Search This thread

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
[SIZE=+3]Frequently Asked Questions[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]HTC One XL, AT&T, Rogers HTC One X, Telstra One XL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]This a short list of frequently asked questions in this device forum and the answers often given as a response. It should serve as a starting point for gathering knowledge and finding solutions to many common problems. Please only post in this thread with feedback on how to improve this document. Do not post "Thank you" type responses. If you have additional questions or require more help, try to find an existing thread or create your own. Do not use this as a general help thread.[/SIZE]

You can find some detailed guides in my [How-To Guide For Beginners Thread.

If you have any questions please visit my Noob Friendly Q&A Thread.

[SIZE=+1]Q1: Am I ready to root my One X?[/SIZE]
Here is a thread with definitions to rooting terms
Am i ready to root my phone!?

[SIZE=+1]Q2: What is adb?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Q3: My One X is stock and I accepted the JB OTA can I root it now?[/SIZE]
Yes here is a link to the process, **As with any rooting instructions PLEASE read them over several times before you attempt to use it**

[SIZE=+1]Q4: What do I do if I want to be able to root the JB OTA? [/SIZE]
If bootloader unlocked, SuperCID and custom recovery, and still want the OTA, be aware that OTA with SuperCID will brick your phone unless you S-Off. Also, OTA will not install with custom recovery (requires stock recovery). Best method to OTA is to S-off, relock bootloader, and RUU back to stock recovery. Then install the OTA. After you install OTA all you have to do is the rooting proecess​

[SIZE=+1]Q5: How do I root my phone?[/SIZE]
If you have an AT&T:

If your phone has the 3.18 software [ROOT] HTC One X AT&T 3.18][, detailed instructions in my [How-To Guide For Beginners Thread
If your phone has the 2.20 Firmware [ROOT] HTC One X AT&T 2.20 Firmware - X-Factor root exploit
If your phone has the 1.85 Firmware [ROOT] 1.85 - New, working method - ACT NOW

If you own a non AT&T device you can unlock you bootloader via [url]http://www.htcdev.com [/URL], install a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM), and install custom ROM's with root. Alternatively some root exploits may be possible but are not the preferred method. If you want to retain your stock ROM but root it just flash SU in recovery​

[SIZE=+1]Q6: Which custom recovery should I use?[/SIZE]
We have 2 options for recovery, you can use CWM or TWRP
[RECOVERY][3/9/13][OFFICIAL] ClockworkMod Recovery Touch v6.0.2.8b

[RECOVERY][ONE-X/EVITA]TWRP 2.6.3.0 Touch Recovery! [2013-9-16]

There is also a modified version of TWRP which is SeLinux compatible, use this to flash 4.4 ROMs [unofficial] [recovery]twrp-2.6.3.0 4.4 compatible

[SIZE=+1]Q7: How do I flash my custom recovery?[/SIZE]
Flashing a custom recovery is pretty easy, using fastboot you'll find full instructions in this thread:
[GUIDES]{Evita/One XL} Timmaaa's Beginners How-To Guides

[SIZE=+1]Q8: How do I remove the red text on the splash screen?[/SIZE]
By following the steps located here Quick simple flash that only removes red text:

[SIZE=+1]Q9: How do I change my bootloader from unlocked to locked?[/SIZE]
Information is located on the same page as above New method, customize your HBoot!

[SIZE=+1]Q10: Can I install an OTA on my rooted device?[/SIZE]
No easy answer to this, as every OTA is different. You might need to unroot before installing the OTA, or the OTA may fail to install or bootloop the phone. You will probably lose root, and if your phone is the AT&T version, you may not be able to root until a new exploit is found. Changes might have been made to hboot or other firmware components, which can affect the function of the phone, or the ability to install custom ROMs and other mods.
Don't install the update until you have researched and fully understand what the specific OTA will do to your device.​

[SIZE=+1]Q11: How do I flash a boot.img via fastboot?[/SIZE]
Flashing a boot.img is taken care of with fastboot, full instructions here:

[SIZE=+1]Q12: Bootloader unlocking. Yes it is necessary?[/SIZE]
Without an unlocked bootloader you can't flash a custom recovery. Without a custom recovery you can't install root or custom ROMs.​

[SIZE=+1]Q13: Is my phone Bricked?[/SIZE]
If you can boot into bootloader then the answer is No. If your phone will not boot at all, and/or shows up as QHSUSB_DLOAD in Decide Manager on your PC, then yes you're bricked​

