Which S5 to go with for AT&T?

Search This thread

MattMJB0188

Apr 30, 2011
http://www.expansys-usa.com/samsung-galaxy-s5-usa-lte-unlocked-16gb-black-260522/

I didn't think the Exynos version supported USA LTE? Expansys also says is has an Exynos processor and a Qualcomm chip? Can anyone clarify this phone? I am interested in purchasing it, I just want to know if supports AT&T LTE?

Which phone do you guys recommend for AT&T? Returned my AT&T S5 today after coming to the conclusion that $700 isn't worth it for a carrier locked down phone.

Last edited:

sshark

Sep 17, 2008
Qualcomm chips would support US LTE bands.

Stick to Qualcomm version.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

wdkingery

Nov 13, 2006
the one you want is a tmobile phone. G900T. it will work with ATT LTE, doesn't have a locked bootloader.

the problem is if you walk into a Tmobile store and buy one, they will make you wait 40 days before they give you the unlock code.

you could buy the sim unlock at swiftunlock, but now you are up over $800 for the phone; Tmo wants $690 plus this and that, and tax = $765. Plus $25 to unlock = $790.

$800 was to much for me to pull the trigger.

But you can then have an unlocked, flashable, LTE capable phone.

The last thing you might need would be region away from @Chainfire if you intend to travel abroad and use local sim cards upon arrival.

This last step is the one I'm waiting on; the region away. not sure if we'll see it. i hate to be a bother and ask.. i think he said he was on vacation for a month or something

Reactions: MattMJB0188

MattMJB0188

Apr 30, 2011
the one you want is a tmobile phone. G900T. it will work with ATT LTE, doesn't have a locked bootloader.

the problem is if you walk into a Tmobile store and buy one, they will make you wait 40 days before they give you the unlock code.

you could buy the sim unlock at swiftunlock, but now you are up over $800 for the phone; Tmo wants $690 plus this and that, and tax = $765. Plus $25 to unlock = $790.

The last thing you might need would be region away from @Chainfire if you intend to travel abroad and use local sim cards upon arrival.

This last step is the one I'm waiting on; the region away. not sure if we'll see it. i hate to be a bother and ask.. i think he said he was on vacation for a month or something

Appreciate your input. I'm actually considering just switching to T-Mobile. The galaxy phones play much more nicely with their service compared to iPhones. AT&T's system switched me off my grandfathered data plan yesterday, so I'm not exactly liking them at the moment.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.