[Q] How to root Huawei u8650?

Search This thread

Diomorgan

Jul 11, 2011
Rome
here you can find another rom not belong to Yoigo... but it is fomr Australia Operator...

Ouch, I meant that the rom you linked is stock (no brand) and I was going to flash it, but as I can see the yoigo one is newer.
Maybe the Australian one is rootable with classic root tools, but I wouldn't flash with the AU rom if I don't have the Yoigo one to come back...

Is there a way to save the Yoigo rom from the phone?

naghtan

Jan 10, 2008
Marbella
Lenovo P11
Ouch, I meant that the rom you linked is stock (no brand) and I was going to flash it, but as I can see the yoigo one is newer.
Maybe the Australian one is rootable with classic root tools, but I wouldn't flash with the AU rom if I don't have the Yoigo one to come back...

Is there a way to save the Yoigo rom from the phone?

Hahaha I really dont know! It is my first Android phone.... im really a newy..

Diomorgan

Jul 11, 2011
Rome
HERE WE ARE boys! :-D

Just rooted my U8650 in this damn EASY way:

download the file update.zip from here , copy it in your SD card then turn off the phone and put it in recovery mode (volume up+on/off switch for a few seconds).
Once in the recovery menu select "update from SD , chose the file, then reboot et voilà!
Your phone is rooted!

Thank huchengtw for the chinese forum link! ;-)

huchengtw

Feb 26, 2010
Taipei
Diomorgan,

really?? I met the signature verification failed error. The following is my ver.:

Model Number: HUAWEI_IDEOS_U8650
Baseband Version: 60501009
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-perf
Build Number: U8650V100R001C058B826SP06

I had found some u8650 can't be rooted, like those in Taiwan, in another chinese forums.

huchengtw

baked_dog

Aug 3, 2011
Diomorgan,

Can I ask what build number your phone is? ..has this worked for everyone else??

I have just purchased one in Australia and wondering if your method will work for mine, is there any harm in me trying your method or if it doesn't work will I have to re-install an original rom? ..yes sorry if this is a noob question, I have had little experience with androids or rooting for that matter but can find very little information on this phone.

Diomorgan

Jul 11, 2011
Rome
Build is U8650V100R001C86B823SP05
basebans 60501009
Model U8650-1 (written under the battery)

Youigo Firmware should be different from the australian one: it got a lot of utility like "web update" or "install app" to install app from SD, maybe is the same, but the firmware itself rocks!

My two yoigo U8650 are both unlocked and rooted now and I'm going to sell my iPhone 3GS asap ;-))))

gyco

Feb 23, 2011
Perth
I can't even get mine into recovery mode. Guess I'm going to have to leave the phone as is.

huchengtw

Feb 26, 2010
Taipei
gyco,

the u8650 has a mechanism (I don't know that it is) to reserve the state of your phone while you turn off it.

You can enter recovery mode with a cold boot, which means you need to take off the battery out, put it back, and press vol up + power.

huchengtw

nkhs9412235

Nov 28, 2008
I think the the U8650 whose Build Number is U8650V100R001C058B826SP06 can't be rooted.

In other word, we can't use the same file which fits U8650V100R001C86B823SP05 to root U8650V100R001C058B826SP06.

huchengtw

Feb 26, 2010
Taipei
Sure, it is. Someone had found that Huawei IDEOS u8650 is a customized version for Cht of Taiwan (中華電信). It's not the same as the standard version for China and other countries.

I think the update.zip image is released by someone in Huawei with the correct key to sign the file.

One of the reason it can't be rooted is this phone had removed the "Logcat" mechanism from android. So, this makes most of rooting ways malfunction.

The only way is to wait that somebody finds a bug to obtain root privilege.

I think the the U8650 whose Build Number is U8650V100R001C058B826SP06 can't be rooted.

In other word, we can't use the same file which fits U8650V100R001C86B823SP05 to root U8650V100R001C058B826SP06.

Diomorgan

Jul 11, 2011
Rome
So, if you are on Yoigo or Australian one and you want to de-brand+possibility of rooting with the given file, just put THIS original NO BRAND Huawei U8650 firmware on your SD in /dload/ folder (you'll see easily: the path is alresdy in the compressed file), turn off the phone, remove the battery a few seconds, than put SD and battery in the phone end turn it on with "VOL+" + "VOL-" + "ON" at the same time (yes, three buttons, but i'ts easy ;-)).
He will automatically upgrade the firmware to the unbranded one (obviously this is a reset too, so you'll lost your settings) in 2-4 minutes.
Than you'll have a cool UNBRANDEND U8650 phone that you can root with the procedure told in the posts before.
Enjoy ;-)

Sm0L

May 18, 2011
Lisboa
Samsung Galaxy S10+
@linuxville

Can you tell me which languages are available in that rom? i have a u8650 from yoigo spain and only have english and spanish languages, i need portuguese language, does that rom have it?

thedeparted

Aug 24, 2008
Afyonkarahisar
Hi everybody;

I have a Huawei U8650 phone that called Turkcell T20 (Turkcell is a mobile phone operator in Turkey). But there is a difference between huawei U8650 and Turkcell T20, this difference is camera resolution. Turkcell T20 has 5 MP but U8650 has 3 MP camera.

