[Q] Samsung Galaxy S duos s7562

Search This thread

xpacguy

Jan 11, 2008
Do any one have performance issue with Samsung Galaxy S duos s7562.
I am very much disappointed with my device as it will get stuck on screen. Huge Lag time. Will take time to go to application after clicking on icon. Cannot play HD videos. While receiving calls the screen will go black, You can hear the ring but cannot see anything on screen. Any help will be appreciated. :(

voom

Mar 5, 2011
Thanks vikassaini01,
it is working.
Thank you! But: I do / did use the latest drivers (exactly those) and the problem persists: When in Download-Mode, two drivers are attempted to be installed (showing MSM7x27 at first), but the installation fails and the device can not be activated, thus I can't connect Odin. I get "Samsung Mobile USB CDC Compatibility Device" in Devicemanager, but no "Android Phone" in Download Mode. It looks as though it gets the wrong driver. I tested this on two PCs, one had no previous installations of any Samsung Drivers. Same thing...

SOLUTION: I always rebooted to bootloader by adb reboot bootloader - now I managed to start as described with the devices buttons - and now the right driver is installed properly - Odin connects and everything went fine: GOT ROOT

Last edited:

abendroidx

Jan 11, 2011
Makati/Doha
guys just a suggestion as this phone is now widely available maybe we can ask for the mods to add a sub category in galaxy s forum for this device so we can start organizing

in case something goes wrong its always good to have a stock rom:

http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=8&view=6815

http://www.hotfile.com/dl/174964833/3022afa/S7562XXALHB_S7562DBTALH3_DBT.zip.html?lang=en

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

ANYBODY WHO DOWNLOADED THIS RECOVERY.TAR, PLEASE REDOWNLOAD. THIS VERSION WORKS MUCH SMOOTHER.

Hi,
Press The following combination for booting into recovery. (Works fine for me)
Keep all of them pressed until you see the samsung logo and then release them all.

Vol. UP + Vol. Down + Home + Power On

CWM and Odin is attached. Flash this CWM package using odin (make sure you reboot your phone into download mode for using odin)

I'm NOT responsible for any brick or other mis-happening. I tested it all on my galaxy S duos and it works fine.

Just curious which version of CWM is attached

Last edited:

robert__

Apr 12, 2012
Brussels

Will this work with non-Indian StockROMs? Is the CWM you posted specific for India?
>> It should work because they all have the same hardware.

I'm not sure only one hardware version exists...

If you go to http://opensource.samsung.com and search for S7562 you will find 8 sofware images.
It seems they have different images for different regions, such as CHN (China) and TW (Taiwan). In addition to images for MEA, SEA and SWA (no idea what regions those are).

But it also lists a S7562I and a S7562L, which may be different HW versions. The 'I' version is perhaps India?

robert__

Apr 12, 2012
Brussels
Thanks vikassaini01

I did the rooting and it worked. FYI my phone was bought in Germany.

I did however have to boot the phone quite a number of times until I finally managed to get into CWM to install SuperSU.

Now I can try to rid the phone of some of the preinstalled junk, and switch the sdcard and ExtSdCard mounts around.

tristone

Oct 7, 2010
Prague
Thanks vikassaini01

I did however have to boot the phone quite a number of times until I finally managed to get into CWM to install SuperSU.

Now I can try to rid the phone of some of the preinstalled junk, and switch the sdcard and ExtSdCard mounts around.

Let us know if you succees with the SD switch. I am planning to do it also but I am not sure if I will have time soon to play with that.

voom

Mar 5, 2011
Thanks vikassaini01

Mine's also german ;) I downloaded the german Stock FW from sammobile before trying to root, otherwise I would have waited for other people from Europe to successfully root this way first before experimenting with it.

Getting the bootoptions right with the buttons on the device really is a hassle. That's why I used adb in the first place, but then... (...the drawback I posted above...)

The S Duos has a curios setup with the storage-mounts. I am not quite sure if I understand that right. What are you expecting to achieve with the modifications you mention?

tristone

Oct 7, 2010
Prague
Hi voom,

It is easy to understand what you get by switching sd cards. You would be able then to install huge application , for example offline navigation software, which may not fit in those 1.8 GB of internal SD ( /sdcard ). Right now it is known problem for TomTom navigation which requires 3.3 GB on /sdcard and doesn't see that there is plenty of space on /mnt/extSdCard.

OT: I have phone bought in Czech Republic.

robert__

Apr 12, 2012
Brussels
Hi voom,

It is easy to understand what you get by switching sd cards. You would be able then to install huge application , for example offline navigation software, which may not fit in those 1.8 GB of internal SD ( /sdcard ). Right now it is known problem for TomTom navigation which requires 3.3 GB on /sdcard and doesn't see that there is plenty of space on /mnt/extSdCard.

OT: I have phone bought in Czech Republic.

Indeed, that is the idea. After installing some fairly basic stuff, I only had ~1GB left which is insufficient for large apps like offline navigation.
However, you may find that the internal storage is quicker then the actual SD card, so you may want to check that you don't slow down your apps.

I installed busybox, and ran the following;

Code:
# time dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/sdcard/testfile bs=104857600 count=1
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
104857600 bytes transferred in 9.128 secs (11487467 bytes/sec)
    0m9.18s real     0m0.00s user     0m1.07s system
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
104857600 bytes transferred in 10.297 secs (10183315 bytes/sec)
    0m10.37s real     0m0.00s user     0m0.96s system
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
104857600 bytes transferred in 9.370 secs (11190779 bytes/sec)
    0m9.54s real     0m0.00s user     0m1.00s system
# time dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/extSdCard/testfile bs=104857600 count=1
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
104857600 bytes transferred in 17.478 secs (5999404 bytes/sec)
    0m17.83s real     0m0.00s user     0m1.38s system
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
104857600 bytes transferred in 11.267 secs (9306612 bytes/sec)
    0m11.73s real     0m0.01s user     0m1.45s system
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
104857600 bytes transferred in 12.553 secs (8353190 bytes/sec)
    0m12.85s real     0m0.00s user     0m1.54s system

This times the creation of a 100MB file, three times in a row. The MicroSD card is a 32GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSDHC UHS-I card, which is rated at up to 30MB/s read speed.
Now clearly I don't get anywhere near that, but writes are always slower. My actual write speed is between 5.72 and 8.87MB/s in the above test, while the performance of the internal flash memory was between 9.71 and 10.95MB/s.

SanDisk has faster memory, the "Extreme Pro", which is rated up to 95MB/s read and 90MB/s write (and only available up to 16GB in capacity). But looking at the performance numbers I suspect that this will not perform better as I think the bottleneck is the phone itself, and that it does not support the faster UHS speed classes and is limited to Class 10.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

And if anyone was wondering about read speeds of the same 100MB file

Internal memory
Code:
# time dd if=/mnt/sdcard/testfile of=/dev/null              
204800+0 records in
204800+0 records out
104857600 bytes transferred in 3.278 secs (31988285 bytes/sec)
    0m3.35s real     0m0.20s user     0m1.05s system
204800+0 records in
204800+0 records out
104857600 bytes transferred in 2.341 secs (44791798 bytes/sec)
    0m2.45s real     0m0.30s user     0m0.92s system
204800+0 records in
204800+0 records out
104857600 bytes transferred in 2.249 secs (46624099 bytes/sec)
    0m2.34s real     0m0.14s user     0m1.04s system

So here I'm getting a read speed of between 30.5 and 44.46MB/s

32GB SanDisk Ultra MicroSDHC UHF-I
Code:
# time dd if=/mnt/extSdCard/testfile of=/dev/null     
204800+0 records in
204800+0 records out
104857600 bytes transferred in 1.005 secs (104335920 bytes/sec)
    0m1.03s real     0m0.15s user     0m0.85s system
204800+0 records in
204800+0 records out
104857600 bytes transferred in 0.996 secs (105278714 bytes/sec)
    0m1.01s real     0m0.18s user     0m0.81s system
204800+0 records in
204800+0 records out
104857600 bytes transferred in 1.004 secs (104439840 bytes/sec)
    0m1.01s real     0m0.16s user     0m0.84s system

These numbers are incredibly quick, between 99.5 and 100.4MB/s. Which either means that the operation is being cached in memory, or the phone does support UHS-I.

voom

Mar 5, 2011
If anyone using the above root has tried Chainfires triangle-away-app to reset flashcounter I'd be curious to hear if it works. I would suspect trying this is rather risky at the moment?

xpacguy

Jan 11, 2008
If you select a contact number found and chosen via the dialer, you can choose directly by pressing either button as seen in the screenshot.

