[Q] Verbatim 97537 wireless Bluetooth mobile keyboard

Search This thread

rwitmer

Apr 3, 2009
Has anyone had any success getting this device to work?

I've got the Gingerbread update. I can pair with the keyboard but it says I'm not connected. "Paired but not connected". I've tried some of the free bluetooth keyboard apps, BlueKeyboard JP and BluePiano Demo, but no success with them either. I have got this to work with my HP Touchpad and my friend that had another Android phone got it to work easily.

rwitmer

Apr 3, 2009
I got it to work!

Verbatim 97537 Wireless Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard pairing on a T-Mobile G2 running Gingerbread.

I got it to work on my T-Mobile G2 running Gingerbread Android version 2.3.4. It is not an easy connect or obvious. The trick is that I had to un-pair and pair again the keyboard each time I want to use it. It doesn't work unless it's a fresh pairing each time.

1. Go to the Market and download and install BlueKeyboard JP. I've currently got version 2.1.6.

2. Go to Settings/Language & keyboard. Enable BlueKeyboard JP. Select BlueKeyboard JP settings. There are a few nice tutorials on You-Tube for pairing a Bluetooth keyboard to your Android with this app.

3. Go to Bluetooth settings. Pair bluetooth keyboard. Turn on Bluetooth. Scan for devices. Turn on the Verbatim keyboard. Set the "Pairing" button on Verbatim keyboard. If there is a previous pairing, you need to Unpair the keyboard and redo the pairing and the keycodes on the phone and the keyboard. You should see "Verbatim Keyboard" "Paired but not connected."

4. Go to a Google search box. Long press and hold, select Input Method of BlueKeyboard JP. You might see a message saying you are "Connected..." then a pause and "Connected." Type on the keyboard and see your keystrokes appear in the search box.

If if starts saying

"Connecting...
Please don't touch keyboard.

and tries 3 times, it's not going to work. Redo the pairing again.

I almost gave up on this, but I'm happy I found a sequence of steps that works for me.

I just got one of these. I'm running cyanogen, and I followed the instructions I found on amazon, and it worked just fine, no software needed. http://www.amazon.com/review/RDBOFP...&ASIN=B004L9LT2E&nodeID=172282&tag=&linkCode=

Ok, it types fine. I can't find out how to bring up the menu from the keyboard, the hotkeys doc at http://www.verbatim.com/index/support.php?lang_id=1&cat=24&action=supportitems&pid=11477 says it's alt+esc, but that didn't work. And the "home" key doesn't seem to work either. But I'm ok with that.

Instructions:
In Android:
Turn on blue tooth.
Added step-Make android device "discoverable".
Scan for devices.

Keyboard:
Turn on the keyboard.
Push the "Pair" button with a pen.

Android:
Select the keyboard.
It will ask for a 4 number password. Enter any 4 numbers.
Press OK

Keyboard:
Enter the same 4 number password you entered in Android.
Press Enter.

Last edited:

rwitmer

Apr 3, 2009
I couldn't get it to work on a stock G2 without the extra software. But it did work out-of-the-box on a HP TouchPad running stock webOS and also Cyanogenmod.