[SIZE=+1]Q14: Do I need to downgrade my touchscreen firmware?[/SIZE]
This is only required if you're on the 2.14 firmware or above (which you probably are by now) and are wanting to use the much older pre-3.4 kernel AOSP roms (up until about June 2013). Any current aosp ROM does not require the ts firmware to be downgraded. Here is the link to any and all information on downgrading and or upgrading.
[How-To] Downgrade your Touch Panel's firmware (and upgrade back)

[SIZE=+1]Q15: What is S-OFF? & How do we get s-off?[/SIZE]
S-off means security off, or security checks have been disabled. With s-off you can flash radios, also splash screens and boot.img (kernel) from recovery without using fastboot (no more flashing the boot.img manually after flashing your ROM). S-off also means a device with SuperCID can safely run a jb RUU without bricking the phone.

How to s-off:

There are now two s-off methods, Facepalm and Rumrunner. Facepalm requires an unlocked bootloader, root, and SuperCID. Rumrunner requires an unlocked bootloader and root.

[S-Off] Facepalm S-Off for HTC Devices One S, One XL, Droid DNA

[S-Off] Rumrunner S-off for HTC One XL

[SIZE=+1]Q16: I did a factory reset from the bootloader. Now the SD card isn't able to be mounted/accessed.[/SIZE]
This is a bug within the bootloader on modified Evitas, and factory resets should only be performed from within bTWRP.

Use TWRP 2.6 or above to wipe the sd card. If the sd card still isn't usable, use the mount usb storage option to mount the card to your PC and format the sd card using Windows (Windows Explorer or Device Manager). FAT32 is the correct format to use.​

[SIZE=+1]Q17: My PC won't connect to the phone by USB (for RUU, fastboot, adb, etc.), what do I do?[/SIZE]
Make sure you have the correct/latest HTC drivers installed, make sure you have usb debugging enabled, and/or try another usb port/cable.​

[SIZE=+1]Q18: How do I relock the bootloader, or return to stock (or close to stock as possible)[/SIZE]
Connect your phone in fastboot mode and issue the following fastboot command:

Code:
fastboot oem lock

[SIZE=+1]Q19: I am on hboot 1.14 or later. I flashed a ROM, and it won't boot.[/SIZE]
If you're s-on you need to flash boot.img thru fastboot (instructions in my guide thread, linked above in question 11). If you get s-off on your device you'll no longer to this.​

[SIZE=+1]Q20: Will rooting affect my battery life?[/SIZE]
No simply rooting the phone should not hamper battery life. However, battery life can change dramatically from ROM to ROM.​

[SIZE=+1]Q21: What is the best radio?[/SIZE]
Reception and battery life are subject to exact geographic location, and other variables, therefore nobody can suggest a radio for you. Picking a radio is often trial-and-error, flash a radio and note the signal strength and battery performance. Not the bars in your status bar, but the actual signal strength measured by db (-110db is poor strength and -51db is good strength). This can be found in Settings/About Phone. Repeat the process until you've found the best radio for you. See the radio thread [Radio][RIL]HOXL Radios/RILs including CM10.x based ROMs (Flashable zips)

[SIZE=+1]Q22: What is the best ROM?[/SIZE]
This question is not allowed. To say one ROM is better/most stable/fastest/best battery/prettiest infers that the other ROMs are inferior in some way. This is unfair to the developers who spend a great deal of their spare time bringing us these fantastic ROMs completely free of charge. Have a look through the ROMs that are available and pick one that suits your needs. If you don't end up liking it you can easily flash another one, this is half the fun anyway.​

[SIZE=+1]Q23: I installed a rom and now my phone now it is boot looping what is wrong?[/SIZE]
If you're s-on you probably just need to flash the boot.img with fastboot (instructions here). You might have a corrupted download, always check the md5 of a file before you flash it.​

[SIZE=+1]Q24: Where is a good guide for the AT&T, Rogers HTC One X, Telstra One XL? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Q25: What is an md5 and why is it important?[/SIZE]
An md5 is like a digital fingerprint of a file. The md5 should be listed on the download page for a file. Once you've downloaded a ROM/kernel/radio/mod etc you must check that the md5 of the downloaded file matches the md5 listed on the download page exactly. This ensures that the integrity of the file is intact and it hasn't become corrupted during the download. If a file has changed even slightly during a download the md5 will change dramatically. If the md5 of your downloaded file doesn't match, do not flash it, it could cause major problems on your device.​