Whenever there is a call-option that does not involve the dialer, the preset SIM is used.

Since the notification-bar is available anywhere, opening it to select the desired SIM before actually starting the call is no problem. But that is like the other Android Duos', so you probably know that... :)

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

I did not succeed to get into recovery with that key-combination. Once I managed to start download-mode but that is supposed to react to Volume-Down, Home & Power... However, with adb there was no problem booting into recovery easily so I did not investigate that any further as that is sufficent for me.

Rooting by invoking an update.zip from recovery (3e) did not work because the signature verification failed. Loading CWM first to toggle sig. check off - I have not found any solution either to do that. So you are probably right that we need a custom kernel like CF-Root. Who would be capable and willing to look into that? (I did PM chainfire about it but maybe there are other developers who would look into that...)

With the combination of Volume-Down, Home & Power it did not go to the recovery mode but it started in SAFE MODE...... any Idea

irshad506

Sep 9, 2012
Warning sign (!)

Hi dears!
Thanks for guiding!
And finally i root my Mobile easy!

One thing i saw it is that when i reboot my phone when it reach Samsung logo in first so for few second it show warning sign then hide so it is happen for all which did root or just for me????(dear vikassaini01 please ans)!

One more question how we can use OTG in this mobile mean Flash memory, mean it is possible if yes please guide us???

Last edited:

tristone

Oct 7, 2010
Prague
Warning sign is normal reaction of Samsung phones to custom flashing.
There is a procedure how to remove it but only for devices based on Samsung Exinos chipsets. We have Qualcomm chipset based phone so you probably have to tolerate the sign.

Last edited:
Reactions: irshad506

robert__

Apr 12, 2012
Brussels
Hi dears!
Thanks for guiding!
And finally i root my Mobile easy!

One thing i saw it is that when i reboot my phone when it reach Samsung logo in first so for few second it show warning sign then hide so it is happen for all which did root or just for me????(dear vikassaini01 please ans)!

One more question how we can use OTG in this mobile mean Flash memory, mean it is possible if yes please guide us???

Irshad506,

When you install a custom bootloader (CWM) on a Samsung phone you will get the yellow triangle with the exclamation mark on boot. This is normal. It basically means that you are no longer covered by your Samsung warranty.

As to your second question, I'm afraid I don't quite understand what your asking.

Reactions: irshad506

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the full guide. If you like, please press the thanks button, ;)

CAUTION : It will VOID your Samsung Warranty and set/increase your custom flash counter.
    You will also see a yellow triangle below Samsung logo during each boot.

Please take a Full NANDROID Backup using CWM once CWM is flashed. This is useful in case you want to return to Samsung Official stock ROM or in case something goes wrong.

You can flash back to stock recovery if you don't need CWM any further OR if you want to remove the yellow triangle.
    Samsung stock recovery is attached below with this post.

Requirements :
    1. Samsung Galaxy S duos S7562 Phone
    2. Latest USB Drivers for Samsung Mobiles (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=961956)
    3. Odin Flashing Tool (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32500955&postcount=35)
    4. CWM 5 Recovery (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32500955&postcount=35)
    5. Superuser or SuperSU ZIP (attached with this post) (any one of them)

Procedure :
    1. Install latest USB Drivers for your Samsung Mobile in your PC.
    2. Switch off your mobile.
    3. Press and Hold "Vol. Down + Home + Power" buttons until the phone vibrates.
    Once phone vibrates, leave all buttons.
    4. It will Show you a Warning.
    Press Vol. UP button to Continue.
    5. Now you will see [Odin3] screen on phone which is Download Mode.
    6. Connect your Phone to your PC and wait till it install the drivers.
    7. Download and Extract Odin.zip
    Open Odin. It will detect your phone on some COM Port.
    You will see screen like this :
    1krfn.jpg

8. Now click on PDA and select the recovery.tar file.
    Now, it will look like this :
    8FbMS.jpg

9. Now make sure the following :
    Auto-Reboot is checked.
    F. Reset Time is checked.
    All others are unchecked.
    Click on start.
    Odin will start flashing.
    wait for atleast 2-3 minutes.
    Odin will automatically reboot your phone and you will see Pass written on Odin.
    Keep the phone connected to your PC.

