Swype keyboard not swiping?

Search This thread

itm

Jan 1, 2007
I installed the Swype keyboard and it was working fine for a few days, but now it will not "swype". It responds to pressing individual keys but dragging my finger across the keyboard no longer has any effect.
Has anyone else had this problem?

monomer888

Sep 20, 2009
Have you tried selecting another software keyboard and then reselecting Swype?

Sent using XDA Android Premium App

ilostchild

Dec 7, 2009
this happens, if you have it to apps2sd it can cause this and other issues, as well could be due to language package if install, as said try to unselect swype and re-select it, as well if you get the apk swype restore you can restore your original swype from your nandroid

itm

Jan 1, 2007
this happens, if you have it to apps2sd it can cause this and other issues, as well could be due to language package if install, as said try to unselect swype and re-select it, as well if you get the apk swype restore you can restore your original swype from your nandroid

I tried switching to another keyboard, then back again, but it didn't help. I can also confirm that I have not moved it to the SD card.
I have un-installed it and re-downloaded the beta and it is now working again. I'll see how long this works for....

lainvalenajr

Dec 12, 2010
Chula Vista
I tried switching to another keyboard, then back again, but it didn't help. I can also confirm that I have not moved it to the SD card.
I have un-installed it and re-downloaded the beta and it is now working again. I'll see how long this works for....

Hello I've been reading through the thread. I was going to tell you to do that but lol it seems that you already found out Haha.

Sent from my HTC Desire Z/G2 Using XDA Premium App

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
This is a known problem with Swype, and happens every time you reboot the phone. Try un-checking Swype in Settings>Language and keyboard, then re-checking it. You will also need to re-select Swype as the input method by long press in (almost) any text input field, until the Input Method option comes up.

lainvalenajr

Dec 12, 2010
Chula Vista
This is a known problem with Swype, and happens every time you reboot the phone. Try un-checking Swype in Settings>Language and keyboard, then re-checking it. You will also need to re-select Swype as the input method by long press in (almost) any text input field, until the Input Method option comes up.

hmm... I dont seem to have that issue with MIUI but i dont know about the other roms.

Sent from my HTC Desire Z/G2 Using XDA Premium App

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
hmm... I dont seem to have that issue with MIUI but i dont know about the other roms.

Might be only on the latest version of Swype, I don't remember it happening on older Swype builds (but not certain). On the latest Swype open beta version, it does this on several ROMs for me (stock, Virtuous, CM7), and another on XDA mentioned its a 'known issue'.

ilostchild

Dec 7, 2009
it is a known issue, it actually depends what swype you get when getting it from the installer there is 2 options full and eng/spanish, i had issues when i got full on my g2 and mytouch slide, when i did eng/spanish all was ok except it Fc one or twice fix permission fixed and working since then

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
it is a known issue, it actually depends what swype you get when getting it from the installer there is 2 options full and eng/spanish, i had issues when i got full on my g2 and mytouch slide, when i did eng/spanish all was ok except it Fc one or twice fix permission fixed and working since then

I've tried installing both full and Eng/Span, and they both have the same bug for me (no swiping after reboot).

ericHNI

Feb 16, 2011
São Paulo
I've had this problem several times. Try pressing any text field until the "input method" message pops up. Select "touch input", and the repeat the procedure now selecting "Swype". It always works for me.

I'm using rooted stock sense with visionary/gfree and Launcher Pro Plus.

Hope it helps.