[Q] Mahdi-Rom 2.5 Random Reboots

Search This thread

saimonsez

Mar 4, 2014
Hi there

Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to post this in the Original Android Development section since I've just registered here.

Anyway, installed Mahdi 2.5 on Sunday on my D802 and while I really like it, I've had three random reboots since then. Altough I'm not sure about that, It seems to happen when waking up the phone without unlocking it and a couple of minutes later it is in a rebootet state where I have to unlock the SIM card.

LogCat:
View attachment logcat_and_device_info.zip
View attachment logcat_and_device_info_2.zip

There is a boot-up message on 03-04 06:50:52.053 but no other error that indicates the cause (but I'm an Android Noob).

Could anybody please link this to the main Mahdi thread or inform the developer? Thank you very much!

cheers
Saimonsez

samkle

Jul 2, 2011
Tirana
Hi there

Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to post this in the Original Android Development section since I've just registered here.

Anyway, installed Mahdi 2.5 on Sunday on my D802 and while I really like it, I've had three random reboots since then. Altough I'm not sure about that, It seems to happen when waking up the phone without unlocking it and a couple of minutes later it is in a rebootet state where I have to unlock the SIM card.

LogCat:
View attachment 2612495
View attachment 2612505

There is a boot-up message on 03-04 06:50:52.053 but no other error that indicates the cause (but I'm an Android Noob).

Could anybody please link this to the main Mahdi thread or inform the developer? Thank you very much!

cheers
Saimonsez
have you tried going to the recovery and factory reseting?

Reactions: saimonsez

saimonsez

Mar 4, 2014
This is a clean install with everything wiped, so basically only /sdcard was not touched (on stock before). To my understanding a factory reset would delete all my data, right? I'm not yet comfortable with adb sideloading and this would be necessary to push the rom to the phone after the reset. At least I think so ...

saimonsez

Mar 4, 2014
Ok, figured it out by myself. It's LTE.

This might be helpful for some: if you own a D802 (maybe it's the same with other variants) on a custom Kitkat ROM, disable 4G. No more reboots altogether on my device. Hopefully this gets fixed, as soon as the devs have access to LG's Kitkat sources and binaries.

Glatzi

Mar 18, 2014
Moenchengladbach
Ok, figured it out by myself. It's LTE.

This might be helpful for some: if you own a D802 (maybe it's the same with other variants) on a custom Kitkat ROM, disable 4G. No more reboots altogether on my device. Hopefully this gets fixed, as soon as the devs have access to LG's Kitkat sources and binaries.

Did this finally solve your random reboot problem? I've tried different CM11 based roms and in best I had one random reboot per day :(

saimonsez

Mar 4, 2014
Did this finally solve your random reboot problem? I've tried different CM11 based roms and in best I had one random reboot per day :(

Yes, it's rock-stable. You might want to wait a little longer for the next Mahdi release with KitKat sources (currently Beta). But I can recommend this ROM to anyone. Besides, Mahdi is not CM based but AOSP, as I learned.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there

LogCat:
    View attachment 2612495
    View attachment 2612505

cheers
    Saimonsez
    have you tried going to the recovery and factory reseting?