[Q] OTA Upgrade to Sense 5.5 Android 4.4.2

Search This thread

brazilianoob

Oct 26, 2011
Hi,
I'm running sense 5.5 android 4.3 version 3.63.707.3, firm, rooted, CWMR, s-on.
I'm able to download the 4.20.707.6 OTA update, but can't install it. Flashing the stock recovery will fix it?
Thx.

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hi,
I'm able to download the 4.20.707.6 OTA update, but can't install it. Flashing the stock recovery will fix it?
Thx.

yes lol as we said in the other thread you posted in. I posted you the stock recovery for your version there. your recovery here

save it to your adb/fastboot folder
boot your phone in bootloader mode and select fastboot

Code:
fastboot flash recovery <name_of_file>.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot-bootloader

You will probably loose root ,you will need to root your phone again after ota's

Last edited:
Reactions: brazilianoob

brazilianoob

Oct 26, 2011
yes lol as we said in the other thread you posted in. I posted you the stock recovery for your version there. your recovery here

Code:
fastboot erase cache

You will probably loose root ,you will need to root your phone again after ota's

Sorry, bro, didn't see it. :p
I wasn't sure if it was off topic so created this thread
Thx for the help, hopefully will work.

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Reactions: brazilianoob

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    Thx.

Code:
    fastboot erase cache

ok, will do. I asked another question on the other topic, if you could answer it too, i'd appreciate it

Since I'm able to download the OTA update file, shouldn't I be able to extract the recovery from the file? Flashing it would that be safer?

You should use that one I linked above. Easy to flash.
    Worked just fine, man. Thx again! :good:
    I have another question, though. Which custom recovery do you recommend? I had CWMR, but reading the forum I noticed a lot of people using TWRP.

I recommend latest twrp recovery (either 2.6.6.3 or 2.6.6.4) which is required to flash 4.4 roms