Galaxy S5 Google Play Edition

Search This thread

lingowistico

Jan 4, 2013
Stockholm
goo.gl
I don't care about S-Health but yes you wont be able to use it. And yes it is marked as alpha and has a few glitches but for
me it works much better than TW.

Lol "it has a few glitches but works better"?! Ridiculous fanboying detected. Cm is awesome but TW is great too it has alot of handy features. Me I'm on BNL9 lollipop and it's super smooth (no lag like in kitkat) and the ui is much more compelling. Basically it's a matter of priorities and taste. My priority is no glitches. Hence tw lollipop. When cm leaves alpha stage maybe I'll switch too.
As for GPE itt samsung already has at least beta GPE builds just wish they'd leak them already. Especially now when it's becoming clear that S5 GPE won't be happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tron666

belzebub40k

Dec 30, 2010
Nexus 7 (2013)
Redmi K20 Pro
Lol "it has a few glitches but works better"?! Ridiculous fanboying detected. Cm is awesome but TW is great too it has alot of handy features. Me I'm on BNL9 lollipop and it's super smooth (no lag like in kitkat) and the ui is much more compelling. Basically it's a matter of priorities and taste. My priority is no glitches. Hence tw lollipop. When cm leaves alpha stage maybe I'll switch too.

The glitches I'm talking about wont effect the most people. As far as I know there are only two:

1. Bluetooth-Streaming isn't working properly.
2. Touchscreen isn't working in some games.

As I don't use Bluetooth-Streaming or any of the effected games I have no real issues and battery life is much better. This does not have anything todo with beeing a fanboy and I don't say TW is completely useless but I don't like it and I don't like how Samsung messed up Lillipop.

lingowistico

Jan 4, 2013
Stockholm
goo.gl
The glitches I'm talking about wont effect the most people. As far as I know there are only two:

1. Bluetooth-Streaming isn't working properly.
2. Touchscreen isn't working in some games.

As I don't use Bluetooth-Streaming or any of the effected games I have no real issues and battery life is much better. This does not have anything todo with beeing a fanboy and I don't say TW is completely useless but I don't like it and I don't like how Samsung messed up Lillipop.

Well I could debate you about #2. Imho most people have at least candycrush or temple runner installed or some kind of game. I agree that samsung didn't put enough work in to Touchwiz Nature Ux. I guess this is version 3.5? Well unfortunately it seems they rushed lollipop implementing only a few superficial changes to tw. The S6 will get the "lollipop" TWNUX version 4. We got lollipop looking like kitkat :D They do this every time, I've been around since 2011 and was hoping they would embrace apple's approach of one ui for all devices. Instead they use software tricks as selling points for new devices. By superficially handicapping updates for previous phones. Oh well. The devices are great and so is the firmware (when it really comes down to it) so I'm not really complaining :D

Last edited:

@non4

Jun 11, 2012
Gothicus
Well I could debate you about #2. Imho most people have at least candycrush or temple runner installed or some kind of game. I agree that samsung didn't put enough work in to Touchwiz Nature Ux. I guess this is version 3.5? Well unfortunately it seems they rushed lollipop implementing only a few superficial changes to tw. The S6 will get the "lollipop" TWNUX version 4. We got lollipop looking like kitkat :D They do this every time, I've been around since 2011 and was hoping they would embrace apple's approach of one ui for all devices. Instead they use software tricks as selling points for new devices. By superficially handicapping updates for previous phones. Oh well. The devices are great and so is the firmware (when it really comes down to it) so I'm not really complaining :D
Not to worry there's always someone who ports the new look, we got note 4 apps and will probs get s6 apps at some point

lingowistico

Jan 4, 2013
Stockholm
goo.gl
Not to worry there's always someone who ports the new look, we got note 4 apps and will probs get s6 apps at some point
It's not as "simple" as that, you have to port the whole ui or rom. Besides my point is that i think Samsung should copy apple's "one ui on all devices" policy just like they've copied everything else down to the home button. :p

aegeuss

Jan 20, 2008
Ankara
Main reason I have bought this device is Galaxy S4 GPE; I thought the same for S5. I regret my decision now :(

SM-T800 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

@non4

Jun 11, 2012
Gothicus
It's not as "simple" as that, you have to port the whole ui or rom. Besides my point is that i think Samsung should copy apple's "one ui on all devices" policy just like they've copied everything else down to the home button. [emoji14]

Its not that straightforward for Samsung to port either, and not in their marketing strategy, besides they crammed in enough features already. Besides I'd rather do without, the gs3 missed out on KK because the ram simply wasn't enough, I tried the port from the LTE model and it was sloooow after a while. What I would like to see is a new theme, its in the right direction compared to the childish look of older devices but still overuse of color is present. And iOS can easily do this because they have a hand full of phones and a very basic os compared to android, especially Samsung's version of it. Most older phones had a home button of sort, tbh that's one of the reasons I like the s5, they're staying away from onscreen buttons for which devs don't support immersive mode half the time.
Main reason I have bought this device is Galaxy S4 GPE; I thought the same for S5. I regret my decision now :(

SM-T800 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
At least we have cyanogenmod.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Shouldn't they then quit the *****ing and realise its nobody's fault but their own?
    What i want to know is why do people buy a samsung then ***** about Touchwiz?
    Now there's no longer any reason to make a decision.
    S5 GPE all the way!
    I'll pick up a black wireless charging backplate and call it good :D

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    But what prevents us from editing cid and mid on our Galaxies manually to get OTA. Also you mention CID&MID and Firmware as reasons for OTA. So which is it? Firmware or CID&MID? AFAIK firmware is just another word for rom.

We don`t have a S-Off option on samsung devices so we can`t change the phones identity and product code unlike HTC devices with S-Off can.
    There is no Galaxy S5 GPE yet. This is only speculation.
    On the S4 GPE, you couldn't change display settings like you could on the stock one (Cinema/Photography/Adapt Display).
    There was only the stock calibration. I'm sure there were and are kernel mods for it, though.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

I know, I'm just asking what it's like on the Galaxy s series GPE. What's the stock calibration? The display and touchwiz is what makes me hesitant to make a Galaxy s5

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk