[Q] Help with update

Search This thread

deathadder7

Apr 9, 2014
So I'm in a bit of a pickle. You see my phone is rooted and I was typing and all of a sudden a popup said to update blah blah blah, accidently I clicked yes and it did it's system update. Now it says Andriod is Upgrading. What I want to know is, will I still have root, and will be bricked after it's updating??:(

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
So I'm in a bit of a pickle. You see my phone is rooted and I was typing and all of a sudden a popup said to update blah blah blah, accidently I clicked yes and it did it's system update. Now it says Andriod is Upgrading. What I want to know is, will I still have root, and will be bricked after it's updating??:(

You will only loose root after an OTA upgrade, just reflash the older rom like NE2 with Odin, data factory reset and reroot with Towelroot. After that you can flash the OTA if it comes and keep root if you have superSU Pro installed and have Root survival enabled. Don`t change superSU to a system app or the OTA will not install.

Last edited:

deathadder7

Apr 9, 2014
You will only loose root after an OTA upgrade, just reflash the older rom like NE2 with Odin, data factory reset and reroot with Towelroot. After that you can flash the OTA if it comes and keep root if you have superSU Pro installed and have Root survival enabled. Don`t change superSU to a system app or the OTA will not install.

Alright, where should I get the rom? Sorry haven't really flashed anything... is there a video tutorial you can show me? :)

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Just a quick question. Will doing this wipe out all of my things on my phone. I heard in the video that you need to make a backup, but it seems you can only do that rooted.

Helium (Premium) (in Google Play) can backup and restore the apps and data of all installed apps and you don`t need root for that. I use it mself and its very good imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: deathadder7

deathadder7

Apr 9, 2014
Helium (Pro) (in Google Play) can backup the apps and data of all installed apps and you don`t need root for that. I use it mself and its very good imo.

Alright! I notice though whenever I turn on my galaxy s5 on it says andriod is upgrading and that it's installing apps... is this normal?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts