[Q] HELP! Wifi issues!!!

Search This thread

mishu28nmv

Oct 16, 2011
I have Motorola XT701 (Milestone,Motoroi or whatever) and I flashed a sbf and the wifi has very good signal but I don't have the android market. If I try to root and install a much better rom with market the wifi signal is very weak. I tried to open the sbf and the CG39.smg (system image) and replaced the app folder in there but when I compile the new sbf I can't flashed because the RSD is giving checksum errors! I had installed even CM7 wich is great at speed and market is present but the wifi has very weak signal. In all roms I had this problem maybe because most of them are for the milestone A853 or A953 or whatever? Should I edit a specific CGxx.smg? The wifi signal is the only problem I have after I root, but I like the phone very much!

dstruct2k

Jan 31, 2008
Winnipeg
Google Pixel 4
Wrong device forum, but I'll help ya.

Install your SBF that's missing the market. Don't modify it.

Once you're up and running, go into your recovery and install the gapps.zip that matches your Android version (gb, ics, etc.) as an update. It will add the Google apps to your ROM's read-only filesystem. (This is done on the device, not from the PC.)

If that doesn't work, you could always just look for a com.android.vending APK....

Reactions: mishu28nmv

mishu28nmv

Oct 16, 2011
thanks for the answer, but the problem is the wifi. why is the signal so low now, after 5 months from when i baught the phone?!?!

vikasbn

Apr 17, 2012
Maybe problem with indicator

I have seen this in many ROMs. In some ROMs the indicator shows low signal even when the signal strength is just fine. Are you having trouble browsing or downloading stuff?

mishu28nmv

Oct 16, 2011
yes. the wifi is 2lines of 4 at half of meter from the router. at 2 metters is 1/4 lines. do i have to flash something additional besides the sbf for the android or the sbf for cm 7?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wrong device forum, but I'll help ya.

Install your SBF that's missing the market. Don't modify it.

Once you're up and running, go into your recovery and install the gapps.zip that matches your Android version (gb, ics, etc.) as an update. It will add the Google apps to your ROM's read-only filesystem. (This is done on the device, not from the PC.)

If that doesn't work, you could always just look for a com.android.vending APK....