[SIZE=+1]Q26: I've just installed a Sense 5 ROM and I keep losing signal and suffering random reboots, how can I stop it?[/SIZE]
You need to update your firmware, do this by flashing the 2.15 firmware package. You can find it (along with detailed instructions) in my guide thread: [GUIDES]{Evita/One XL} Timmaaa's How-To Guide For Beginners

Please note: the 2.15 firmware package requires s-off and SuperCID.​

[SIZE=+1]Q27: I'm trying to install a KitKat or Lollipop aosp ROM and I keep getting errors and failed installs, what's going on?[/SIZE]

It's most likely one of two scenarios:

Scenario 1: Your firmware is outdated. Flash the 2.15 firmware package found in my How-To Thread

Scenario 2: You're not using the right recovery. Download the latest TWRP.​

[SIZE=+1]Q28: Is There Any Way To Unlock The Bootloader On The Latest AT&T 5.18 Sense 5 Android 4.2.2 Update?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Q29: Google Play Services (or Android OS) is killing my battery, how do I stop it?[/SIZE]

'This FAQ is part of a Recognized Contributor Group Initiative. Please look for a similar FAQ thread when visiting another device forum.'
A special thanks to everyone who contributed to the production of this FAQ
*​

Last edited:

a box of kittens

Jan 24, 2013
san fran california
Hey Ronnie...often when I tell people to fastboot flash the boot img they are still a bit confused maybe you could add this
Hhttp://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1671237
Flashing boot img through fastboot...
download the file in the link which above which will include adb and fastboot....put that on your computer somewhere you can find it.. now take the boot image out of the Rom zip and place it in that folder... Boot your phone into bootloader scroll down and select fastboot and now open a command prompt with in the fastbootbadb folder on your comp and type to command without the quotes "fastboot flash boot boot.img"...now go wipe in recovery and install the Rom it doesn't matter if you keep the boot img in the Rom zip or not

twistedddx

Oct 23, 2010
For Q2 you could add:

If you own a non AT&T device you can unlock you bootloader via http://www.htcdev.com and install custom ROM's with root. Alternatively some root exploits may be possible but are not the preferred method.

Reactions: ronnie498

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Suggest fleshing out some of the answers a bit:

Q2: Clockworkmod (CWM) has never officially supported the dual core One X/XL, and any versions found were quick ports, with serious known issues. TWRP officially supports our device, and therefore is the only custom recovery that is recommended.

Q3: Add to the non-ATT paragraph: "or flash SU in recovery"

Q4: On your computer, open the custom ROM zip using an unzip program (WinZip, WinRAR, etc.) and extract the file "boot.img" (no quotes). Place this file in the same folder as fastboot.exe.

Q11: There is no "best" radio for all users. Reception and battery life are subject to exact geographic location, and other variables. Therefore picking a radio is often trial-and-error. See the radio thread, which includes a Google map which may give you suggestions on what radio(s) to try.

ronnie498

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 22, 2010
If you have additional questions or require more help, try to find an existing thread or create your own. "Do not use this as a general help thread."

Last edited:

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
If you have additional questions or require more help, try to find an existing thread or create your own. "Do not use this as a general help thread."

Folks who made posts 4 and 6 apparently did not bother reading the OP, which clearly states: If you have additional questions or require more help, try to find an existing thread or create your own. Do not use this as a general help thread.

Folks had the same problem, asking general help questions in my Index thread (why you should ask for help in an Index thread, I have no idea!). This seemed to get better once I boldfaced the part that said don't ask general support questions in the thread. You might want to do the same (larger or different color font, etc.).

Speaking of my Index thread, might want to add that to the FAQ. People still seem to have trouble realizing it exists, and ask for things easily found if they had just used the Index.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1671237

Last edited:

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
This one gets asked a lot (and probably even more so when AT&T finally rolls out JB):

Q: Can I install an OTA on my rooted device?

A: No easy answer to this, as every OTA is different. You might need to unroot before installing the OTA, or the OTA may fail to install or bootloop the phone. You will probably lose root, and if your phone is the AT&T version, you may not be able to root until a new exploit is found. Changes might have been made to hboot or other firmware components, which can affect the function of the phone, or the ability to install custom ROMs and other mods.

Don't install the update until you have researched and fully understand what the specific OTA will do to your device.

