Touchwiz spell check mod jb,ics

Search This thread

primitive.A

Mar 4, 2008
pretoria
as many of u know. touchwiz roms dont include spell checking
(the red line underneath miss spelled words like found on nokiia,blacknerry,iphone and cm based roms)

i think i came across a fix for this,

the files that has 2 be changed are the following 2.

Secsettings.apk & framework2.jar

--or you can backup your device and replace the 2 files with files attached in 2nd post

--or you can flash the zip file in 2nd post (please backup and confirm if it works on your device

as member iT iS Me states he did the following

For me Spell Checking option is very important and I like using it in CM roms. However, our NOTE is more productive with Stock roms. I searched a lot to find a way to enable the option. Unfortunately, there was no 100% clear guidance but I could manage to get it. Thanks to everyone helped.

You need to decompile Secsettings.apk & framework2.jar.

In SecSettings, open the file "res\xml\language_settings.xml" and look for:

Code:
<PreferenceScreen android:title="@string/phone_language" android:key="phone_language" android:fragment="com.android.settings.LocalePicker" />

add new line and paste the following:

Code:
<com.android.settings.inputmethod.SpellCheckersPreference android:title="@string/spellcheckers_settings_title" android:key="spellcheckers_settings" />

In framework2.jar, open the file "smali\android\widget\TextView.smali" and look for:

Code:
.method public isSuggestionsEnabled()Z
    .locals 1

.prologue
    .line 8464
    [COLOR="Red"][B]const/4 v0, 0x0[/B][/COLOR]

return v0
.end method

Change the highlighted to:

Code:
    .locals 1

.prologue
    .line 8464
[COLOR="Red"][B]    const/4 v0, 0x1[/B][/COLOR]

return v0
.end method

That is all and enjoy.

NOTE: It works with Google Keyboard or alternatives.

--or you can backup your device and replace the 2 files with files attached in 2nd post

--or you can flash the zip file in 2nd post (please backup and confirm if it works on your device)

Last edited:
Reactions: tkari4 and heyjoe66

SSThing

Jan 16, 2012
I tried this on my Galaxy Note 10.1 running stock UK ma5 ROM, it kind of worked in some apps, red underline appeared, but I lost access to my "settings" panel and it also installed something called mobihotspot(?) Which I was unable to remove.

primitive.A

Mar 4, 2008
pretoria
when u say u lost access to settings panel, does it mean it force closes when u open it, or doesnt it appear anymore? ur gonna have to take ur original note10.1 files and edit them urself. not use the files i supplied here?

Reactions: heyjoe66

zviki

Dec 30, 2008
Maribor
Do I need active internet connection for this?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

spyder91

Mar 10, 2010
Any ideas if this solution works also on the Galaxy S 4?

I did not try the flashable file, but doing this manually worked on my VZW Galaxy S4 running JellyBeans build 6 (deodexed ROM).

*Edit*
This also adds spell checking to chrome's address bar, and presumably other text fields that do not normally have it. For me, that is only a minor annoyance and is greatly outweighed by the addition of spell check. Just an FYI.

Last edited:

moaaz13

Nov 5, 2013
dropbox link is not working

Dear many thanks for your important subject please please please provide me with zip file to flash it as i tried to do manually but it did't work
Thanks regards,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    as many of u know. touchwiz roms dont include spell checking
    (the red line underneath miss spelled words like found on nokiia,blacknerry,iphone and cm based roms)

i think i came across a fix for this,

the files that has 2 be changed are the following 2.

Secsettings.apk & framework2.jar

--or you can flash the zip file in 2nd post (please backup and confirm if it works on your device

as member iT iS Me states he did the following

For me Spell Checking option is very important and I like using it in CM roms. However, our NOTE is more productive with Stock roms. I searched a lot to find a way to enable the option. Unfortunately, there was no 100% clear guidance but I could manage to get it. Thanks to everyone helped.

You need to decompile Secsettings.apk & framework2.jar.

In SecSettings, open the file "res\xml\language_settings.xml" and look for:

Code:
    <PreferenceScreen android:title="@string/phone_language" android:key="phone_language" android:fragment="com.android.settings.LocalePicker" />

add new line and paste the following:

Code:
    <com.android.settings.inputmethod.SpellCheckersPreference android:title="@string/spellcheckers_settings_title" android:key="spellcheckers_settings" />

In framework2.jar, open the file "smali\android\widget\TextView.smali" and look for:

Code:
        .locals 1

.prologue
        .line 8464
        [COLOR="Red"][B]const/4 v0, 0x0[/B][/COLOR]

return v0
    .end method

Change the highlighted to:

Code:
        .locals 1

.prologue
        .line 8464
    [COLOR="Red"][B]    const/4 v0, 0x1[/B][/COLOR]

return v0
    .end method

That is all and enjoy.

NOTE: It works with Google Keyboard or alternatives.

--or you can flash the zip file in 2nd post (please backup and confirm if it works on your device)
    No

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Obviously, you are not going to help me. I am sorry that it has been such a big inconvience for you that I contacted you. In the future, maybe you should think about getting some people skills if you are going to be posting in forums where people might have questions.
    when u say u lost access to settings panel, does it mean it force closes when u open it, or doesnt it appear anymore? ur gonna have to take ur original note10.1 files and edit them urself. not use the files i supplied here?
    If this could be an xposed module that would be awesome.