I want to flash my phone to a rom that doesn't fully have stupid and can not removable Turkcell applications. But the different camera resolution is engrossing.

Do you think that the other roms is compatible with Turkcell T20 because of the different camera resolution? It could be a problem that flashing the other officials rom to my Turkcell T20???

Many thanks...

Last edited:

thedeparted

Aug 24, 2008
Afyonkarahisar
all of them are compitable. but some of them can not be rooted. and btw turkcell t20 is 3.1mp too. not 5mp. you may want to make phone root than delete the turkcell apps or if you want you can choose a rom and install. choice is yours my friend.

But now i have Turkcell T20, and the camera resolution is writen 5.0 MP in the manual and the back cover...

Then, please tell me my friend; which roms are can be rooted, or can not be rooted? I want to flash a rom to my phone, because i can not root my phone with Turkcell Rom...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HERE WE ARE boys! :-D

Just rooted my U8650 in this damn EASY way:

download the file update.zip from here , copy it in your SD card then turn off the phone and put it in recovery mode (volume up+on/off switch for a few seconds).
    Once in the recovery menu select "update from SD , chose the file, then reboot et voilà!
    Your phone is rooted!

Thank huchengtw for the chinese forum link! ;-)
    So, if you are on Yoigo or Australian one and you want to de-brand+possibility of rooting with the given file, just put THIS original NO BRAND Huawei U8650 firmware on your SD in /dload/ folder (you'll see easily: the path is alresdy in the compressed file), turn off the phone, remove the battery a few seconds, than put SD and battery in the phone end turn it on with "VOL+" + "VOL-" + "ON" at the same time (yes, three buttons, but i'ts easy ;-)).
    He will automatically upgrade the firmware to the unbranded one (obviously this is a reset too, so you'll lost your settings) in 2-4 minutes.
    Than you'll have a cool UNBRANDEND U8650 phone that you can root with the procedure told in the posts before.
    Enjoy ;-)
    This will work 100%

To root U8650 you should flash it with original Rom, Spanish devices dont need original rom to root dont know why it is but it is

ROM

It is necessary to download an official ROM

ROOT and the original ROM

http://www.mediafire.com/?s7p8iskky45df4t

After you download it unrar it and dload folder copy to memory card

Path should look like \ dload \ update

to flash device you need to

turn it off
    remove the battery for 5 seconds
    put the battery back in
    press the buttons "VOL +" + "VOL-" + "ON" (all three keys at once)
    and will start automatic firmware upgrade

for 3-4 minutes cell is debranded

If you get error not found firmware that means that you did not put the firmware on the SD card like you should (I got it a few times) just off the device and repeat the procedure.

root

After flashing unbranded firmware we can throw at root

file needed for the root http://www.mediafire.com/?4f29cszyula2vx6

This is similar to debranding.

download root file
    Put it on SD card
    turn off the phone
    remove the battery for 3 seconds
    Press "VOL +" + "ON" (without the vol-)
    When you open the "bios like" menu use the volume keys up/down to select the update from memory card called root
    after this procedure just reboot the phone and you have rooted phone

+ After rooting you can install custom roms.
    Hi i just buy this excellent phone from yoigo spain and its awesome!! Thanks for this great thread and all the info! Could you kindly tell me, what languages are included in this firmware ? Is german included too or only english and spanish ?

Will I lose all data on my phone? I dont mind I just would like to know in advance, and is this still android 2.3.3?!

Does it also remove the yoigo netlock? Cos I hear on other phones if u put new firmware on, the simlock is removed. is this the same here?

Does everything still work good?

Thankyou!

1-Multilanguage (almost every language of the world, heheheh)

2-Yes, you will.

3-No, it doesn't, to unlock the phone you need to buy the unlock code (it's legal) or ask Yoigo to unlock it. Actually I don't have the contract in my hands, BUT if there's nothing about the sim-lock on our contracts Yoigo MUST unlock our phones on request.
    I heard thye does for something like €20, just google around :)
    Finally I got my U8650 back (thanks to Watchdroid that sent me a txt message with the number and GPS position of the thief that, scared from my txt messages, sent me my phone back!).
    Another GOOD news is that Vodafone Italy is selling this phone (€129-€149, doh!), that means "custom firmwares on the way!" :)

There is a Cynogenmod 7 port from a spanish guy (just google for it, is in another forum), but after 2 days of use it's keping rebooting TOO MUCH times!

Fortunately he found a way to install ClockworksMod too! :-D
    I'm going back to stock rom since it was smooth and nice after the root.