[MOD][PORT][09/14][JVR,JVP,JV6,JVH][V2] Galaxy S II Lockscreen Ported to Galaxy S

Search This thread

dhiru1602

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2010
Galaxy S II Lockscreen Ported to I9000 - V1

I have finally ported the simple yet beautiful Galaxy S II Lockscreen to Galaxy S. This MOD is for the Gingerbread 2.3.3 Deodexed ROM.

Features:
1. Original Lockscreen ported from Galaxy S II ROM.
2. Original Lockscreen Clock widget with proper digits
3. Notification Sliding Tabs for Messages and Calls
4. Fully working Media Player Widget with Rewind, Forward, Pause, Play and FF
5. Album art support for Media Player Widget
6. Lockscreen Wallpaper Supported!! Default Wallpaper set to Galaxy S II
7. Lockscreen Wallpaper can be applied to Password Lock, Pin Lock and Pattern Lock.
8. On moving the Lockscreen, the background window could be seen. It is just like how the Lockscreen works in Galaxy S II.
9. Includes Overscroll Glow-Default Color, CRT off Animation and Extended Power menu!:D

Known Issues:
1. Lockscreen Wallpaper can be set, but cannot be unset. This is because the Galaxy S 2 uses a different Gallery Application. To remove the Lockscreen Wallpaper and revert automatically to the default Wallpaper, delete this file
/data/data/com.cooliris.media/files/zzzzzz_lockscreen_wallpaper.jpg
OR

Clear Gallery Data from Settings.

Download:
Deodexed XXJVP - Updated 6/13/2011
http://www.multiupload.com/GFXS9ZW4TI
(Tested with Ramad Stock Deodexed ROM)

Deodexed JPJV6 - Updated 6/08/2011
http://www.multiupload.com/2C3P1JKEW0

Deodexed DDJV6 - Updated 6/02/2011
http://www.multiupload.com/IWAJFVHOXX

Deodexed XWJVH - Updated 5/12/2011
http://www.multiupload.com/1BAXLMNR5E

Installation- DEODEXED ROM ONLY:

Download the CWM package and flash it.
Reboot the phone.
Initial Boot may take sometime, so please be patient.

Version History:
Added V2 version of the Lockscreen. More information about V2 Version is available in the Second Post.

Fixed Reboot and Crash issues with SIM Password.

Added the version for XXJVP - Based on 2.3.4 Framework
Updated the Lockscreen to KE8 Version of Galaxy S II
Made few bug fixes for Pattern Lock Google Account Recovery Screen
Updated the Clock Widget on the Lockscreen. Changed Location
Changed the Date and Time Format for Clock Widget on Lockscreen
Performace is now much faster. The Messaging and Phone application is opening a lot quicker.
Fixed Missing Text for Album Name, Track Name when a Notificiation arrives while playing a Track.

Added the version for JPJV6 - Reworked "Pathetic" framework.

Added the version for DDJP6 - Reworked framework.

Fixed Unlock Sound. (You may replace Unlock.ogg for custom sounds)
Made the Background Window to be shown when the Lockscreen is moved, rather than the Homescreen wallpaper that used to appear in the Initial release.
Added Lockscreen Wallpaper Support for Pattern, Password and Pin Unlock.
Few bug fixes.

Initial Release

READ THIS BEFORE YOU USE THIS MOD
Messing with the system files may make your device unbootable. Proceed with caution and have a backup always. Stop if you don't know what you are doing.
I have made dozens of changes and modifications in the .smali files, hence I am sure there would be some bugs in it. Although I accept no responsibility for your bricked or non functional device, you may post bugs in this topic. I will see to what I can do about it.

Source code will be released soon. My computer is messed up currently with a lot of decoded files here and there. I will post it in few days when I find time.

Screenshots:

sc20110509135052.png
sc20110509133326.png

You may use this MOD however you like, but please give a credit and hit the THANKS button.

Last edited:

dhiru1602

Aug 23, 2010
Galaxy S II Lockscreen - V2

New Lockscreen Features:
  • Latest Lockscreen (XXKH3 Firmware) of Galaxy S II
  • Battery Charging Indication and Low Battery Status on Lockscreen
  • FM Radio Widget fully working with Modded Stock FM App.
  • Changable Clock Position in Settings Menu.
  • Fixed Some Minor bugs from previous MOD
  • Includes Extended Power Menu and Battery Percentage Mod with Blue Overscroll Glow

Screenshots:
sc20110910143812.png

sc20110910143854.png

sc20110910143951.png

Important Note:
This MOD contains Modified services.jar to enable Radio control from the Lockscreen Widget. It may replace the BLN capability on some ROMs.