Last edited:

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
This questions was asked 3 times today alone:

Q: I did a factory reset in hboot. Now the SD memory is wiped, and won't mount USB.

A: Connect the phone to a Windows PC, open Device Manager. There you should have the option to format the SD memory. Format as FAT32, and this should fix the SD card corruption.

This is a bug within hboot, and factory resets should only be done in TWRP.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi everyone, I'm the new maintainer for this thread :) I'd like to extend a huge thanks to @ronnie498 for creating this thread in the first place, and for allowing me to take over as maintainer. Also huge thanks go to @TonyStark for his continued support and the effort he puts into our forum.

Thread updated 14/12/13

Some changes to existing questions/answers and one new question added. If anyone feels there is anything missing please let me know.

Sent from my Evita.

Last edited:

Black!Jack

Nov 9, 2013
Not trying to be a pest, but question 3's answer should be rephrased. "PLEASE them over" , should be perhaps "PLEASE read them over".

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Heisenberg

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Not trying to be a pest, but question 3's answer should be rephrased. "PLEASE them over" , should be perhaps "PLEASE read them over".

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You're not being a pest at all, all feedback is welcome here. Thanks for the heads up, it's fixed now. I read the thread several times when I took over but I guess I missed this.

Sent from my Evita.

jjmai

Sep 10, 2008
Great FAQ. Surprised not much posts in this thread.
How come there's no mention about fastboot oem writecid 22222222

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+3]Frequently Asked Questions[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+2]HTC One XL, AT&T, Rogers HTC One X, Telstra One XL[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]This a short list of frequently asked questions in this device forum and the answers often given as a response. It should serve as a starting point for gathering knowledge and finding solutions to many common problems. Please only post in this thread with feedback on how to improve this document. Do not post "Thank you" type responses. If you have additional questions or require more help, try to find an existing thread or create your own. Do not use this as a general help thread.[/SIZE]

You can find some detailed guides in my [How-To Guide For Beginners Thread.

If you have any questions please visit my Noob Friendly Q&A Thread.

[SIZE=+1]Q1: Am I ready to root my One X?[/SIZE]
    Here is a thread with definitions to rooting terms
    Am i ready to root my phone!?

[SIZE=+1]Q2: What is adb?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Q3: My One X is stock and I accepted the JB OTA can I root it now?[/SIZE]
    Yes here is a link to the process, **As with any rooting instructions PLEASE read them over several times before you attempt to use it**

[SIZE=+1]Q4: What do I do if I want to be able to root the JB OTA? [/SIZE]
    If bootloader unlocked, SuperCID and custom recovery, and still want the OTA, be aware that OTA with SuperCID will brick your phone unless you S-Off. Also, OTA will not install with custom recovery (requires stock recovery). Best method to OTA is to S-off, relock bootloader, and RUU back to stock recovery. Then install the OTA. After you install OTA all you have to do is the rooting proecess​

[SIZE=+1]Q5: How do I root my phone?[/SIZE]
    If you have an AT&T:

If your phone has the 3.18 software [ROOT] HTC One X AT&T 3.18][, detailed instructions in my [How-To Guide For Beginners Thread
    If your phone has the 2.20 Firmware [ROOT] HTC One X AT&T 2.20 Firmware - X-Factor root exploit
    If your phone has the 1.85 Firmware [ROOT] 1.85 - New, working method - ACT NOW

If you own a non AT&T device you can unlock you bootloader via [url]http://www.htcdev.com [/URL], install a custom recovery (TWRP/CWM), and install custom ROM's with root. Alternatively some root exploits may be possible but are not the preferred method. If you want to retain your stock ROM but root it just flash SU in recovery​

[SIZE=+1]Q6: Which custom recovery should I use?[/SIZE]
    We have 2 options for recovery, you can use CWM or TWRP
    [RECOVERY][3/9/13][OFFICIAL] ClockworkMod Recovery Touch v6.0.2.8b

[RECOVERY][ONE-X/EVITA]TWRP 2.6.3.0 Touch Recovery! [2013-9-16]

There is also a modified version of TWRP which is SeLinux compatible, use this to flash 4.4 ROMs [unofficial] [recovery]twrp-2.6.3.0 4.4 compatible

[SIZE=+1]Q7: How do I flash my custom recovery?[/SIZE]
    Flashing a custom recovery is pretty easy, using fastboot you'll find full instructions in this thread:

[SIZE=+1]Q8: How do I remove the red text on the splash screen?[/SIZE]
    By following the steps located here Quick simple flash that only removes red text:

[SIZE=+1]Q9: How do I change my bootloader from unlocked to locked?[/SIZE]
    Information is located on the same page as above New method, customize your HBoot!

[SIZE=+1]Q10: Can I install an OTA on my rooted device?[/SIZE]
    No easy answer to this, as every OTA is different. You might need to unroot before installing the OTA, or the OTA may fail to install or bootloop the phone. You will probably lose root, and if your phone is the AT&T version, you may not be able to root until a new exploit is found. Changes might have been made to hboot or other firmware components, which can affect the function of the phone, or the ability to install custom ROMs and other mods.
    Don't install the update until you have researched and fully understand what the specific OTA will do to your device.​

[SIZE=+1]Q11: How do I flash a boot.img via fastboot?[/SIZE]
    Flashing a boot.img is taken care of with fastboot, full instructions here:

[SIZE=+1]Q12: Bootloader unlocking. Yes it is necessary?[/SIZE]
    Without an unlocked bootloader you can't flash a custom recovery. Without a custom recovery you can't install root or custom ROMs.​

[SIZE=+1]Q13: Is my phone Bricked?[/SIZE]
    If you can boot into bootloader then the answer is No. If your phone will not boot at all, and/or shows up as QHSUSB_DLOAD in Decide Manager on your PC, then yes you're bricked​

[SIZE=+1]Q14: Do I need to downgrade my touchscreen firmware?[/SIZE]
    This is only required if you're on the 2.14 firmware or above (which you probably are by now) and are wanting to use the much older pre-3.4 kernel AOSP roms (up until about June 2013). Any current aosp ROM does not require the ts firmware to be downgraded. Here is the link to any and all information on downgrading and or upgrading.
    [How-To] Downgrade your Touch Panel's firmware (and upgrade back)

[SIZE=+1]Q15: What is S-OFF? & How do we get s-off?[/SIZE]
    S-off means security off, or security checks have been disabled. With s-off you can flash radios, also splash screens and boot.img (kernel) from recovery without using fastboot (no more flashing the boot.img manually after flashing your ROM). S-off also means a device with SuperCID can safely run a jb RUU without bricking the phone.

How to s-off:

There are now two s-off methods, Facepalm and Rumrunner. Facepalm requires an unlocked bootloader, root, and SuperCID. Rumrunner requires an unlocked bootloader and root.

[S-Off] Facepalm S-Off for HTC Devices One S, One XL, Droid DNA

[S-Off] Rumrunner S-off for HTC One XL

[SIZE=+1]Q16: I did a factory reset from the bootloader. Now the SD card isn't able to be mounted/accessed.[/SIZE]
    This is a bug within the bootloader on modified Evitas, and factory resets should only be performed from within bTWRP.

Use TWRP 2.6 or above to wipe the sd card. If the sd card still isn't usable, use the mount usb storage option to mount the card to your PC and format the sd card using Windows (Windows Explorer or Device Manager). FAT32 is the correct format to use.​

[SIZE=+1]Q17: My PC won't connect to the phone by USB (for RUU, fastboot, adb, etc.), what do I do?[/SIZE]
    Make sure you have the correct/latest HTC drivers installed, make sure you have usb debugging enabled, and/or try another usb port/cable.​

[SIZE=+1]Q18: How do I relock the bootloader, or return to stock (or close to stock as possible)[/SIZE]
    Connect your phone in fastboot mode and issue the following fastboot command:

Code:
    fastboot oem lock

[SIZE=+1]Q19: I am on hboot 1.14 or later. I flashed a ROM, and it won't boot.[/SIZE]
    If you're s-on you need to flash boot.img thru fastboot (instructions in my guide thread, linked above in question 11). If you get s-off on your device you'll no longer to this.​

[SIZE=+1]Q20: Will rooting affect my battery life?[/SIZE]
    No simply rooting the phone should not hamper battery life. However, battery life can change dramatically from ROM to ROM.​

[SIZE=+1]Q21: What is the best radio?[/SIZE]
    Reception and battery life are subject to exact geographic location, and other variables, therefore nobody can suggest a radio for you. Picking a radio is often trial-and-error, flash a radio and note the signal strength and battery performance. Not the bars in your status bar, but the actual signal strength measured by db (-110db is poor strength and -51db is good strength). This can be found in Settings/About Phone. Repeat the process until you've found the best radio for you. See the radio thread [Radio][RIL]HOXL Radios/RILs including CM10.x based ROMs (Flashable zips)