10. Let the phone boot properly and then close the odin.
    11. Now, for Rooting, you have two options.
    Superuser or SuperSU. Both works good, you can choose any of them.
    so, Download CWM-Superuser-3.1.3.zip OR CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip and copy to your MicroSD card.
    If you don't have MicroSD card, you can copy it to phone's internal SD card memory.

12. Boot into CWM Recovery Mode by :
    Vol. UP + Vol. Down + Home + Power
    Keep all of these pressed until you see samsung logo and then release.
    Use Vol. Up and Down to navigate and to select, use Home button. To go back, press Power button.
    IMPORTANT : GO to "Back and Restore" and create a FULL NADROID BACKUP by using "backup" option. It will be very useful in case something goes wrong.

- "install zip from sdcard"
    - choose zip from sdcard (if files are in external microsd)
    OR choose zip from internal sdcard (if file are in phone's internal sd card memory)
    navigate to CWM-Superuser-3.1.3.zip OR CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip and select it.

That's it.
    Go back using power button to CWM Home screen and reboot the phone.
    Hi again :)

Someone know what combination of keys we have to do for enter in recovery mode?:)

Hi,
    Press The following combination for booting into recovery. (Works fine for me)
    Keep all of them pressed until you see the samsung logo and then release them all.

Vol. UP + Vol. Down + Home + Power On

CWM and Odin is attached. Flash this CWM package using odin (make sure you reboot your phone into download mode for using odin)

I'm NOT responsible for any brick or other mis-happening. I tested it all on my galaxy S duos and it works fine.

Edit : CWM 6 replaced with CWM 5and reuploaded. CWM 5 works much smoother for me.
    [Guide] How to Reset Custom bin Counter In Galaxy S duos (S7562)

Here is the full guide. If you like, please press the thanks button

Caution: : I'm not Responsible if You Bricked Your Phone Do it at Your Own Risk.

Requirements :
    1. Rooted Samsung Galaxy S duos S7562 Phone!
    2. TringleAway App Get it from Here or from the Attachment Box of this Post.
    3. A sensible Brain and Patient..

Procedure:
    1. Install The TringleAway 2.86 app
    2. open the TringleAway it will ask you to grant root permission Grant it.
    3. Click on Reset Flash Counter As shown Below!
    VJ3IFHN.png

4. it Will Give pop-Up as shown Below.

nTpMWjt.png

5. Click Continue..
    6. Wait...
    7. Go to Download mode And check Your Binary Status its 'No'

Thanks Chainfire to makes It Possible!
    Link2SD Working!

Hey folks,

Finally got Link2SD working properly on my rooted s7562.

There are many guides out there so I'll just tell you what I did specifically for our phone to get it working.

I used MiniTool Partition Wizard (on my Windows 7 laptop) to create the second partition on my 32GB micro sdcard. The important part is that it needs to be FAT32, and not Ext3 as most guides will recommend you use. Ext3 was what I tried originally without success. I was getting "read only" errors when trying to link to second partition.

I haven't tried the Ext2 or Ext4. FAT32 worked so I'm happy.

The native "Move to SD card" option in Link2SD does not work, (presumably because it's not natively supported on our phone) but the "Create link" option works fine. Which is what we want.

I have moved (linked) a few apps over and tested they are working and all is good.

Hope this helps some of you.

Regards
    Keliuss

P.S. Please feel free to thank me below. :)
    ROM- Stock DDBMJ1 with some of my mods and edits + 200 dpi -Smart Launcher Pro - SD Cards swapped - PMP Engine - build.prop edits - many more tweaks.

-Lockscreen, homescreen, notification panel and call screens-

uploadfromtaptalk1404984238712.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1404984270191.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1404984303047.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1404984335803.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1404984392680.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1404984432378.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1404984469189.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1404984506903.jpg

Regards
    Mohitash

Sent from my GT-S7562