[Q] LED Notifications dimming while charging

Search This thread

jrtancinco

Dec 17, 2013
Hi guys, I don't know if this is supposed to be either a feature or a bug, but since I replaced the battery cover from the original Quick Cover folio case (CCF-210) to the non-folio one, everytime I charge the phone the Notifications LED becomes dim as if brightness setting was set to zero. I have the unlocked AT&T E980 model immediately flashed with Panama ROM (full stock, non rooted) since I bought it a month ago. I made a few tests to check if this is a hardware or software issue (if it's an issue at all) and so I did the following:

* Using the non-folio case, when phone is NOT charging, the LED brightness is NORMAL (i set it to 80% brightness)
* Using the non-folio case, when phone is charging, the LED brightness is DIM (as if 0% brightness). I check the settings it's still set at 80%
* Using the Quick Cover case (auto screen off is turned ON), when phone is either charging or not, the LED brightness is NORMAL

Is anybody else experiencing this? Is the phone supposed to do this or not? I'm thinking of hard resetting the phone, but I wanna make sure I'm the only one experiencing this before I do.

deadenz

Sep 20, 2008
Hartly, DE
Hi guys, I don't know if this is supposed to be either a feature or a bug, but since I replaced the battery cover from the original Quick Cover folio case (CCF-210) to the non-folio one, everytime I charge the phone the Notifications LED becomes dim as if brightness setting was set to zero. I have the unlocked AT&T E980 model immediately flashed with Panama ROM (full stock, non rooted) since I bought it a month ago. I made a few tests to check if this is a hardware or software issue (if it's an issue at all) and so I did the following:

* Using the non-folio case, when phone is NOT charging, the LED brightness is NORMAL (i set it to 80% brightness)
* Using the non-folio case, when phone is charging, the LED brightness is DIM (as if 0% brightness). I check the settings it's still set at 80%
* Using the Quick Cover case (auto screen off is turned ON), when phone is either charging or not, the LED brightness is NORMAL

Is anybody else experiencing this? Is the phone supposed to do this or not? I'm thinking of hard resetting the phone, but I wanna make sure I'm the only one experiencing this before I do.

I do know that when charging your phone there is a setting for the LED to change the colors or disable it, on certain roms. that's the only thing I can say about it.. sorry I wasn't more help

jrtancinco

Dec 17, 2013
I do know that when charging your phone there is a setting for the LED to change the colors or disable it, on certain roms. that's the only thing I can say about it.. sorry I wasn't more help

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I tried changing the settings and then testing it again, but the LED keeps on dimming out (dropping to 0% brightness) when I connect the charger. LED works fine & normal when the charger isn't connected. It's nothing that affects performance though, it's just a really weird and annoying behavior.

Since it looks like I'm the only one experiencing this, I'd probably try to hard rest one of these days (when I'm not lazy anymore hehe) and hope it fixes the weird behavior.

xdax1

Aug 27, 2009
Hong Kong
how to make it brighter in general

i was gonna ask a similar question, are you saying the notification LED in home button right? Mine is so dim when charging, i can hardly see it, I have seen it much brighter when powering off phone and turning on phone, how can I make it brighter at all?

I am on ROOT E988 version by the way, stock ROM

jrtancinco

Dec 17, 2013
i was gonna ask a similar question, are you saying the notification LED in home button right? Mine is so dim when charging, i can hardly see it, I have seen it much brighter when powering off phone and turning on phone, how can I make it brighter at all?

I am on ROOT E988 version by the way, stock ROM

Yes, that's exactly it. So it's not specific to just the E980 Panama ROM since your experiencing the same on your E988. Same here, I can hardly see the green notification or the red breathing light when the charger is plugged in, especially during daytime. So is this supposed to happen or is it a bug? Do anyone else notice this on your LG OGP?

mandarjoshiin

Yes, that's exactly it. So it's not specific to just the E980 Panama ROM since your experiencing the same on your E988. Same here, I can hardly see the green notification or the red breathing light when the charger is plugged in, especially during daytime. So is this supposed to happen or is it a bug? Do anyone else notice this on your LG OGP?

Its completely normal guys.. I also have my LED notifications dimming while charging..

Reactions: jrtancinco

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Its completely normal guys.. I also have my LED notifications dimming while charging..