[SIZE=+1]Q22: What is the best ROM?[/SIZE]
    This question is not allowed. To say one ROM is better/most stable/fastest/best battery/prettiest infers that the other ROMs are inferior in some way. This is unfair to the developers who spend a great deal of their spare time bringing us these fantastic ROMs completely free of charge. Have a look through the ROMs that are available and pick one that suits your needs. If you don't end up liking it you can easily flash another one, this is half the fun anyway.​

[SIZE=+1]Q23: I installed a rom and now my phone now it is boot looping what is wrong?[/SIZE]
    If you're s-on you probably just need to flash the boot.img with fastboot (instructions here). You might have a corrupted download, always check the md5 of a file before you flash it.​

[SIZE=+1]Q24: Where is a good guide for the AT&T, Rogers HTC One X, Telstra One XL? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Q25: What is an md5 and why is it important?[/SIZE]
    An md5 is like a digital fingerprint of a file. The md5 should be listed on the download page for a file. Once you've downloaded a ROM/kernel/radio/mod etc you must check that the md5 of the downloaded file matches the md5 listed on the download page exactly. This ensures that the integrity of the file is intact and it hasn't become corrupted during the download. If a file has changed even slightly during a download the md5 will change dramatically. If the md5 of your downloaded file doesn't match, do not flash it, it could cause major problems on your device.​

[SIZE=+1]Q26: I've just installed a Sense 5 ROM and I keep losing signal and suffering random reboots, how can I stop it?[/SIZE]
    You need to update your firmware, do this by flashing the 2.15 firmware package. You can find it (along with detailed instructions) in my guide thread: [GUIDES]{Evita/One XL} Timmaaa's How-To Guide For Beginners

Please note: the 2.15 firmware package requires s-off and SuperCID.​

[SIZE=+1]Q27: I'm trying to install a KitKat or Lollipop aosp ROM and I keep getting errors and failed installs, what's going on?[/SIZE]

It's most likely one of two scenarios:

Scenario 1: Your firmware is outdated. Flash the 2.15 firmware package found in my How-To Thread

Scenario 2: You're not using the right recovery. Download the latest TWRP.​

[SIZE=+1]Q28: Is There Any Way To Unlock The Bootloader On The Latest AT&T 5.18 Sense 5 Android 4.2.2 Update?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Q29: Google Play Services (or Android OS) is killing my battery, how do I stop it?[/SIZE]

'This FAQ is part of a Recognized Contributor Group Initiative. Please look for a similar FAQ thread when visiting another device forum.'
    A special thanks to everyone who contributed to the production of this FAQ
    *​

Hi everyone, I'm the new maintainer for this thread :) I'd like to extend a huge thanks to @ronnie498 for creating this thread in the first place, and for allowing me to take over as maintainer. Also huge thanks go to @TonyStark for his continued support and the effort he puts into our forum.

Thread updated 14/12/13

Some changes to existing questions/answers and one new question added. If anyone feels there is anything missing please let me know.

Sent from my Evita.
    Hey Ronnie...often when I tell people to fastboot flash the boot img they are still a bit confused maybe you could add this
    Hhttp://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1671237
    Flashing boot img through fastboot...
    download the file in the link which above which will include adb and fastboot....put that on your computer somewhere you can find it.. now take the boot image out of the Rom zip and place it in that folder... Boot your phone into bootloader scroll down and select fastboot and now open a command prompt with in the fastbootbadb folder on your comp and type to command without the quotes "fastboot flash boot boot.img"...now go wipe in recovery and install the Rom it doesn't matter if you keep the boot img in the Rom zip or not

Folks who made posts 4 and 6 apparently did not bother reading the OP, which clearly states: If you have additional questions or require more help, try to find an existing thread or create your own. Do not use this as a general help thread.

Folks had the same problem, asking general help questions in my Index thread (why you should ask for help in an Index thread, I have no idea!). This seemed to get better once I boldfaced the part that said don't ask general support questions in the thread. You might want to do the same (larger or different color font, etc.).

Speaking of my Index thread, might want to add that to the FAQ. People still seem to have trouble realizing it exists, and ask for things easily found if they had just used the Index.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1671237