[Q] unlocking to change providers

Search This thread

sandiegosex

Jan 30, 2014
san diego
i just rooted and unlocked my sprint evo 4g lte. esn is likely going to come up bad as i failed to satisfy sprints commitment. is it possible to flash now to cricket and work or is the phone absolutely worthless now?

mvmacd

Nov 2, 2010
Massachusetts
i just rooted and unlocked my sprint evo 4g lte. esn is likely going to come up bad as i failed to satisfy sprints commitment. is it possible to flash now to cricket and work or is the phone absolutely worthless now?

I believe cricket uses Sprint, so I doubt you can use a bad Sprint ESN on cricket, but I could be wrong.

However, I just bought a bad esn Evo 4G LTE on craigslist, was planning on using it as a wifi device.
Then I found this guide:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1838606

I currently had PagePlus [Verizon MVNO] and was on a HTC Rezound that I'd manually programmed [from another xda guide just like that except for the Rez] in November '12. So I figured, hey, why not give it a shot? time for an upgrade. It's a superior device in most respects, though I have found a few issues my Rez didn't have. [Headphone jack seems to give static while using wifi]

So anyway, long story short, it took me half a day to get the Stock rom back on [you should be able to find my post in the Q&A near the top. lol] so I could program it with CDMA Workshop, and QPST.

But the bottom line: My bad esn Evo 4G LTE phone is now happily running on PagePlus, which has some pretty good plans.
I just run on the pay as you go plan [10c min/5c text] because I only use my phone occasionally, but they have $30/month with 2000 Min, 3000 Text, 500 MB data. [You might only have 1X speeds, I'm not sure because I haven't tested my data as it charges $0.99/MB].
gl!