[Q] G900F touchscreen not responding to touch

Search This thread

klarki81

Aug 11, 2014
Hi!

I got this damaged G900F S5 today and it's not responding to touch. I'm trying to repair it.

The download mode works and the recovery mode works as well.

I tried upgrading the firmware and tried flashing a PDA file. The process worked but the screen is still unresponsive.

The screen supposedly went dead after a failed update from kies.

Could you please help me with any advice?

Thanks!

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Hi!

I got this damaged G900F S5 today and it's not responding to touch. I'm trying to repair it.

The download mode works and the recovery mode works as well.

I tried upgrading the firmware and tried flashing a PDA file. The process worked but the screen is still unresponsive.

The screen supposedly went dead after a failed update from kies.

Could you please help me with any advice?

Thanks!

As you can enter downloadmode try to flash a stock rom with Odin and data factory reset afterwards. If that doesn`t help you may have to send it in for repair.

-Edit- oeps missread/missed about flashing firmware.

Last edited:

klarki81

Aug 11, 2014
ok I think I know what's wrong with the phone. The waterdamage stickers from the battery and from underneath the battery are missing (gluemarks left) I guess this phone needs a new digitizer, am I right?

bnight

Nov 26, 2010
Sofia
I had same problem with my G900F from time to time when the screen is wet the screen not receive touches. But it`s random when you dry the screen it worked out ok. You could try to put the phone in a jar full of rice so the rice will take the wet off the phone this could help.

nbeebe24

Jun 16, 2009
ok I think I know what's wrong with the phone. The waterdamage stickers from the battery and from underneath the battery are missing (gluemarks left) I guess this phone needs a new digitizer, am I right?

It could be the digitizer it the LCD screen itself. Unless you are extremely careful or know someone who can do the repair, you'll probably need it serviced by a professional. From what I've seen it looks very difficult to separate the digitizer from the LCD, and you may end up breaking both in the process.