Download:
Deodexed XXJVR - Updated 9/14/2011
http://www.multiupload.com/WSPOBTU0RK

Deodexed XXJVS - WIP Will be added soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: komsa and Faryaab

pawitp

Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
When you drag the lockscreen, it doesn't show the homescreen underneath. Is that a TW4 launcher specific thing?

LukeSP

Mar 15, 2010
Ratchaburi
dhiru1602, Could you tell me which files is responsible fro Galaxy S2 Lock screen because I don't want to lose my existing theme.

styxx

Nov 12, 2010
Budapest
Works well and looks really nice. I tried it on Supercurio's Voodoo kernel with CWM 2.5 so it works not only with CWM3...

My only problem is that in the videos I have seen from SGS2 this looks very fluid, its slowly moves back into place when you just touch it little and if you push it very quickly it will remove the lockscreen. However for this SGS port, that fluid movement is gone, only plain simple movement, very much like the Glass lockscreen from Samsung. Am I crazy or is this the truth?

Additionally, this removes the battery percentages, so is it a whole theme? Anyway, I flashed back my nice little theme I was using. It's worth a try.

dhiru1602

Aug 23, 2010
My only problem is that in the videos I have seen from SGS2 this looks very fluid, its slowly moves back into place when you just touch it little and if you push it very quickly it will remove the lockscreen. However for this SGS port, that fluid movement is gone, only plain simple movement, very much like the Glass lockscreen from Samsung. Am I crazy or is this the truth?

Additionally, this removes the battery percentages, so is it a whole theme? Anyway, I flashed back my nice little theme I was using. It's worth a try.

There is an important thing to note. The prototype models of Galaxy S II had a different lockscreen. It had the Clock at the center and the lockscreen bounces around when touched or when the screen is switched on.
The retail version of the phone had a different lockscreen (The one that I ported). It consists of additional Sliding Tabs for Notifications for calls and messages.

Many videos of the Galaxy S II out there are of the Prototype versions. ;)

styxx

Nov 12, 2010
Budapest
There is an important thing to note. The prototype models of Galaxy S II had a different lockscreen. It had the Clock at the center and the lockscreen bounces around when touched or when the screen is switched on.
The retail version of the phone had a different lockscreen (The one that I ported). It consists of additional Sliding Tabs for Notifications for calls and messages.

Many videos of the Galaxy S II out there are of the Prototype versions. ;)

Thanks for the clairfication. So there really was a bouncing version and I am not crazy. :) I liked that better :)

dhiru1602

Aug 23, 2010
Thanks for the clairfication. So there really was a bouncing version and I am not crazy. :) I liked that better :)

Yup, I liked it too. I had initially ported the Prototype version. It had a lot of bugs directly from Samsung, which forced me to use the Retail version of the Lockscreen.

Virtualsk

Aug 31, 2010
Pune
Where to donate

Me donate karne ke liye ready hoon buddy :) . Please fixed the above mentioned issue, I will donate today night from netherlands... :) Let me know your donation id or mail.

Looking forward to an update.

Galaxy S II Lockscreen Ported to XWJVH

I have finally ported the simple yet beautiful Galaxy S II Lockscreen to Galaxy S. This MOD is for the Gingerbread 2.3.3 XWJVH Deodexed ROM.

Source code will be released soon. My computer is messed up currently with a lot of decoded files here and there. I will post it in few days when I find time.

Screenshots:

sc20110509135052.png
sc20110509135044.png

sc20110509135036.png
sc20110509133326.png

You may use this MOD however you like, but please give a credit and hit the THANKS button. Also, PLEASE PLEASE CONSIDER A DONATION IF YOU LIKE MY WORK. I HAD SLEEPLESS NIGHTS FOR THIS.

Reactions: cuta and tatamuk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Galaxy S II Lockscreen Ported to I9000 - V1

I have finally ported the simple yet beautiful Galaxy S II Lockscreen to Galaxy S. This MOD is for the Gingerbread 2.3.3 Deodexed ROM.

