in this update, mainly because it's the first day.

Pros: Faster, noticeably faster, Smoother transitions, load times are quicker, responding to messages from Notification drop down makes using a little easier.

Cons: None of the "Eye Candy" supposedly included in JellyBean such as the "Omnibox", "PhotoSphere", No Custom Lockscreens, no new "Smart Keyboard" to replace "Swype" like they said was going to happen, sad because I preferred that keyboard over Swype. No direct access to Google Now from Lockscreen, no "Lockscreen Wallpaper" vs "Homescreen Wallpaper".

Bottom Line: A little faster, same old ugly screens, no way to customize your phone, still looks like the same ICS, only a little faster and more responsive. IMHO I think we waited to long for almost nothing, barely any improvements overall.

I hope this post will shed some light on the update we're getting. I want people to know what they're actually getting before they make the leap into this update. I'm seriously hoping they will push an update to JB 4.2 since it's technically a JB build and they should support JB fully, not just give us half an OS. I will continue to monitor the workings of the phone over the next couple of months before deciding if I should buy a new phone or not.

Please let me know what your thoughts are on this new OS update.

Best Regards,
    CAMarsh1987