[Q] Major Issues!!!

Search This thread

James Mac

Jun 2, 2011
Boston
I have done all the things in this thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2632730

Everything "seemed" fine until I tried using WiFi, I actually have to hit the wifi button and then restart my phone for the wifi to actually work, weird...

Besides that, the phone has just been restarting itself and it's happening more and more. And lately, it's wicked slow with just about everything I try to do... its just super glitchy. So I thought that maybe starting from scratch would be the best way to make things right, and then re-root...

But doing this caused many questions while reading through the forum and I'm hoping that someone can help point me in the right direction...

I guess the most important questions are:
Do I wipe the phone and do a clean install, going back to stock first?
If so, because I have followed the instructions in the link above, what are the exact steps so that I don't brick it?
Should I just buy a new phone?
If I did a clean install and then re-root will it run better than it is now?

I have many more questions but I think answering these first will help out a lot...

Thanks to whoever can help me out...

Android Version 4.3
Baseband Version I605VRUEMJ9
Kernel Version 3.0.31
Build Number JSS15J.I605VRUEMJ9

Edit: I installed the new Dodol Launcher and miraculously my WiFi is working again! So I uninstalled the Nova Launcher... I am happy that I can toggle my wifi settings once again =) But I read something extremely upsetting about 2mins ago in regards to the people with unlimited data which I have, and that is, we cannot use third party apps to tether the hotspot if we did the 4.3 update!!!??? Does anyone know if this is true? I thought that I couldn't tether because my phone is somehow screwed up, not because they blocked me from using it...

Last edited:

lacoursiere18

Jan 9, 2013
LbTs
I have done all the things in this thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2632730

Everything "seemed" fine until I tried using WiFi, I actually have to hit the wifi button and then restart my phone for the wifi to actually work, weird...

Besides that, the phone has just been restarting itself and it's happening more and more. And lately, it's wicked slow with just about everything I try to do... its just super glitchy. So I thought that maybe starting from scratch would be the best way to make things right, and then re-root...

But doing this caused many questions while reading through the forum and I'm hoping that someone can help point me in the right direction...

If so, because I have followed the instructions in the link above, what are the exact steps so that I don't brick it?

I have many more questions but I think answering these first will help out a lot...

Android Version 4.3
Kernel Version 3.0.31

I would Odin back to stock.. Just make sure you don't Odin to mj9..BC then you will be locked.. So Odin back to ramc3 and then run casual and reunlock.. Sometimes a clean slate helps.. But it maybe the phone for whatever reason..
Never experienced any issues like that

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: James Mac

James Mac

Jun 2, 2011
Boston
I would Odin back to stock.. Just make sure you don't Odin to mj9..BC then you will be locked.. So Odin back to ramc3 and then run casual and reunlock.. Sometimes a clean slate helps.. But it maybe the phone for whatever reason..

Thanks lacoursiere18!

After I get back to ramc3 and reunlock do you know how can I stop the OTA from popping up and trying to get me to install it? I want to be able to tether a mobile hotspot, so I need to stay on this one (because of the unlimited data), I think...?

On another note (no pun intended), I was starting the backup process and noticed that the phone has 10.3GB of internal storage, but when I add up all the folders it only amounts to 2.24GB! Does that mean that the OS is taking up 8GB!??? It just seems like a bit much and I can't see anything, there were no hidden folders or system files that I could find either... weird...

andoubleuar

Apr 11, 2014
NYC
Alliance Rom build 25 doesn't see my 64gb memory card

I just went from version 22 to 25 of this Rom following all of the steps in the thread. Now my phone doesn't see my memory card at all. All of my apps apks through titanium backup and my music and pictures are on the card. Please help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-11-20-54-28.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-11-20-54-28.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 61

andoubleuar

Apr 11, 2014
NYC
Alliance Rom build 25 doesn't see my 64gb memory card

I just went from version 22 to 25 of this Rom following all of the steps in the thread. Now my phone doesn't see my memory card at all. All of my apps apks through titanium backup and my music and pictures are on the card. Please help.

andoubleuar

Apr 11, 2014
NYC
Try backing up your data and then reformat it through your phone settings. If that doesn't work you might want to reflash the ROM. Or go into the settings and remount it that way. But if it worked fine before you flashed the ROM I would reflash....

Ok. When I flash does it matter if I leave my sd card and simple in the phone? (The last time I took everything out)

andoubleuar

Apr 11, 2014
NYC
Ok Thanks ill try the backup and formatting of the memory card then.

I had no luck with the memory card back up because I had to format my sd card as expat for version 22. Do you know of any way I could email the developer of my Rom to see if there is a fix or update on the way to fix this. It says I have to wait to have 10 posts.

andoubleuar

Apr 11, 2014
NYC
Ok Thanks ill try the backup and formatting of the memory card then.

It should matter because the default location flashes to the Internal storage location...

I had no luck with the memory card back up because I had to format my sd card as expat for version 22. Do you know of any way I could email the developer of my Rom to see if there is a fix or update on the way to fix this. It says I have to wait to have 10 posts.

andoubleuar

Apr 11, 2014
NYC
It has to be the something to do with the format of the memory card and the ROM. My twrp recovery reads that all of my stuff is still there. It's just the version of the ROM that doesn't. Any ideas?

andoubleuar

Apr 11, 2014
NYC

I have been following the thread under the ROM and no one has said anything about having this issue but may even once I can post there I can contact beanstown106 directly. Thank you soo much for the help you have given me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Android Version 4.3
    Kernel Version 3.0.31

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
    To stop the nag on the update use titanium backup to freeze SDM 1.0