Firetv and display sleep

Search This thread

mofofofo

May 30, 2014
I have my Firetv hooked up to a large Dell monitor display and was wondering if there was a way to put the Firetv in a true hibernate mode. Right now when the Firetv goes to sleep, it still prevents my display from sleeping so the backlight remains on. I think this is due to the Firetv always being in standby mode. Is there a way to get my display to sleep when the Firetv goes to sleep? It's quite a nuisance having to go to my display to manually turn it off or having to unplug the Firetv.

kairnage

Aug 17, 2011
I have my Firetv hooked up to a large Dell monitor display and was wondering if there was a way to put the Firetv in a true hibernate mode. Right now when the Firetv goes to sleep, it still prevents my display from sleeping so the backlight remains on. I think this is due to the Firetv always being in standby mode. Is there a way to get my display to sleep when the Firetv goes to sleep? It's quite a nuisance having to go to my display to manually turn it off or having to unplug the Firetv.

The two TV's I have tried it on go to sleep after the FTV does. But there is a cheap work around. I have a older Samsung Monitor that for some reason won't sleep with my CS918S STB. I bought a cheap eForCity 3 PORT HDMI SWITCH. It comes with a remote so I programmed the port buttons to my Harmony remote. When I am done with the box I just put the hdmi swoth on the empty port. Should work for the fire too. The only run about $7 on Amazon.

mexxmann

May 7, 2011

Just checking if anyone has managed to solve this yet? I have the same problem - monitor backlight won't turn off while Fire TV is in sleep mode. As the Fire TV is the only device used with this monitor mounted on a wall, I really want to be able to control it with just the native Fire TV remote and not have to walk over to the monitor to turn it off...
Thanks!