[HELP] Reducing entire UI size

Search This thread

WolfpackEra

Sep 17, 2012
Hello. This is probably a first, but i want to ask if anyone knows how i could resize everything on my phone, so that its a bit smaller? Lets say the statusbar is a bit thinner, then the icons on the bottom of the screen are smaller. I've seen my friend do it once, it creates the illusion of a bigger display screen, i don't know how he did it though. So far i'm using [THIS] rom.
Is this possible on the xperia go?

Basically if it were a windows computer, to do this you'd change the resolution to a bigger one, as on lets say 800x600 the icons would be big, everything would be big, and if you change it to 1280x720 it would all shrink a bit.

Last edited:

Ryccardo

Nov 12, 2013
Imola
Add this line to /system/build.prop (a few ROMs already have it, likely set to 240, in which case obviously just change the number):
ro.sf.lcd_density=200

200/210 is the setting I'm most comfortable with (sufficiently small but keyboard still usable).
Keep in mind that a few apps like Sony's launcher don't work well with DPI changes...

Reactions: WolfpackEra

WolfpackEra

Sep 17, 2012
Add this line to /system/build.prop (a few ROMs already have it, likely set to 240, in which case obviously just change the number):
ro.sf.lcd_density=200

200/210 is the setting I'm most comfortable with (sufficiently small but keyboard still usable).
Keep in mind that a few apps like Sony's launcher don't work well with DPI changes...

thank you, that worked. The rom i'm using is using a kitkat launcher which works splendid, only thing i noticed that is buggy is the number dialer, which i'll probably just replace with a different one now. cheers ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ro.sf.lcd_density=200