Features:
    1. Original Lockscreen ported from Galaxy S II ROM.
    2. Original Lockscreen Clock widget with proper digits
    3. Notification Sliding Tabs for Messages and Calls
    4. Fully working Media Player Widget with Rewind, Forward, Pause, Play and FF
    5. Album art support for Media Player Widget
    6. Lockscreen Wallpaper Supported!! Default Wallpaper set to Galaxy S II
    7. Lockscreen Wallpaper can be applied to Password Lock, Pin Lock and Pattern Lock.
    8. On moving the Lockscreen, the background window could be seen. It is just like how the Lockscreen works in Galaxy S II.
    9. Includes Overscroll Glow-Default Color, CRT off Animation and Extended Power menu!:D

Known Issues:
    1. Lockscreen Wallpaper can be set, but cannot be unset. This is because the Galaxy S 2 uses a different Gallery Application. To remove the Lockscreen Wallpaper and revert automatically to the default Wallpaper, delete this file
    /data/data/com.cooliris.media/files/zzzzzz_lockscreen_wallpaper.jpg
    OR

Clear Gallery Data from Settings.

Download:
    Deodexed XXJVP - Updated 6/13/2011
    http://www.multiupload.com/GFXS9ZW4TI

Deodexed JPJV6 - Updated 6/08/2011
    http://www.multiupload.com/2C3P1JKEW0

Deodexed DDJV6 - Updated 6/02/2011
    http://www.multiupload.com/IWAJFVHOXX

Deodexed XWJVH - Updated 5/12/2011
    http://www.multiupload.com/1BAXLMNR5E

Installation- DEODEXED ROM ONLY:

Download the CWM package and flash it.
    Reboot the phone.
    Initial Boot may take sometime, so please be patient.

Version History:
    Added V2 version of the Lockscreen. More information about V2 Version is available in the Second Post.

Fixed Reboot and Crash issues with SIM Password.

Performace is now much faster. The Messaging and Phone application is opening a lot quicker.
    Fixed Missing Text for Album Name, Track Name when a Notificiation arrives while playing a Track.

Added the version for JPJV6 - Reworked "Pathetic" framework.

Added the version for DDJP6 - Reworked framework.

Fixed Unlock Sound. (You may replace Unlock.ogg for custom sounds)
    Made the Background Window to be shown when the Lockscreen is moved, rather than the Homescreen wallpaper that used to appear in the Initial release.
    Added Lockscreen Wallpaper Support for Pattern, Password and Pin Unlock.
    Few bug fixes.

Initial Release

READ THIS BEFORE YOU USE THIS MOD
    Messing with the system files may make your device unbootable. Proceed with caution and have a backup always. Stop if you don't know what you are doing.
    I have made dozens of changes and modifications in the .smali files, hence I am sure there would be some bugs in it. Although I accept no responsibility for your bricked or non functional device, you may post bugs in this topic. I will see to what I can do about it.

Screenshots:

sc20110509135052.png
    sc20110509133326.png

You may use this MOD however you like, but please give a credit and hit the THANKS button.
    Fixed the Issues with SIM Password when enabled.

Updated the First Post and added the New Download Link.

Let me know if it works.

@dhiru1602 please please please will you change the first post to be xda app friendly. I can't click the links as the writing appears as quotations.
    Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Sure dude. I have removed the Quotes for the Download Links.
    XXJVP version is now online.

Changelog:

New Lockscreen Features:
    • Latest Lockscreen (XXKH3 Firmware) of Galaxy S II
    • Battery Charging Indication and Low Battery Status on Lockscreen
    • FM Radio Widget fully working with Modded Stock FM App.
    • Changable Clock Position in Settings Menu.
    • Fixed Some Minor bugs from previous MOD
    • Includes Extended Power Menu and Battery Percentage Mod with Blue Overscroll Glow

Screenshots:
    sc20110910143812.png

sc20110910143854.png

sc20110910143951.png

Important Note:
    This MOD contains Modified services.jar to enable Radio control from the Lockscreen Widget. It may replace the BLN capability on some ROMs.

Download:
    Deodexed XXJVR - Updated 9/14/2011
    http://www.multiupload.com/WSPOBTU0RK

Deodexed XXJVS - WIP Will be added soon!
    Where to donate

Me donate karne ke liye ready hoon buddy :) . Please fixed the above mentioned issue, I will donate today night from netherlands... :) Let me know your donation id or mail.

Looking forward to an update.

Galaxy S II Lockscreen Ported to XWJVH

I have finally ported the simple yet beautiful Galaxy S II Lockscreen to Galaxy S. This MOD is for the Gingerbread 2.3.3 XWJVH Deodexed ROM.

Screenshots:

sc20110509135052.png
    sc20110509135044.png

sc20110509135036.png
    sc20110509133326.png

You may use this MOD however you like, but please give a credit and hit the THANKS button. Also, PLEASE PLEASE CONSIDER A DONATION IF YOU LIKE MY WORK. I HAD SLEEPLESS NIGHTS FOR THIS.