[Q] Can't get flash player to work

Search This thread

Battlestr1k3

Jan 13, 2011
Hi there,

I tried installing flash player on my RAZR I several times (first on ICS, now on Jelly Bean), but it does not want to work:
I just see a blue cube in the stock browser where a flash object should be.
I followed this tutorial:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1952878

I even tried to set permissions of directories/files to 777.

What I noticed is that when I try to install "install_flash_player_ics.apk" from another tutorial, the installation of the package fails with the error "Installation failed, Package is broken" (freely translated into English).

I also saw an empty folder: /data/data/com.adobe.flashplayer/lib
It looks like the library should probably go in there?

What am I doing wrong?

I hope you can help me.

With kind regards,

Battlestr1k3

Last edited:

Battlestr1k3

Jan 13, 2011
Extract this zip. Use apk and lib from this zip. Push them to right folders and set permission to rw-r-r-

Thank you for the upload, I deleted the flashplayer-file in /data/dalvik-cache, rebooted, copied the files from the zip and rebooted again.
It just shows a gray screen in the browser when opening the flashplayer settings-app like before.
Why does it not work?

With kind regards,

Battlestr1k3

Lucki_X

Feb 2, 2013
Poděbrady
Thank you for the upload, I deleted the flashplayer-file in /data/dalvik-cache, rebooted, copied the files from the zip and rebooted again.
It just shows a gray screen in the browser when opening the flashplayer settings-app like before.
Why does it not work?

With kind regards,

Battlestr1k3

I have never set the flashplayer. I have used only setting in web browser to use flash player and then tried it on web pages. I'm sure that it works on Maxthon web browser and Dolphin browser.

Battlestr1k3

Jan 13, 2011
I have never set the flashplayer. I have used only setting in web browser to use flash player and then tried it on web pages. I'm sure that it works on Maxthon web browser and Dolphin browser.

On Dolphin Browser the blue cube appears and then goes away, but there is no flash visible.

Last edited:

Battlestr1k3

Jan 13, 2011
Ok, what is the problem with the lib?
I placed it in /system/lib/plugins/com.adobe.flashplayer/

With kind regards,

Battlestr1k3